Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Friar Talk > Friars General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Baller

Nice get. Here's what I got during the signings from last weekend:

I got to the event a little late, but was able to get Steve Garvey, Dave Dravecky, Terry Kennedy, Norm Sherry, Dick Dent, and Harry Dunlop. What a crazy weekend! I will add more signatures when I get the opportunities. =-D
Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 PM
freedom

Just got this info from the military if you can get on base do not know how to verify but here it goes and hope that someone knows how to check up on it.

San Diego Padres Meet & Greet
Friday, June 5 from 11:30 am-12:30 pm stop by the MWR Ticket Office at Naval Air Station North Island Navy Exchange Mall to meet your favorite Padres players. This is a great opportunity for autographs and photos.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:06 AM
Rackmaster Flex

D and I headed out to the SDSU game in Irvine today in the off chance we might be able to land Strasburg one more time before he gets drafted. The game was great with Meredith hitting two HRs, Lavigne throwing a stellar game and the Aztecs winning 4-1 to continue on in the tourney. They quickly cleared everyone out from the stadium after the game ended to make preparations for the 8pm game, and we headed out to the outfield gate to see if we could catch Stras as the team left the field. There were quite a bit of people there, and Stras did come out with the rest of the team, signing sporadically along the way as he departed. D and I were lucky to get him on the last stop before his dad and a Boras henchman whisked him away for good. I got him on an official Rawlings NCAA ball with the 2009 CWS logo on it, which they were selling inside the park. I'll post photos tomorrow as the sunlight is better to photograph in, but all in all it was a great experience! Tomorrow is a bit tricky as my understanding is that the Aztecs will play the 4pm game, but will also play the 8pm game if they win the earlier one. So, it's a bit of a risk for anyone coming up from SD. But, good luck to anyone who makes it out tomorrow. At least you'll get to see some good collegiate baseball!
Old 05-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Rackmaster Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumud View Post
D and I headed out to the SDSU game in Irvine today in the off chance we might be able to land Strasburg one more time before he gets drafted. The game was great with Meredith hitting two HRs, Lavigne throwing a stellar game and the Aztecs winning 4-1 to continue on in the tourney. They quickly cleared everyone out from the stadium after the game ended to make preparations for the 8pm game, and we headed out to the outfield gate to see if we could catch Stras as the team left the field. There were quite a bit of people there, and Stras did come out with the rest of the team, signing sporadically along the way as he departed. D and I were lucky to get him on the last stop before his dad and a Boras henchman whisked him away for good. I got him on an official Rawlings NCAA ball with the 2009 CWS logo on it, which they were selling inside the park. I'll post photos tomorrow as the sunlight is better to photograph in, but all in all it was a great experience! Tomorrow is a bit tricky as my understanding is that the Aztecs will play the 4pm game, but will also play the 8pm game if they win the earlier one. So, it's a bit of a risk for anyone coming up from SD. But, good luck to anyone who makes it out tomorrow. At least you'll get to see some good collegiate baseball!
Here's a photo of the ball I got signed. They were selling these for $10 at the game, and I thought they were pretty unique being the official Rawlings NCAA baseballs with the 2009 CWS logo on them!

Old 05-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Hall of Famer

just put my new display case up......

Old 05-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootMagroot View Post
just put my new display case up......

That looks great. If you don't mind me asking How much did one of those cost you? You can PM if you want to.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Hall of Famer

ummm...it was like $118 total, but it holds 43 balls, and is UV protected
Old 06-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Rackmaster Flex

Scoot, you might want to consider putting the baseballs inside their own UV protective cubes inside the case as well. There are different levels of UV protection that companies use on their glass. This highest possible is around 98%, which I guess is called 'archival' or 'museum' quality. A dealer online told me that anyone who advertises 100% UV protection is full of crap! So, there still are some UV rays that get by. Plus, this type of glass is a lot more expensive, so if you paid $118 for your case the glass might not provide the maximum protection.

I had a case a while back that had UV protective glass on it, but a lot of my baseballs began to brown over time or the signatures started to fade. So, I got another case online, but I also put my baseballs inside their own UV protective cubes for added proection. I've had the case shown below for about 2 years now, and I haven't run into any issues with my baseballs getting damaged like they did with the previous case. Plus, the balls still display well even inside the cubes. Just some food for thought!

Old 06-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Veteran

Loumud, is that an LT signed baseball? thats pretty cool. Where did you get that signed?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WN!LADAINIAN TOMLINSON

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loumud View Post
Scoot, you might want to consider putting the baseballs inside their own UV protective cubes inside the case as well. There are different levels of UV protection that companies use on their glass. This highest possible is around 98%, which I guess is called 'archival' or 'museum' quality. A dealer online told me that anyone who advertises 100% UV protection is full of crap! So, there still are some UV rays that get by. Plus, this type of glass is a lot more expensive, so if you paid $118 for your case the glass might not provide the maximum protection.

I had a case a while back that had UV protective glass on it, but a lot of my baseballs began to brown over time or the signatures started to fade. So, I got another case online, but I also put my baseballs inside their own UV protective cubes for added proection. I've had the case shown below for about 2 years now, and I haven't run into any issues with my baseballs getting damaged like they did with the previous case. Plus, the balls still display well even inside the cubes. Just some food for thought!
that was one thing i checked out. it has 98% tested uv protection