Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2017, 09:04 AM
Hall of Famer

No rumors on CMB. Facts.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 02-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
And that list of 'traded for' QB's have won how many SB's after the trade ?
That would be zero.

And Carson Palmer has denied that his house is on the market:

Quote:
Those Carson-Palmer’s-house-is-on-the-market-unless-it-isn’t reports can be resolved once and for all, at least for now. Based on words directly from Palmer himself.

“No, my house in Arizona is not on the market,” Palmer said in a statement from the Cardinals to PFT. “And every year we have taken off for offseason family adventures so there’s nothing to read into there either.”

The latter part of that quote relates to the report that Palmer’s kids have been pulled out of school in Arizona.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-the-market/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
That would be zero.

And Carson Palmer has denied that his house is on the market:

Yep, I know.....thought it might help freak understand that making that trade hasn't proven to be a successful move yet. Of course, winning a SB is very difficult......

GO BOLTS !
Old 02-01-2017, 09:59 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Yep, I know.....thought it might help freak understand that making that trade hasn't proven to be a successful move yet. Of course, winning a SB is very difficult......
Yes, it is hard to win a ring.

The Bucs later won a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson, but that was after the Redskins allowed Johnson to walk to Tampa Bay in 2001 as a free agent a mere two years after trading a 1st, a future 2nd and a future 3rd round pick to acquire him and handed the job to Jeff George, all to Marty Schottenheimer's delight.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Power of 51

The topic, for the reading impaired, was about 1st round picks not being traded for NFL QB's. I corrected frozen by displaying just SOME of the ones that have been traded for 1st round picks.

Slanting off into SB wins have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. I mean, you guys need to grip up a little bit. I don't think any of them ever landed on the moon either, but by all means, post about that too.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
The topic, for the reading impaired, was about 1st round picks not being traded for NFL QB's. I corrected frozen by displaying just SOME of the ones that have been traded for 1st round picks.

Slanting off into SB wins have absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. I mean, you guys need to grip up a little bit. I don't think any of them ever landed on the moon either, but by all means, post about that too.
And I pointed out that those trades were failure......which makes it seem reasonable to question the wisdom in making one.

GO BOLTS !
Old 02-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
And I pointed out that those trades were failure......which makes it seem reasonable to question the wisdom in making one.
Brett Farve was a failure huh ? Never knew that.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Brett Farve was a failure huh ? Never knew that.
He did squat after leaving the Packers.....

GO BOLTS !
Old 02-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
He did squat after leaving the Packers.....
Pack gave Atlanta a 1st round pick for him. He was extremely successful following that. Even played in the 1997 SB against Elway.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:08 PM
<<< LA's finest football

Quote:
Pack gave Atlanta a 1st round pick for him. He was extremely successful following that. Even played in the 1997 SB against Elway.
1997 ?

How about 1996 when they actually WON the SB (which makes both Frozendisc and McRugs incorrect BTW).

In response to FD's remark that he did squat after leaving GB, that is also untrue.

2009 accomplishments with Minnesota:

4,202 passing yards (3rd highest of his career)

33 TD's (4th highest of his career)

7 INT's (fewest of his career)

107.2 QB Rating (Best of career)

Team went 12-4, and lost by a FG in OT in the NFCCG against a team that had a bounty out on him.

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...