Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2017, 07:24 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
As stated elsewhere and as substantiated by conversations with NFL fans of various teams, already this AM...

1.The missed block by Freeman on Hightower was a McCree-level mental error. It wasn't even a physical error as no attempt at blocking was made.

2. The resulting strip sack has to be red flagged by Quinn. Yo. Brady. Tuck Rule. The arm was going forward ! Incomplete ! At the very least, it was close enough, and was obviously a decisive swing that it must be challenged.

3. Ryan's later failure to throw it and avoid the sack, was very, very poor situational football. A field goal and an 11 point lead would have been the ballgame. Don't even count Jake Matthews holding. It would have never happened with two clock eating running plays to set up the kick.
2. Empty hand coming forward as he was passing it, no attempt to tuck. It was a clear fumble. Atlanta would have lost their final challenge and last time out a few minutes earlier than they did had they challenged it, just like Marty challenged (and lost) on the clear McCree fumble.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:29 AM
vagabond ninja

hate the pats all anyone wants but NO ONE can be delusional that Brady aint da man. I just found new respect for greatness.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:43 AM
vagabond ninja

and I was rooting for Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. But I found myself rooting for the pats late in the game as it was just simply greatness I was witnessing. you cant blame bad ref calling for the 3 straight holds...that's simply trying to lessen the GOAT's achievements. it's like trying to bring up deflategate when he performed even better after the balls were adjusted. He just blew Montana outa the water. And Bradshaw cant hold Brady's jockstrap. plus the holding calls resulted in net -7 for the pats.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:05 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
As stated elsewhere and as substantiated by conversations with NFL fans of various teams, already this AM...

1.The missed block by Freeman on Hightower was a McCree-level mental error. It wasn't even a physical error as no attempt at blocking was made.

2. The resulting strip sack has to be red flagged by Quinn. Yo. Brady. Tuck Rule. The arm was going forward ! Incomplete ! At the very least, it was close enough, and was obviously a decisive swing that it must be challenged.

3. Ryan's later failure to throw it and avoid the sack, was very, very poor situational football. A field goal and an 11 point lead would have been the ballgame. Don't even count Jake Matthews holding. It would have never happened with two clock eating running plays to set up the kick.
I'm sure all Charger fans noticed the Falcons blowing TO's early in the second half and being left with only 1 at the end when they needed it
Old 02-06-2017, 08:09 AM
Hall of Famer

All done without Gronk either
Old 02-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
2. Empty hand coming forward as he was passing it, no attempt to tuck. It was a clear fumble. Atlanta would have lost their final challenge and last time out a few minutes earlier than they did had they challenged it, just like Marty challenged (and lost) on the clear McCree fumble.
dont need to challenge it anyway. All turnovers are automatically reviewed.

-Mario Lopez
Old 02-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
The "Tuck Rule" comment was referring to the irony.
The current rules have been interpreted inconsistently by various officiating crews.
Did you like Freeman's block ?
Shanahan's playcalling ?
Not me.
Adoree' Jackson CB/PR usc
Taywan Taylor WR/KR western kentucky
Kareem Hunt RB toledo
Grover Stewart 2G 3T/DE albany state
DNerius Antoine S/LB southern mississippi
Old 02-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The "Tuck Rule" comment was referring to the irony.
The current rules have been interpreted inconsistently by various officiating crews.
Did you like Freeman's block ?
Shanahan's playcalling ?
Not me.
49ers should switch gears and go for Patricia.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
dont need to challenge it anyway. All turnovers are automatically reviewed.
Yeah Joe Buck/Troy Aikman/Mike Pereira broke it all down for us.

And NE waited, so the officials could get the call right.

My independent opinion is that it was very close-time for the super slow-mo cam.
An Eagles fan, a Raiders fan (with tuck rule play on his mind), and a 49ers fan each volunteered the same thought.

I want Quinn to at least be screaming at the officials there.

C'mon butts, what's your call ?
Adoree' Jackson CB/PR usc
Taywan Taylor WR/KR western kentucky
Kareem Hunt RB toledo
Grover Stewart 2G 3T/DE albany state
DNerius Antoine S/LB southern mississippi
Old 02-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
All done without Gronk either
Gets his ring anyway. I'm sure he won't be bothered by that.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!