Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2017, 07:48 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltnut View Post
Then who is your 1st round cluster...?

Check out the Patriots... 10 of their last 16 first round draft picks have been OL or DL...
Jamal Adams
Malik Hooker
Mike Williams
Corey Davis
Garrett Bolles
Ryan Ramczyk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:49 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
And never, ever, ever, did I believe that any of those OL were top-10. Shall I list all of the first round OL are now pieces of dominant OL's...? Can I start with the Cowboys OL...?
That's too easy... I'd be disappointed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:54 PM
May Day May Day

Well wonder if they need to look at an O.L. in the draft.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Jamal Adams
Malik Hooker
Mike Williams
Corey Davis
Garrett Bolles
Ryan Ramczyk
Jamal Adams doesn't even fit Gusley's scheme. Not a centerfield FS. Watch his junior tape, where he plays more off coverage. Was such a weakness, that they moved him closer to the LOS in his senior year. If you want a SS at #7, then you're being ridiculous. I can find SS in the later rounds that fit Gusley's SS role better than Adams. Wasted #7 pick.

Malik Hooker fits Gusley's centerfielder FS role. But safeties just don't impact the game the way QB's, edge-rushers, and OT's. History is against you on this one. Should I mention that he had surguries after only one year of starting...? At least you're in the ballpark on this one...

Mike Williams is no Dez Bryant, or Megatron, or Julio Jones... Williams didn't run the 40 at the combine because he was afraid he would run slower than 4.6... freaking weak sauce!

Corey Davis = Corey Coleman. We already have speed on the edge (Benjamin). Problem is we don't have an OL that can block long enough for anyone to get deep... Another wasted #7 pick!

Bolles and Ramczyk. You'd pick these guys, but not "the best OT in the draft"...? (according to one of your own articles). If we want to be a running team, pick the guy with power in his run blocking... so tired of passing the ball on 1st and goal from the 5 yard line. So tired of not converting on 3rd and 2 late in the game.

1. Cam Robinson OT
2. Adoree' Jackson CB
3. Marcus Maye FS
4. Carroll Phillips SAM
5. Jamaal Williams RB
6. Tedric Thompson SS
7. Robert Davis WR
Old 03-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
That's too easy... I'd be disappointed.
How about last year's 1st round OT class...?

I tell ya, it's easy any way you want to do this.

How about playoff teams...? Super Bowl contestants...? Pick your poison...

1. Cam Robinson OT
2. Adoree' Jackson CB
3. Marcus Maye FS
4. Carroll Phillips SAM
5. Jamaal Williams RB
6. Tedric Thompson SS
7. Robert Davis WR
Old 03-13-2017, 08:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Jamal Adams doesn't even fit Gusley's scheme. Not a centerfield FS. Watch his junior tape, where he plays more off coverage. Was such a weakness, that they moved him closer to the LOS in his senior year. If you want a SS at #7, then you're being ridiculous. I can find SS in the later rounds that fit Gusley's SS role better than Adams. Wasted #7 pick.

Malik Hooker fits Gusley's centerfielder FS role. But safeties just don't impact the game the way QB's, edge-rushers, and OT's. History is against you on this one. Should I mention that he had surguries after only one year of starting...? At least you're in the ballpark on this one...

Mike Williams is no Dez Bryant, or Megatron, or Julio Jones... Williams didn't run the 40 at the combine because he was afraid he would run slower than 4.6... freaking weak sauce!

Corey Davis = Corey Coleman. We already have speed on the edge (Benjamin). Problem is we don't have an OL that can block long enough for anyone to get deep... Another wasted #7 pick!

Bolles and Ramczyk. You'd pick these guys, but not "the best OT in the draft"...? (according to one of your own articles). If we want to be a running team, pick the guy with power in his run blocking... so tired of passing the ball on 1st and goal from the 5 yard line. So tired of not converting on 3rd and 2 late in the game.
Where'd you see Williams Say this?

Also, The success rate of Safeties taken in the top 10 is drastically higher than that of OTs.

Round 1 Pick 7: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
Round 2 Pick 6: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA
Round 3 Pick 7: Desmond King, FS/CB, Iowa
Round 4 Pick 6: Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Round 5 Pick 7: Erik Magnuson, OT, Michigan
Round 6 Pick 6: Dylan Cole, OLB, Missouri State
Round 7 Pick 7: Ahmad Thomas, FS, Oklahoma
Old 03-13-2017, 08:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
There was a quote (that didn't copy) that went along with his Fluker = Cam comment. In the quote it read, "Cam was often helped by RB and TE."(actually high-lighted). If he bothered watching any of the clips I posted, he would have seen Cam against Myles Garrett and Derek Barnett one-on-one almost the whole game...

The writer that wrote that article has probably spent as much time as Frozen did watching any Cam tape...
Why watch tape on a player going late in the 1st round when you pick 7th in the 1st round. You can believe in Cam all you want, but be respectful of those that don't, as they are in the majority.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-13-2017, 09:34 PM
LAme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post

Also, The success rate of Safeties taken in the top 10 is drastically higher than that of OTs.
Maybe, but there haven't been many Safeties selected top 10. I think the last one was Eric Berry. Before that a few busts, and before that Sean Taylor.

Not that I'm arguing with your general comments though.

1. Malik Hooker, FS
2. Dan Feeney, OG
3. Chidobe Awuzie, CB
4. Eddie Vanderdoes, DT
5. Derek Rivers, Edge
6. Aviante Collins, OT
7. Keon Hatcher, WR
Old 03-13-2017, 09:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/cl...un-40-combine/

How many safeties have you seen picked in the top-10...?

1. Cam Robinson OT
2. Adoree' Jackson CB
3. Marcus Maye FS
4. Carroll Phillips SAM
5. Jamaal Williams RB
6. Tedric Thompson SS
7. Robert Davis WR
Old 03-14-2017, 05:28 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I have Jamal Adams at top 5 and an excellent fit for Gus.

I have Corey Davis at top 10 and Mike Williams at top 15.

Dane Brugler as of yesterday has Ramczyk at 9 and Cam Robinson at 53

Mike Williams WR clemson
Tyus Bowser SAM houston
Isaac Asiata ORG utah
Eddie Vanderdoes DL ucla
Wayne Gallman RB clemson
Brendan Langley CB lamar TX
David Jones S richmond