Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2017, 07:22 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Not everybody - I'd be pleased if they took Cam or Ryan at #7. The OL picks make your team better for several years and that's seldom true of the "flashy" players.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:28 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
Not everybody - I'd be pleased if they took Cam or Ryan at #7. The OL picks make your team better for several years and that's seldom true of the "flashy" players.
Then trade down and get another pick. IMO its the only way it makes sense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Everyone is saying the same thing... Cam at #7 is a wasted reach of a pick. Sorry...

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/2...obinson-021117 There’s no doubt Cam Robinson is the best offensive lineman in the 2017 NFL Draft. ... Offensive lineman Cam Robinson showed this season he can handle the left tackle position at the next level.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...son?id=2558004 Can work seamlessly from block to block in combos. Works and climbs to second level with controlled, stalking footwork. Has initial quickness to pull and land on defenders in space.... Has feet necessary to mirror edge speed and flatten them over rush arc.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...7/cam-robinson
Given his massive frame, Robinson is surprisingly quick off the ball, showing good lateral agility and balance to mirror pass rushers. He can fire off the ball in the running game, showing the initial burst to pull and climb to the second level, where he is an intimidating presence that most defenders look to avoid at all costs.

And the last one is my favorite...

While powerful and statistically impressive in pass protection...

If there is inconsistency... it's in the "experts" analysis of him...
At the end of the 2015 season, CBS exclaimed him a sure Top-10 pick. Now, he's their #35 prospect. Cam must have had a bad year in 2016... Nope, he lost 15 pounds in the off-season, became better in pass protection and remained a mauler in the run game... So what happened...?

Quote:
The district attorney's office has decided not to prosecute Alabama offensive lineman Cam Robinson and reserve defensive back Laurence "Hootie" Jones on drug and weapons charges...
If you're afraid that Cam is a thug.... then just say it. But don't tell me he's not the best OL prospect in the draft. The tape is there. Multiple examples of young men making mistakes... and not repeating those mistakes... is also there.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:30 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
You mean like DeForest Buckner...? Last year's #7. 49ers bolted all the way from 5-11 to 2-14.

Maybe Jalen Ramsey! 5-11 to 3-13.
Joey Bosa.... 4-12 to 5-11.

Uuuuuuuh, maybe we need to get a little flashier....
How about the 1st WR taken....? That should do it!
Corey Coleman... 3-13 to 1-15.

Yeah, but Ezekiel Elliot took the Cowboys from 4-12 to 13-3. They also had the best OL in the NFL last year. They also had Matt Cassell, Kelen Moore, and Brandon Wheedon as their QB's in 2015...
There are so many flaws in this argument...

Old 03-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Given his massive frame, Robinson is surprisingly quick off the ball, showing good lateral agility and balance to mirror pass rushers. He can fire off the ball in the running game, showing the initial burst to pull and climb to the second level, where he is an intimidating presence that most defenders look to avoid at all costs.

And the last one is my favorite...

While powerful and statistically impressive in pass protection...

If there is inconsistency... it's in the "experts" analysis of him...
At the end of the 2015 season, CBS exclaimed him a sure Top-10 pick. Now, he's their #35 prospect. Cam must have had a bad year in 2016... Nope, he lost 15 pounds in the off-season, became better in pass protection and remained a mauler in the run game... So what happened...?

If you're afraid that Cam is a thug.... then just say it. But don't tell me he's not the best OL prospect in the draft. The tape is there. Multiple examples of young men making mistakes... and not repeating those mistakes... is also there.
You post the Strengths while I post the weaknesses. They both are relevant to the argument. Cam may or may not be a "Thug", I'm not calling him anything... The increased potential for trouble is there. Is he worth our #7 pick? I'm not buying it...

Old 03-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
There are so many flaws in this argument...
The point was this... OT's make more immediate impact than any other position. The 4 OT's selected in the 2016 draft helped improve their teams records collectively by 15 games...

Moe wanted immediate results... so do I...
Old 03-13-2017, 07:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
You post the Strengths while I post the weaknesses. They both are relevant to the argument. Cam may or may not be a "Thug", I'm not calling him anything... The increased potential for trouble is there. Is he worth our #7 pick? I'm not buying it...
Exactly! Notice the first statement... Cam is by far the best OT in the draft...

So even with all of his weaknesses, he's still the best OT in the draft.... then they proceed to rank him lower than Ramczyk and Bolles.

Do you not see the dis-connect...?
Old 03-13-2017, 07:39 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
The point was this... OT's make more immediate impact than any other position. The 4 OT's selected in the 2016 draft helped improve their teams records collectively by 15 games...

Moe wanted immediate results... so do I...
Eric Fisher

Luke Joekel

Greg Robinson

Lane Johnson

Johnathan Cooper

Oh... and DJ Fluker

The list goes on...

Old 03-13-2017, 07:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Then who is your 1st round cluster...?

Check out the Patriots... 10 of their last 16 first round draft picks have been OL or DL...
Old 03-13-2017, 07:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Eric Fisher

Luke Joekel

Greg Robinson

Lane Johnson

Johnathan Cooper

Oh... and DJ Fluker

The list goes on...
And never, ever, ever, did I believe that any of those OL were top-10. Shall I list all of the first round OL are now pieces of dominant OL's...? Can I start with the Cowboys OL...?