Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 03-11-2017, 07:27 PM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 27,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
There are those that are certain Tuerk is so talented that he will push Slauson out to a OG position.....
I see it more as an opportunity for Slauson to return to his natural position at OG if Tuerk turns out to be the player most pro evaluators have thought him to be.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 03-11-2017, 07:42 PM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 11,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
I see it more as an opportunity for Slauson to return to his natural position at OG if Tuerk turns out to be the player most pro evaluators have thought him to be.

When are you all going to understand, Slauson was average, he just looked great because everyone else was horrible.

His natural position....I love that one also. Is that the position he was playing when he was released....and we know all the teams release their best players so they can keep terrible ones.

You guys can put all the lipstick you want on this o-line group, they are still just bad. The solution is in drafting....and TT has failed so far with his o-line picks.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.

GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 03-11-2017, 10:14 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
Learn to THINK
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 18,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
There are those that are certain Tuerk is so talented that he will push Slauson out to a OG position.....
Name one.

I'm pretty certain you refer to me -- but please, go ahead and say it.
__________________
Costa Mesa Liaison
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 03-11-2017, 10:18 PM
LongTimeOCBolts's Avatar
LongTimeOCBolts LongTimeOCBolts is offline
Learn to THINK
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lots of different places
Posts: 18,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
When are you all going to understand, Slauson was average, he just looked great because everyone else was horrible.

His natural position....I love that one also. Is that the position he was playing when he was released....and we know all the teams release their best players so they can keep terrible ones.

You guys can put all the lipstick you want on this o-line group, they are still just bad. The solution is in drafting....and TT has failed so far with his o-line picks.
And when are YOU going to understand that if an O-Lineman looks great, while surrounded by horrible line-mates (your own characterization of them), that that weighs in his favor - not against him. In other words, if he looked "great" while surrounded by scrubs, that would make him super-duper great. Not less-than-great-only-average.


You really ought to quit digging.
__________________
Costa Mesa Liaison
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 03-12-2017, 12:26 AM
SuperBowlBolts's Avatar
SuperBowlBolts SuperBowlBolts is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Posts: 13,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
When are you all going to understand, Slauson was average, he just looked great because everyone else was horrible.

His natural position....I love that one also. Is that the position he was playing when he was released....and we know all the teams release their best players so they can keep terrible ones.

You guys can put all the lipstick you want on this o-line group, they are still just bad. The solution is in drafting....and TT has failed so far with his o-line picks.
The Slauson cut took many people by surprise. It happened AFTER the draft. Look at articles about him being cut, many seemed to be surprised he got cut. Slauson is not ever gonna be the greatest out there. But the fact that he looked good/average with some terrible play next to him says a lot. Imagine if the guys around him can play better, it'll help him out as well. Point is, Slauson is the least of our worries on our team and is far from a miss or liability.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:04 AM
Chargerfreak's Avatar
Chargerfreak Chargerfreak is offline
Power of 51
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Intersection of Vodka and Tonic
Posts: 27,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
When are you all going to understand, Slauson was average, he just looked great because everyone else was horrible.

His natural position....I love that one also. Is that the position he was playing when he was released....and we know all the teams release their best players so they can keep terrible ones.

You guys can put all the lipstick you want on this o-line group, they are still just bad. The solution is in drafting....and TT has failed so far with his o-line picks.
One of your worst posts ever. Wow.
__________________
The Empire Strikes Back


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:22 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 11,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
The Slauson cut took many people by surprise. It happened AFTER the draft. Look at articles about him being cut, many seemed to be surprised he got cut. Slauson is not ever gonna be the greatest out there. But the fact that he looked good/average with some terrible play next to him says a lot. Imagine if the guys around him can play better, it'll help him out as well. Point is, Slauson is the least of our worries on our team and is far from a miss or liability.
I agree, Chicago releasing Slauson was a surprise, and considered a mistake by many. That said, Slauson is still just an average OC when compared to the other OC's in the league. Was he the best OL player in their group, pretty much. Would they like to see the other positions rise up to his level of play, certainly....and that would get them an average OL group, which would be a significant improvement.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.

GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:24 AM
frozendisc's Avatar
frozendisc frozendisc is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cotes-des-neiges, Montreal
Posts: 11,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
And when are YOU going to understand that if an O-Lineman looks great, while surrounded by horrible line-mates (your own characterization of them), that that weighs in his favor - not against him. In other words, if he looked "great" while surrounded by scrubs, that would make him super-duper great. Not less-than-great-only-average.


You really ought to quit digging.
Slauson looked great, but wasn't.......looks are deceiving at times.
__________________
1909...the year excellence started.

GO BOLTS !
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 03-12-2017, 08:55 AM
HeadTrip's Avatar
HeadTrip HeadTrip is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Auburn
Posts: 17,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Slauson looked great, but wasn't.......looks are deceiving at times.
Shhhh......
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 03-12-2017, 11:16 AM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 27,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Slauson looked great, but wasn't.......looks are deceiving at times.
In which way? Looking great in comparison also indicates he was playing with little help and in fact probably would have looked much better with Pro Bowl level OGs on either side.
OL is always a group product. Stars get a chance to shine when their teammates are doing their jobs competently.
Not to say Slauson is a great player but there is no reason to doubt his ability to start at OG or C and be an asset.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:14 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.