Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:49 AM
21and500's Avatar
21and500 21and500 is online now
more mojo please
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: san diego
Posts: 6,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofaassttt View Post
Disagree with the above. Will never forget the following:

I attended a private practice with about 10 season ticket holders. As LT was coming in from practice two 9 / 10 year old kids went over to LT to say hi. LT did not acknowledge them; did not look at them; completely ignored them and keep walking. Completely changed my view of LT.
that's horrible.

maybe those snotty kids with assumed privilege (because their daddy bought them season tickets) shouldn't run up to someone immediately after putting in a serious and perhaps intense workout.
where was mom or dad?
not there to teach manners?
id keep walking too.

nevermind, pro athletes should be responsible for dancing when told to or else they're jerks.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-28-2017, 10:01 AM
chazdawg35's Avatar
chazdawg35 chazdawg35 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The AV
Posts: 245
Default

LT is a Great player! I guess he'll have to get his Jet's tattoo removed.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-28-2017, 10:02 AM
pacstud's Avatar
pacstud pacstud is offline
Moderator of the Trenches
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 19,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
that's horrible.

maybe those snotty kids with assumed privilege (because their daddy bought them season tickets) shouldn't run up to someone immediately after putting in a serious and perhaps intense workout.
where was mom or dad?
not there to teach manners?
id keep walking too.

nevermind, pro athletes should be responsible for dancing when told to or else they're jerks.
Yes, that's a calm assessment.
__________________
I love these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-28-2017, 10:37 AM
21and500's Avatar
21and500 21and500 is online now
more mojo please
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: san diego
Posts: 6,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
Yes, that's a calm assessment.
maybe not as calm as slandering a HOF because he walked passed a few kids.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-28-2017, 11:07 AM
pacstud's Avatar
pacstud pacstud is offline
Moderator of the Trenches
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Escondido
Posts: 19,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDC-SBV-1D View Post
maybe not as calm as slandering a HOF because he walked passed a few kids.
He said he didn't like LT because of that. That's not slander.

I don't like Chris Sabo for the same reason, is that slander?

I don't know if you were around for the LT/Jets exodus saga, but this is child's play.

LT is a great guy....
__________________
I love these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-28-2017, 11:21 AM
sonorajim's Avatar
sonorajim sonorajim is online now
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sonora
Posts: 27,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofaassttt View Post
Disagree with the above. Will never forget the following:

I attended a private practice with about 10 season ticket holders. As LT was coming in from practice two 9 / 10 year old kids went over to LT to say hi. LT did not acknowledge them; did not look at them; completely ignored them and keep walking. Completely changed my view of LT.
I only met him once and he was very gracious to my kid and those around him. I guess it wasn't 100% if you say so but that was my experience.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-28-2017, 11:25 AM
Totally Bolted's Avatar
Totally Bolted Totally Bolted is online now
Moderator of Delusions
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Some where north of San Diego
Posts: 18,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I'm thinking that LT will wind up in the PR department. He'd make a good spokesman for the team, being a former player and HOFer.

Seems LA has a thing for celebrities. He can make the talk show circuit, do public appearances and the like.
Who da Rams Got?
Its LA. you need Celebs. PR isn't the type to hype
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-28-2017, 11:27 AM
The Moekid's Avatar
The Moekid The Moekid is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 32,301
Default

They are paying him so we won't go Eric Dickerson on em up here in LA.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-28-2017, 11:29 AM
Chargeroo's Avatar
Chargeroo Chargeroo is offline
First member of the board
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Salem
Posts: 28,824
Default

We have all seen the stories and pictures in the paper of LT visiting sick children in the hospital. I can't buy into the idea that he's a bad guy over a few incidents like mentioned above.

Maybe this move is part of the new regime's plan - hire ex players and then when the injury bug hits, ask them to step out on the field for a few games.

Joking aside, I like LT and I sure respect him as a great player but I wouldn't put him in the position to speak for the team. He's been known to be very blunt and outspoken on occasion.
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-28-2017, 11:35 AM
21and500's Avatar
21and500 21and500 is online now
more mojo please
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: san diego
Posts: 6,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
He said he didn't like LT because of that. That's not slander.

I don't like Chris Sabo for the same reason, is that slander?

I don't know if you were around for the LT/Jets exodus saga, but this is child's play.

LT is a great guy....
he told his side of a story
I offered my perspective

you sarcastically accused me of reacting "calmly"
I sarcastically compared the calmness of my response to his original post

so yes congrats, it's not slander, I completely mis-used a word
meanwhile you missed the point of the exchange entirely or chose to ignore it in an effort to comment on my reaction.

either way, I'm tired, I concede, LT ignored two kids
it's a great time to slam a charger HOFer on the CMB now that hes the enemy.
go SD!

cmb getting grouchy since the LA move
myself included

have a great one
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.