Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2017, 07:56 PM
Learn to THINK

I knew you couldn't stay gone, Roo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:57 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Best news of the whole night.

Thanks for reconsidering, Roo!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-05-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I'm hooked on the Chargers

After attending the very first Chargers game in San Diego many years ago, I became a fan of the team. During all these years I have remained a faithful fan, even during all the years that they were last in the AFCW.

For many years, the sports writers and broadcasters in LA treated the city of San Diego and the Chargers as a weak sister to the South and it always made me burn. As a result, I adopted a "I don't like any LA team" attitude. When they recently announced the move to LA, I said that's it for me. I'm not going to be a fan of an LA team.

BUT, I've come to realize, my interest in the Bolts is deeper than my dislike of LA teams. I've found that I can not really pick a different to cheer for (as I had thought I could). I find that I still read everything I see about the team or the players on the internet. - In short, I can't give up on the team after all these years. So here I am - back on the Chargers forum, reading all I can find about the Bolts. I'll just have to think of them as the Chargers and ignore the initials I now see in front of their name.
Welcome back 'roo. The board isn't the same without you.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-05-2017, 08:39 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I'm hooked on the Chargers

After attending the very first Chargers game in San Diego many years ago, I became a fan of the team. During all these years I have remained a faithful fan, even during all the years that they were last in the AFCW.

For many years, the sports writers and broadcasters in LA treated the city of San Diego and the Chargers as a weak sister to the South and it always made me burn. As a result, I adopted a "I don't like any LA team" attitude. When they recently announced the move to LA, I said that's it for me. I'm not going to be a fan of an LA team.

BUT, I've come to realize, my interest in the Bolts is deeper than my dislike of LA teams. I've found that I can not really pick a different to cheer for (as I had thought I could). I find that I still read everything I see about the team or the players on the internet. - In short, I can't give up on the team after all these years. So here I am - back on the Chargers forum, reading all I can find about the Bolts. I'll just have to think of them as the Chargers and ignore the initials I now see in front of their name.
Welcome back, fellow Bolt backer chargeroo. The Chargers need to retain as many fans as they can, Spanos notwithstanding.

While I don't share the general antipathy some San Diegans have towards LA, I have struggled, and still do struggle, with this move. My affection for both San Diego and the Chargers together has me torn. I have been feeling more hostile towards Spanos, as I didn't like how he left San Diego, and how he has treated both the city and its fans in his wake.

I still love the Chargers, though, and someday Spanos and Co. will sell the team. While part of me continues to root for them, part of me will be bothered if they do very well in Los Angeles, as I'd feel San Diego deserves any future success after 56 years of support.

I'm also hoping Spanos cashes in his now bloated team value and moves on, sooner rather than later. It is still possible some years down the road the Bolts will get an owner who will return them to San Diego. Granted it may be a remote hope, but who saw the Raiders go back to Oakland, and the Rams back to LA?

Old 02-05-2017, 09:03 PM
All-Pro

I'm happy that you're back and I hope this is a trend. I'm certain it's easier to carry on as Chargers fans for those of us that aren't San Diego residents. I can't imagine what it's like for those that live there.

I'm not sure it will ever be the same but I genuinely hope that other Chargers fans will return to the family once the grieving process is over and the new season is upon us.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:01 PM
more mojo please

ROO ROO!!?

Welcome back, door's always open for anyone willing to sport the bolt again

It ain't easy, but since when was being a Charger fan ever easy right?

The MG3 prophecy continues

Oh and props for not just making a new account like I'm sure some have...
Haha

1 of 500
SD Native, LA Charger Loyalist

007. Malik Hooker FS Ohio St.
038, Malik McDowell DL Michigan St.
071. Antonio Garcia OT Troy
113. Buckey Hodges TE Virginia Tech
151. Julie'n Davenport OT Bucknell
190. Corey Levin OG Chattanooga
225. Samson Ebukam DE Eastern Washington
Old 02-06-2017, 12:52 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Welcome back!

More and more will come back once they realize the Padres still don't fill that void in their soul.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Welcome back!

More and more will come back once they realize the Padres still don't fill that void in their soul.

not the point. I watched, cheered, root for this team on every play, every game and draft picks for nearly 40 years. Agonized on every bad play and bad picks as well. Now knowing they will never win another game as the San Diego Chargers. If they ever win anything they will celebrate under a different city and logo. That's disheartening and has nothing to do with baseball or another sport not filling the void.
Tell me if Cleveland fans celebrated the Ravens' Super Bowl win?'
1. Reuben Foster (get a top 5 player without a top 5 pick. Foster will be an absolute monster in the pros). Never enough LBs in the NFL and guys like#51 dont belong in the starting lineup.
2. OL
3. Brad Kaaya (time to look forward to a new era at QB)
4. Joe Mixon RB (talented back who'll drop for off field altercation 2 years ago).
Old 02-06-2017, 08:49 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
[/B]
not the point. I watched, cheered, root for this team on every play, every game and draft picks for nearly 40 years. Agonized on every bad play and bad picks as well. Now knowing they will never win another game as the San Diego Chargers. If they ever win anything they will celebrate under a different city and logo. That's disheartening and has nothing to do with baseball or another sport not filling the void.
Tell me if Cleveland fans celebrated the Ravens' Super Bowl win?'
Not since they moved to Maryland. Had they remained in Ohio? Maybe.

I can remember more than a few Oakland fans celebrating when the LA Raiders defeated the Skins back in January 1984. Each fan is different, and I don't see any of their decisions being "wrong".

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:54 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Not since they moved to Maryland. Had they remained in Ohio? Maybe.

I can remember more than a few Oakland fans celebrating when the LA Raiders defeated the Skins back in January 1984. Each fan is different, and I don't see any of their decisions being "wrong".
to reiterate your point, the Chargers moved.
We'll all still watch and cheer but the joy will never be as high or the agony will no longer be as deep, after all it's the LA Chargers.
1. Reuben Foster (get a top 5 player without a top 5 pick. Foster will be an absolute monster in the pros). Never enough LBs in the NFL and guys like#51 dont belong in the starting lineup.
2. OL
3. Brad Kaaya (time to look forward to a new era at QB)
4. Joe Mixon RB (talented back who'll drop for off field altercation 2 years ago).