Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2017, 08:48 PM
Learn to THINK

Default Super Bowl Post Game Thread

Me, I'm sick about that game.

I put it on coaching. Stupid decisions late in the game.

And on dumb-luck (that deflected pass that was not only not intercepted, but resulted in a miracle reception / first down??)

And (less, but still a little) on the zebras. Pat's down big-time? Okay, let's get them 3 first down by penalty in a row. And ignore wholesale calling by the offense.

Chargers 2007. Falcons 2017. AAAaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhh!!!!
Old 02-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Hall of Famer

The Falcons choked but credit to the Pats.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:06 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
And on the zebras. Pat's down big-time? Okay, let's get them 3 first down by penalty in a row.
This was the turning point in the game. Down 28-3, the refs took over and changed the momentum of the game.

Disgusting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
This was the turning point in the game. Down 28-3, the refs took over and changed the momentum of the game.

Disgusting.
the three defensive holding penalties in a row were in the first half and that drive resulted in a pick 6 to make it 21-0 so hardly game changing for the Pats.

Look, the Falcons choked. The Patriots were uncharacteristic in the first half. A fumble, a pick 6. Not able to stop the run. Down 21-3. Brady ended up throwing 62 times. No run game at all. But he dialed it in the second half and the Falcons choked after Julio Jones ballet catch. Nothing to do but tip your cap.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Hall of Famer

My Pops thought the game was put away after the Falcons scored to take a 28-3 lead. I said not quite...with a quarterback like Brady I was thinking one more score to extend the lead would of been enough cushion to win the game. The sudden sack and fumble then occurred in the 4th quarter which turned the game completely around. Brady's will to win just took over and the team followed suit leading them on a terrific come back win.

Julio Jones played terrific. Too bad Ryan didn't connect with him more. I initially cheered against the Pats until the very end. Upon reflection, you can't deny greatness. With this historic come from behind win, Brady took it to an even higher level by distancing himself from Montana and Bradshaw. I tip my hat off to Tom Brady, Coach Belichick and the Patriots organization.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
My Pops thought the game was put away after the Falcons scored to take a 28-3 lead. I said not quite...with a quarterback like Brady I was thinking one more score to extend the lead would of been enough cushion to win the game. The sudden sack and fumble then occurred in the 4th quarter which turned the game completely around. Brady's will to win just took over and the team followed suit leading them on a terrific come back win.

Julio Jones played terrific. Too bad Ryan didn't connect with him more. I initially cheered against the Pats until the very end. Upon reflection, you can't deny greatness. With this historic come from behind win, Brady took it to an even higher level by distancing himself from Montana and Bradshaw. I tip my hat off to Tom Brady, Coach Belichick and the Patriots organization.
That's all you can do. They've just got a bunch of scrappy guys that they rotate around every few years and a superstar QB who has to be considered the GOAT. They made a blow out a game and took advantage of Atlanta's meltdown at the end. Kills me to be giving them credit but they earned it this time
Old 02-06-2017, 12:51 AM
Veteran

i hate the pats, but they have to get credit for this one. most teams would botch even one 2-point conversion, but pats made 2 in a row - and made it look easy.

atlanta had to just move the ball near the end, and they could not do it.

how many times over the last 5-7 years have the chargers been one first down away from icing a game, and then completely given the game away from that point forward.

when the pats needed to execute, they did. over and over. that overtime was an afterthought, even if atlanta had one the toss, it would have been 3 and out, followed by a pats touchdown.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:55 AM
Veteran

i think a big part of the NE's success is getting smart players who play like a team and give it 110%. their defense has no big name stars right now, but they still shut people down.

and a guy like Edelman, 110% and committed as heck.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:59 AM
Learn to THINK

I'm sure it was a great game, overtime and all.

But for half the audience, I'll bet that for them, like me, it was the worst game ever.

Yuk!
Old 02-06-2017, 03:16 AM
<<< LA's finest football

Quite a difference in the SB performances at age 39 between Brady and Potatohead...

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...