Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2017, 09:25 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Lynn's attitude towards injuries aligns with Bill Parcells - on whose staff Lynn served in Dallas.

Whether it was the Giants, Patriots ("Terry Glenn? She's all right."), the Jets or the Cowboys, Parcells ALWAYS made the differentiation between playing hurt and playing injured. This is from an article during Parcells' (and Lynn's) time in Dallas:

Lynn's statements are right out of the Parcells playbook.
That's one of the differentiations that I live by. "Play injured? You're stupid." "Don't play hurt? You're a ."

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.” Thomas Sowell
Old 02-26-2017, 09:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei View Post
i liked what i just read. you may be great on the field but you aint squat if you aint on it. makes you wonder about the likes of keenan allen and jason verrett.
Lynn will most likely try to encourage them. He has to say to them "We need you guys" or something like that.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:52 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Lynn's attitude towards injuries aligns with Bill Parcells - on whose staff Lynn served in Dallas.

Whether it was the Giants, Patriots ("Terry Glenn? She's all right."), the Jets or the Cowboys, Parcells ALWAYS made the differentiation between playing hurt and playing injured. This is from an article during Parcells' (and Lynn's) time in Dallas:

Quote:
The message was meant for the young players on whom Parcells will be counting not only in 2005 but hopefully beyond: if you're serious about making this team, if you're serious about a career in the NFL, you better understand that you have to be mentally tough. Mental toughness includes playing hurt. If you're seriously injured, that's one thing. But if you're nicked up a little, you better learn to deal with it.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/20...ering-messages

Parcells.
A lot of the CMB wanted Bill to get the Chargers GM position at one time. Getting a HC that reads from the Parcells playbook could be interesting.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:03 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
i liked what i just read. you may be great on the field but you aint squat if you aint on it. makes you wonder about the likes of keenan allen and jason verrett.
When you tear an ACL that needs surgical repair, tear your labrum that needs surgical repair, or lacerate your kidney that needs a minimum of 6 months of non-contact, you are injured.

When it's something less than that, you've got to play. I'm confident that Lynn will reinforce that differentiation with the two young stars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:12 PM
vagabond ninja

Quote:
When you tear an ACL that needs surgical repair, tear your labrum that needs surgical repair, or lacerate your kidney that needs a minimum of 6 months of non-contact, you are injured.

When it's something less than that, you've got to play. I'm confident that Lynn will reinforce that differentiation with the two young stars.
what I mean is guys who seem to be injured often. is Lynn speaking about them or only about the guys who are hurt who dont play?
Old 02-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
what I mean is guys who seem to be injured often. is Lynn speaking about them or only about the guys who are hurt who dont play?
I believe that he's talking about mental toughness, so IMO Allen and Varrett aren't in that conversation.

But of course, if it continues then the answer reveals itself. For Chargers fans' sake, I truly hope that neither of them continue to have injuries that keep them out for protracted periods of time, but there is a possibility that it may go the other direction, but even if it doesn't I'm confident that it won't be due to mental softness.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:11 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Both Allen and Verrett had major injuries while playing hard.

Absolutely no tanking there.
Adoree' Jackson CB/KR usc
Taywan Taylor WR western kentucky
Jeremy McNichols RB boise state
Josh Harvey-Clemons S/LB louisville
Grover Stewart DT albany state
Old 02-27-2017, 03:12 AM
Power of 51

The Iron Fist of Lynn is melting the glass factory one tube at a time.

How many years have I told you about this ? One of, if not the number one, things that have to change. Culture change has arrived. Message: Mailing it in to get a paycheck is the fastest way to get shipped out.

All he needs to do next is make one or two examples out of players. The rest will shape up like real fast. The players know who is dogging it. Cut one, and snap ! Message is clear.

Emp. F

Old 02-27-2017, 04:28 AM
<<< EPIC Mug Shot

Quote:

Time for the Power Blue Wrecking Crew to be born !

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 02-27-2017, 10:09 AM
more mojo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
The Iron Fist of Lynn is melting the glass factory one tube at a time.

How many years have I told you about this ? One of, if not the number one, things that have to change. Culture change has arrived. Message: Mailing it in to get a paycheck is the fastest way to get shipped out.

All he needs to do next is make one or two examples out of players. The rest will shape up like real fast. The players know who is dogging it. Cut one, and snap ! Message is clear.

Emp. F

I've never played organized football
but I believe this to be true

know the locker room and you'll be able to identify
the right guy to make an example of

players have been around coaches their whole lives
they know a "no non-sense" coach when they have one

really hope Lynn is the real thing.

007. Malik Hooker, FS Ohio St.
038. Antonio Garcia, OT Troy
071. Juju Smith-Schuster, WR USC
113. Adam Bisnowaty, OT Pittsburgh
151. Demontae Kazee, CB SDSU
190. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT USC

225. Jalen Reeves-Maybin, OLB Tennessee

San Diego Original