Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2017, 03:43 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
When you scrutinized the Ramczyk video, what did you see ?
I saw a great initial punch when the ball is snapped. He's agile, especially for a big guy. To me, he looks to have the strength and agility needed to be starting LT for years. He's really strong looking - lot's of muscle - at 6'6'' he weighs 310 - not overweight like Fluker is.

If I was TT, I'd take him at #7 and laugh at all those who think he shouldn't be drafted that early when he was still my starting LOT about ten years from now,

He has to start building the OL at some time and he has the chance this year to take the highest rated OT (Whether you prefer Ramczyk or Robinson). Wait until next year and you may be back to where we were when they took Fluker, ranked #8 among the OT's.

Just my opinion and I admit that it may not be as worthwhile as yours ... but it's what I feel would be best in the long run.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
When you scrutinized the Ramczyk video, what did you see ?
After 15 seconds of tape, he was distracted by a squirrel. He'll back to you later with a very detailed account of all Ramczyk's weaknesses... that you can then paste into Google... and get an exact replica of the article he stole it from... LOL!
Old 03-13-2017, 04:15 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Have you watched video on the offensive line prospects ?
You mean the highlight videos? No, but don't get me wrong I'm on board the oline train in the 1st round. TT just needs to do his homework and do better than he did when he picked Fluker.

Quote:
Despite Ramczyk's strong technical game, he is only an average athlete with some movement limitations. This could lead him to struggle against speedy pass rushers with extraordinary first-step quickness and burst. Although Ramczyk rarely lost on the edge during his one season at Wisconsin (having transferred from D-III Wisconsin-Stevens Point), he could have a tough time adjusting to the speed and explosiveness of the NFL's premier pass rushers.
Quote:
Bolles' exceptional athleticism makes him the ideal franchise tackle in most systems, but teams looking for a "people mover" might be a little disappointed in his power game. The Utah standout is a "position" blocker adept at battling defenders at the line instead of creating a push at the point of attack. Although his blocking style is perfect for a zone-based system, Bolles' inability to create a significant push could signal strength concerns for teams intent on playing smashmouth football.
Quote:
Robinson lacks the athleticism, movement skills and body control to play left tackle as a pro. He struggles against speed rushers off the edge due to his slow feet and unrefined kick-slide technique. Robinson's inability to deal with speed makes it hard to envision him playing on the quarterback's blind side in an offense that emphasizes the passing game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
I saw a great initial punch when the ball is snapped. He's agile, especially for a big guy. To me, he looks to have the strength and agility needed to be starting LT for years. He's really strong looking - lot's of muscle - at 6'6'' he weighs 310 - not overweight like Fluker is.

If I was TT, I'd take him at #7 and laugh at all those who think he shouldn't be drafted that early when he was still my starting LOT about ten years from now,

He has to start building the OL at some time and he has the chance this year to take the highest rated OT (Whether you prefer Ramczyk or Robinson). Wait until next year and you may be back to where we were when they took Fluker, ranked #8 among the OT's.

Just my opinion and I admit that it may not be as worthwhile as yours ... but it's what I feel would be best in the long run.
The Pats seem to do very well with those late 1st early 2nd round OTs, 4th rd C/OGs. I suspect better scouts & coaches can take some of the credit.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
You mean the highlight videos? No, but don't get me wrong I'm on board the oline train in the 1st round. TT just needs to do his homework and do better than he did when he picked Fluker.
What is being said there is that Cam is "power", Bolles is "Zone", and Ramczyk is "Hybrid".

TBH I have seen Ramczyk beaten by inside moves-Malik McDowell comes to mind.

He is otherwise a plus in pass pro and will not be a liability in the run game.

I have seen coaches videos.

There is a lot of bad info out there.

Rare is the substantive talk on the medicals.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 03-13-2017, 04:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
No, he means the "teaching/analysis" tapes I posted a couple of pages ago. The one's done by an independent OL coach.

You won't find a whole lot of "highlight videos" of OL players.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:40 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
What is being said there is that Cam is "power", Bolles is "Zone", and Ramczyk is "Hybrid".

So is your mock OL at 7 now?

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:44 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
No, he means the "teaching/analysis" tapes I posted a couple of pages ago. The one's done by an independent OL coach.

You won't find a whole lot of "highlight videos" of OL players.
Post whole game films. Mucho mejor.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

What matters is what the Chargers want to do on OL, how they (Lynn & his staff) expect their OL to work as a group, who can best compliment each others skills to produce.

Personally I don't expect an OL draft pick in the 1st but if they go that way, I sure wish them luck. They'll be passing up better players.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
So is your mock OL at 7 now?
v7.2 .............

Yes.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale