Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-15-2014, 06:31 PM
Bolt4Life's Avatar
Bolt4Life Bolt4Life is offline
Release DJ Fluker!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 20,216
Default Away roll call threads in GD

Mods,

Would you consider moving the thread about roll call for who is going to a certain away game to General Discussion as a sticky for the week leading up to the game.

In the case of the AZ game, put it on GD now since it is our first game?

It took me many years to realize the Tickets section was for that. I think you would get a lot more participation for Charger tailgates and get togethers if you put the thread as a sticky in GD where most traffic goes, especially for the casual CMBer.

Once the game is over, delete or move the thread and add in the new one. Just give me moving powers and I'll do it for you
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Bolt4Life's Avatar
Bolt4Life Bolt4Life is offline
Release DJ Fluker!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 20,216
Default

Paging moderators! You guys aren't allowed to sleep. Must answer my questions now!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2014, 03:46 AM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 71,986
Default

We've got too many sticky threads in GD as it is.

I think everyone has pretty much gotten used to checking for roll call threads where they are now.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2014, 07:42 AM
Bolt4Life's Avatar
Bolt4Life Bolt4Life is offline
Release DJ Fluker!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 20,216
Default

Yeah, vets. Is Shamrock still a moderator or was there a falling out? I found him on twitter I think and he sounds "disgruntled"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2014, 11:04 AM
cthommes's Avatar
cthommes cthommes is offline
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 6,888
Default

You're on all the mods' ignore lists...
__________________
-New guy, no sig.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2014, 07:29 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 71,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Yeah, vets. Is Shamrock still a moderator or was there a falling out? I found him on twitter I think and he sounds "disgruntled"
I nominate you as the official monitor of new registrations.

Once they are registered, and their account is activated, I expect you to teach them the forum rules, the code of conduct, the thread starting requirements, and especially IMPORTANT! the New Posts button. Also give them a tour of the entire forum, including all the sub-forums.

If they have problems with the User Control Panel, please feel free to direct them to one of our expert Customer Satisfaction Agents. Their primary goal is to provide exemplary customer service.

After you have completed 100 satisfactory indoctrinations and orientations, and the new posters have completed the 2,500 question written test, as well as the 12 hour verbal examination ... THEN and ONLY THEN will you be allowed to join the Dark Side.

And guess what? We have cookies. Chocolate chip. With pecans.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Bolt4Life's Avatar
Bolt4Life Bolt4Life is offline
Release DJ Fluker!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 20,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
I nominate you as the official monitor of new registrations.

Once they are registered, and their account is activated, I expect you to teach them the forum rules, the code of conduct, the thread starting requirements, and especially IMPORTANT! the New Posts button. Also give them a tour of the entire forum, including all the sub-forums.

If they have problems with the User Control Panel, please feel free to direct them to one of our expert Customer Satisfaction Agents. Their primary goal is to provide exemplary customer service.

After you have completed 100 satisfactory indoctrinations and orientations, and the new posters have completed the 2,500 question written test, as well as the 12 hour verbal examination ... THEN and ONLY THEN will you be allowed to join the Dark Side.

And guess what? We have cookies. Chocolate chip. With pecans.
Give me power to ban people who I deem useless or negative nancies before they hit their 200th post and we gots us a deal!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-16-2014, 09:32 PM
chargertom's Avatar
chargertom chargertom is offline
Bandwagon Homer Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richfield
Posts: 71,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Give me power to ban people who I deem useless or negative nancies before they hit their 200th post and we gots us a deal!
What do I look like? Some kind of game showologist?

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Bolt4Life's Avatar
Bolt4Life Bolt4Life is offline
Release DJ Fluker!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 20,216
Default

Mods, I noticed the video thread is no longer stickied after 10 years.

Can you keep the internet essentials stickied? I use that all the time to go look at other forums of teams we are playing. A lot of the links are out dated, but you are bound to find one good one per team.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:34 AM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.