Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Chargers Fans, Where Are You?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Veteran

Default Maryland Charger Fans?

What's up guys. After living in SD for 24 years (I'm 24) the wife & I are moving around now. (Military). Right now we're in San Antonio Texas, but come July we'll be moving to the Bethesda / Silver Springs are of Maryland.

We're looking forward to going to see our bolts when the play the Redskins the 1st week in Nov. & it's only a 2 hour drive to Philly, but that is their home opener when they play the chargers week two, so depending on how much tickets are will depend if we make that drive. Might make it a weekend. See what it's like on a sat night and get a real cheesesteak.

Anyone else out that way?
Old 05-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

First off, thanks for your service. My family and I appreciate it.

We lived in Maryland in the early 2000's, and it was awesome.

You are within a couple of hours of seeing games in Philly, Pittsburgh, Landover (Skins) and then you have M&T stadium in downtown Baltimore.

Ravens fans rival Charger fans with their tailgate parties. See if you can go to a bull roast before a Ravens game. They cook an entire bull on an open pit barbeque, and they are always great fun, and a good way to meet some really cool Ravens fans. I really enjoyed going to Ravens games, especially when they were playing the Steelers. Talk about a rivalry. Wow. But it was always in good fun, and everyone had a good time.

Tickets aren't cheap for Ravens home games. And they sell out most of their games. But you can have a great time if you make a day of it. Go check out the inner harbor before/after the game. Go check out the ESPN Center that is right next door to M&T stadium.

If you like seafood, you're going to love Maryland. I'd highly recommend a place called Roy's in Glen Burnie. The very best crab cakes in Maryland. And their ribs, bbq chicken, and everything else is top notch. Call in your order, or plan on standing in line for quite awhile. Any place with good food has a long wait. It's well worth the drive, if you're a seafood fan. Maryland has the best soft shell blue crabs in the country.

Skins games at FedEx Field are also fun. Skins fans are good hosts, and even wearing Charger gear I never felt threatened, got hassled, or treated badly by Skins fans. FedEx Field is a pretty nice stadium, too. I wish I could say the same for Philly. Overall, their fans are rude and obnoxious, and I'd think twice before taking any kids to a game there.

Enjoy your time in Maryland. If you like to fish, you have the Chesapeake Bay right in your backyard. Hop on a full day charter, and go catch some rockfish. Great fun, and better eating. Plenty of great fishing, crabbing, and sightseeing to do there.

Dover, Delaware is close by, so you can go check out NASCAR if you want to. DC is a great place to go sightseeing, and check out the history of our country, but a word to the wise. Go in the day time. It's rough there at night. Same with the east side of Baltimore. Scary.

And of course, you have all the Civil War battlefields around that you can go check out. I highly recommend a visit to Gettysburg, if you've never been. You'll be left in awe. There is so much history, so close by, that you could spend years checking it out and never see all of it.

Enjoy yourself, and have a good time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:14 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
First off, thanks for your service. My family and I appreciate it.

We lived in Maryland in the early 2000's, and it was awesome.

You are within a couple of hours of seeing games in Philly, Pittsburgh, Landover (Skins) and then you have M&T stadium in downtown Baltimore.

Ravens fans rival Charger fans with their tailgate parties. See if you can go to a bull roast before a Ravens game. They cook an entire bull on an open pit barbeque, and they are always great fun, and a good way to meet some really cool Ravens fans. I really enjoyed going to Ravens games, especially when they were playing the Steelers. Talk about a rivalry. Wow. But it was always in good fun, and everyone had a good time.

Tickets aren't cheap for Ravens home games. And they sell out most of their games. But you can have a great time if you make a day of it. Go check out the inner harbor before/after the game. Go check out the ESPN Center that is right next door to M&T stadium.

If you like seafood, you're going to love Maryland. I'd highly recommend a place called Roy's in Glen Burnie. The very best crab cakes in Maryland. And their ribs, bbq chicken, and everything else is top notch. Call in your order, or plan on standing in line for quite awhile. Any place with good food has a long wait. It's well worth the drive, if you're a seafood fan. Maryland has the best soft shell blue crabs in the country.

Skins games at FedEx Field are also fun. Skins fans are good hosts, and even wearing Charger gear I never felt threatened, got hassled, or treated badly by Skins fans. FedEx Field is a pretty nice stadium, too. I wish I could say the same for Philly. Overall, their fans are rude and obnoxious, and I'd think twice before taking any kids to a game there.

Enjoy your time in Maryland. If you like to fish, you have the Chesapeake Bay right in your backyard. Hop on a full day charter, and go catch some rockfish. Great fun, and better eating. Plenty of great fishing, crabbing, and sightseeing to do there.

Dover, Delaware is close by, so you can go check out NASCAR if you want to. DC is a great place to go sightseeing, and check out the history of our country, but a word to the wise. Go in the day time. It's rough there at night. Same with the east side of Baltimore. Scary.

And of course, you have all the Civil War battlefields around that you can go check out. I highly recommend a visit to Gettysburg, if you've never been. You'll be left in awe. There is so much history, so close by, that you could spend years checking it out and never see all of it.

Enjoy yourself, and have a good time.
Thank you for the in depth response. Looks like it won't be SD, but the wife & I will have plenty to do. Looking forward to it!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0r1en0 View Post
Thank you for the in depth response. Looks like it won't be SD, but the wife & I will have plenty to do. Looking forward to it!
Once you get out there, if you have any questions, drop me a pm any time.

The only thing I hated about Maryland was how flat it is. You could never really tell which direction you were headed, unless you used the sun for a reference. There are no mountains to tell you which way you're headed.

And the crush of humanity. Maryland is a pretty small state with a pretty large population. The Beltway, and other major freeways are a nightmare on the morning and evening commutes.

I worked about 10 miles from home, and sometimes it would take me over an hour to get home from work. Same in the morning. Leave at least an hour before you have to be there, and you still might be late. Ugh!

And if you ride a motorcycle, sell it before you get to Maryland. The news every night had some rider getting splattered on the freeway. Really ugly place to try and ride safely.

Also, be ready to be taxed for EVERYTHING! Maryland is even proposing a rain tax. A RAIN tax! For everything on your property that keeps the rain from freely hitting the ground, you're going to pay a tax for it. Your house, garage, sheds, trees, cars, everything between the sky and the ground is going to be taxed. Maryland's motto is "Welcome to Maryland. If we can't tax it, you can't have it." LOL

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Too Many Ghosts

I just got orders to Virginia Beach come December. Not exactly Maryland, but I foresee a Ravens/Chargers game sometime in the next season or 2.
Current University of Utah student.
Currently: Salt Lake City.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:02 PM
All-Pro

Live in Silver Spring, myself. Welcome to MD, more Charger fans then you would think. I've seen a good showing of Padre/Charger fans at games in D.C. and Baltimore. Second everything Tom said especially about the seafood. Best crab cakes in the country!!!

Tom, I think the ESPN Center is gone now sadly.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Rookie

Hey guys and gals,

I'm from SD and my wife is from Philly but we live in MD now (Glen Burnie). I was thinking about going to the game in Philly. Let me know if you guys end up getting tickets. We just got out of the military and I got a job in the area so we are here for a few years. Also I wanted to know if anyone is interested in or knows of a place where we can get together and watch the games. I would love to start watching the games with some Chargers fans. Sick of being out numbered. Let me know!
Old 09-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Rookie

I'm a born and raised San Diegan, joined the Navy and now living in Bethesda. I actually haven't found hardly any Chargers fans out here. I'm looking to go to the Chargers/Redskins game in November but none of my friends are that enthused to go. I definitely don't mind going alone, but more fun with fellow fans! Anyone else looking to go that maybe want to buy a group of tickets??
Old 12-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Rookie

I live in Gaithersburg, work in Bethesda. I just found this site that might be helpful:
http://www.fanloop.com
Old 09-04-2014, 06:01 AM
Rookie

Anyone making it out to the Ravens home game in November? I'm out in Jersey now & thinking about making the trip out there