Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2017, 04:46 AM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Me, I'm sick about that game.

I put it on coaching. Stupid decisions late in the game.

And on dumb-luck (that deflected pass that was not only not intercepted, but resulted in a miracle reception / first down??)

And (less, but still a little) on the zebras. Pat's down big-time? Okay, let's get them 3 first down by penalty in a row. And ignore wholesale calling by the offense.

Chargers 2007. Falcons 2017. AAAaaaaarrrrrrrrrghhhhh!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
This was the turning point in the game. Down 28-3, the refs took over and changed the momentum of the game.

Disgusting.
Alot of those holding calls were pretty legit though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:00 AM
<<< LA's finest football

Given my abundant fondness for NFL Owners in general, it breaks my heart to think that Arthur Blank was on the field only to get covered in Patriots confetti.

I'm trying really hard not to think about it...

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 02-06-2017, 06:14 AM
Hall of Famer

As stated elsewhere and as substantiated by conversations with NFL fans of various teams, already this AM...

1.The missed block by Freeman on Hightower was a McCree-level mental error. It wasn't even a physical error as no attempt at blocking was made.

2. The resulting strip sack has to be red flagged by Quinn. Yo. Brady. Tuck Rule. The arm was going forward ! Incomplete ! At the very least, it was close enough, and was obviously a decisive swing that it must be challenged.

3. Ryan's later failure to throw it and avoid the sack, was very, very poor situational football. A field goal and an 11 point lead would have been the ballgame. Don't even count Jake Matthews holding. It would have never happened with two clock eating running plays to set up the kick.
Adoree' Jackson CB/PR usc
Taywan Taylor WR/KR western kentucky
Jeremy McNichols RB/COP boise state
Grover Stewart 2G 3T/5T albany state
DNerius Antoine S/LB southern mississippi
Old 02-06-2017, 06:16 AM
Moderator of Delusions

The Falcons playbook went missing for 30 minutes..

imjustsayin'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 02-06-2017, 06:16 AM
Hall of Famer

We draft Gordon in the first, patriot draft White from same team in the 4 the year before.. White would have been great to pair with Gordon. Instead we get he full back. Two of the best patriot WR were pluck off of other teams. Welker and Edelman will be two of patriot best WR ever and they eere not drafted

It's clear to me you have to give Patricia a shot at coaching after watching this game. And you have to back him all the way and give him time to implement their system. That halftime adjustments patriot Defense made is why no one can beat them while Brady and belicheat ar in place. Everyone else is playing for second place. So you might as well give Patricia a shot for next 4 years.

Last edited by florida SD fan; 02-06-2017 at 06:58 AM..
Old 02-06-2017, 06:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Woodeye made a great point on Atlantans defense was gassed. Patriot have small fast high energy WR that take a lot out of the defense. It also helps that they play fast no huddle. We clearly need to work on stamina and no hurtle did work for Rivers a few years ago.

You have to be in great shape to finish deep into playoffs and go back to training camp a few months later 5 years in a row. Then never lose more than 4 games a season. We should have hired their spots and conditioning as sitar coaches.

Last edited by florida SD fan; 02-06-2017 at 06:48 AM..
Old 02-06-2017, 06:58 AM
Rookie

I refuse to watch the Patriots, but after hearing what happened last night, it seems like the Falcons suddenly became the Chargers 2.0 in the second half.

It's okay Atlanta, we experience devastating losses like this on a weekly basis. We feel your pain.
Fan since '88 - Fav of all time: #21
Live and die

Old 02-06-2017, 07:08 AM
Hall of Famer

Atlanta looked like the Chargers in the second half, playing prevent defense. I'll never understand the reason why professional coaches continue to coach prevent when they have a lead. The only thing it really prevents is winning.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:21 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightdogs View Post
Atlanta looked like the Chargers in the second half, playing prevent defense. I'll never understand the reason why professional coaches continue to coach prevent when they have a lead. The only thing it really prevents is winning.
The offense cost the Falcons that game (just like the 2016 Chargers), not the defense IMO. They were still hitting and sacking Brady in the 2nd half, they just ran out of gas after being on the field for a majority of the game, especially following the late-game brain farts by the offense (includes the players and coaching staff).

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:21 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

The one question that I have for Brady: How much did he sell his soul to the devil for?

Even though I still haven't watched OT or even highlights of it and give him credit for staying with it despite getting pounded for much of the game, if it were, oh say PR, throwing it downfield into triple coverage to his 6' slot receiver, how'd have that turned out???

Even when Eli had his miracle throw and catch almost a decade ago, it was a throw into one-on-one coverage.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.