Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2017, 10:40 AM
Experienced

I believe its a league wide issue when I see rookies playing below their standard because they are new in year one, then year two they play better but soft and then when they hit year three and four (contract years) they come out blazing.
I understand getting to that next contract is huge, especially in a league with the average lifespan is short is important, but I also believe that playing soft causes more injuries (except concussions) than anything.
But I also believe that the NFL has hit a critical level of power, speed and strength... possibly past the ability of the human anatomy.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:06 PM
波動拳 Hadōken

Quote:
Originally Posted by krich1 View Post
I agree 100%
So does Wolverine. Healing and being available vs Cyclops and his funky shades any day.
3 Josh Malone WR
4 John Johnson FS
5 Aaron Jones RB
6 Josh Harvey-Clemons SS
7 Andreas Knappe OT
Old 02-27-2017, 01:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
The Iron Fist of Lynn is melting the glass factory one tube at a time.

How many years have I told you about this ? One of, if not the number one, things that have to change. Culture change has arrived. Message: Mailing it in to get a paycheck is the fastest way to get shipped out.

All he needs to do next is make one or two examples out of players. The rest will shape up like real fast. The players know who is dogging it. Cut one, and snap ! Message is clear.

Emp. F
Word. And it starts in training camp. If, for example, Barksdale can't cut the mustard vs. edge rushers better than last season, bench him. Next guy up. If the next dude can't perform, bench him. Keep benching the deadbeats until you find some rookie UDFA or some FA hungry enough to show some real passion, some real desire, some real toughness to get 'er done!
(Trade down to #12, pick up extra 2nd rounder)
1. Williams WR Clemson
2a. Baker S Washington
2b. Feeney OG, Indiana
3. Basham DE Ohio
4. Bisnowaty, OT Pittsburgh
5. Anzalone LB, Florida
6. King CB Washington
7. Heck OT North Carolina

If we can't trade down:
1. Williams WR Clemson
2. Feeney OG Indiana
3. Basham DE Ohio
4. Jones S North Carolina State
5. Davenport OT Bucknell
6. Donahue LB West Georgia
7. Elder CB Miami
Old 02-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbirdsd View Post
I believe its a league wide issue when I see rookies playing below their standard because they are new in year one, then year two they play better but soft and then when they hit year three and four (contract years) they come out blazing.
I understand getting to that next contract is huge, especially in a league with the average lifespan is short is important, but I also believe that playing soft causes more injuries (except concussions) than anything.
But I also believe that the NFL has hit a critical level of power, speed and strength... possibly past the ability of the human anatomy.
It wasn't an issue for Joey Bosa...
(Trade down to #12, pick up extra 2nd rounder)
1. Williams WR Clemson
2a. Baker S Washington
2b. Feeney OG, Indiana
3. Basham DE Ohio
4. Bisnowaty, OT Pittsburgh
5. Anzalone LB, Florida
6. King CB Washington
7. Heck OT North Carolina

If we can't trade down:
1. Williams WR Clemson
2. Feeney OG Indiana
3. Basham DE Ohio
4. Jones S North Carolina State
5. Davenport OT Bucknell
6. Donahue LB West Georgia
7. Elder CB Miami
Old 02-27-2017, 06:07 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
What is your point? Its the learning curve of the NFL and the ability to adjust to the speed of the game. Not to mention learning an NFL style offense or defense...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
The Iron Fist of Lynn is melting the glass factory one tube at a time.

How many years have I told you about this ? One of, if not the number one, things that have to change. Culture change has arrived. Message: Mailing it in to get a paycheck is the fastest way to get shipped out.

All he needs to do next is make one or two examples out of players. The rest will shape up like real fast. The players know who is dogging it. Cut one, and snap ! Message is clear.

Emp. F
Line of the day.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:29 AM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat4477 View Post
It wasn't an issue for Joey Bosa...
He may be a robot....
Old 02-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
What is your point? Its the learning curve of the NFL and the ability to adjust to the speed of the game. Not to mention learning an NFL style offense or defense...
I was insinuating some players play harder during their contract year, pacing themselves early trying to not get hurt. But I get that I didn't make much sense, my mind was thinking faster than I can write.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I was insinuating some players play harder during their contract year, pacing themselves early trying to not get hurt. But I get that I didn't make much sense, my mind was thinking faster than I can write.
I would never deny that such players exist, but I do believe they are far more rare than most think. From what I have seen in Ice Hockey, most players are what they are, and money changes very little of how they go about their efforts. Even players invited to camp believe in their process, and fight change to a degree. That is one of the more difficult messages to get across, 'you (player) are being evaluated every single second in everything you do', yet they get comfortable and effort diminishes.

GO BOLTS !
Old 02-28-2017, 09:50 AM
Rookie

What a breath of fresh air Lynn is turning out to be.