Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En EspaŮol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2017, 08:00 AM
Hall of Famer

LT is going to be a special assistant to ownership.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:48 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
LT is going to be a special assistant to ownership.
Duties include expanding community outreach in LA.

LT will continue to be an analyst on NFL Network per ESPN's Eric Williams.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:13 PM
Heartbroken Fan Each Week

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...idnt-sell-out/

The Chargersí lightning bolt always seemed to mean something to LaDainian Tomlinson.

This is part of what endeared him to San Diego.

He didnít just wear it on his uniform for nine years. He had it tattooed on his left calf. He was irate in early 2007 when Patriots players reacted to a playoff win in San Diego, their celebration including stomps and dances on and around the lightning-bolt helmet at midfield. Tomlinson, usually known for his easy-going demeanor, had to be restrained.

Now, Tomlinson is asking San Diego to understand.

Months from his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction, one of the most revered Chargers in franchise history recently split his audience. He accepted a position with the now-Los Angeles franchise, serving as a special assistant to owner Dean Spanos. Tomlinson appeared on a San Diego radio show Friday, addressing critics who say he ďsold outĒ the former NFL city.

ďThatís so strange to me,Ē Tomlinson said on the Darren Smith Show of Mighty 1090. ďI think people, in general, they try to pin one against the other. I donít think thatís fair at all. For one, Iím not a person who hates. Iím not a person that can stay angry at someone. Iím quick to forgive; maybe thatís a fault of mine. Iím not the type of person to say, ĎWell, I played for the San Diego Chargers, and Iím not going to support the organization anymore.í I donít work like that. Iím not built like that.

ďThere was a time early in my career where we werenít very good in San Diego. I had opportunities to say, ĎYou know what? I donít believe in the organization, the city. I donít think weíre going to get a stadium. I donít think weíre going to win. Iím going to get out of here.í I couldíve done that, but me, being the type of person I am, I wanted to stay there because Iím loyal to a fault. I was loyal to San Diego. I was loyal to the Chargers, the organization, the Spanos family. They gave me the opportunity to come to San Diego. So how can I sit here and say, ĎOh, I played for San Diego, but forget about the brand; forget about the Chargers?Ē

It is unclear what specific duties Tomlinson, one of the most beloved athletes in San Diego history, will perform as special assistant to Spanos.

A team statement announcing his hire stated generally he will ďfurther develop fan engagement and community relations programs for the Los Angeles Chargers.Ē

ďRemember: I care about the lightning bolt,Ē Tomlinson said to Darren Smith. ďThatís whatís tattooed on my calf muscle. Itís not San Diego. Itís not L.A. Itís a lightning bolt, and thatís what I care about. There are two things you can do. You can sit on the sideline and watch and be angry, or you can be a part of the transition and try to help that organization to win. I wouldnít feel good, myself, if the organization didnít do well and they lost year after year. I would feel terrible. That wouldnít make me feel good.

ďI played for that franchise. How would that make me feel good? So, I decided to jump into the game with an opportunity. You know what? Iíll help. Iíll stand up. I know a lot of people are mad right now, but Iíll still help. Iíll get involved. And I know there are people that are going to be mad at me. God bless you. I respect that. You have the right to be. But Iím going to jump into the game and try to do whatever I can do to help this franchise win.Ē

Tomlinson, an NFL Network analyst, said that heís already finished preparing his Hall of Fame speech.

San Diego will be ďrepresentedĒ in it ďof course,Ē he said. He plans to hold a celebration in the city following his induction.

ďIím always going to have the organizationís back,Ē Tomlinson said, ďbut I love San Diego. I love the community.Ē
2016 - In TT Itrust and in MM I'm warming up in faith again
Old 03-31-2017, 08:11 PM
Destroy the opposition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardCharge View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...idnt-sell-out/

The Chargersí lightning bolt always seemed to mean something to LaDainian Tomlinson.

This is part of what endeared him to San Diego.

He didnít just wear it on his uniform for nine years. He had it tattooed on his left calf. He was irate in early 2007 when Patriots players reacted to a playoff win in San Diego, their celebration including stomps and dances on and around the lightning-bolt helmet at midfield. Tomlinson, usually known for his easy-going demeanor, had to be restrained.

Now, Tomlinson is asking San Diego to understand.

Months from his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction, one of the most revered Chargers in franchise history recently split his audience. He accepted a position with the now-Los Angeles franchise, serving as a special assistant to owner Dean Spanos. Tomlinson appeared on a San Diego radio show Friday, addressing critics who say he ďsold outĒ the former NFL city.

ďThatís so strange to me,Ē Tomlinson said on the Darren Smith Show of Mighty 1090. ďI think people, in general, they try to pin one against the other. I donít think thatís fair at all. For one, Iím not a person who hates. Iím not a person that can stay angry at someone. Iím quick to forgive; maybe thatís a fault of mine. Iím not the type of person to say, ĎWell, I played for the San Diego Chargers, and Iím not going to support the organization anymore.í I donít work like that. Iím not built like that.

ďThere was a time early in my career where we werenít very good in San Diego. I had opportunities to say, ĎYou know what? I donít believe in the organization, the city. I donít think weíre going to get a stadium. I donít think weíre going to win. Iím going to get out of here.í I couldíve done that, but me, being the type of person I am, I wanted to stay there because Iím loyal to a fault. I was loyal to San Diego. I was loyal to the Chargers, the organization, the Spanos family. They gave me the opportunity to come to San Diego. So how can I sit here and say, ĎOh, I played for San Diego, but forget about the brand; forget about the Chargers?Ē

It is unclear what specific duties Tomlinson, one of the most beloved athletes in San Diego history, will perform as special assistant to Spanos.

A team statement announcing his hire stated generally he will ďfurther develop fan engagement and community relations programs for the Los Angeles Chargers.Ē

ďRemember: I care about the lightning bolt,Ē Tomlinson said to Darren Smith. ďThatís whatís tattooed on my calf muscle. Itís not San Diego. Itís not L.A. Itís a lightning bolt, and thatís what I care about. There are two things you can do. You can sit on the sideline and watch and be angry, or you can be a part of the transition and try to help that organization to win. I wouldnít feel good, myself, if the organization didnít do well and they lost year after year. I would feel terrible. That wouldnít make me feel good.

ďI played for that franchise. How would that make me feel good? So, I decided to jump into the game with an opportunity. You know what? Iíll help. Iíll stand up. I know a lot of people are mad right now, but Iíll still help. Iíll get involved. And I know there are people that are going to be mad at me. God bless you. I respect that. You have the right to be. But Iím going to jump into the game and try to do whatever I can do to help this franchise win.Ē

Tomlinson, an NFL Network analyst, said that heís already finished preparing his Hall of Fame speech.

San Diego will be ďrepresentedĒ in it ďof course,Ē he said. He plans to hold a celebration in the city following his induction.

ďIím always going to have the organizationís back,Ē Tomlinson said, ďbut I love San Diego. I love the community.Ē

Old 03-31-2017, 09:51 PM
more mojo please

bold stance.
Love it.
Count me in LT.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Hall of Famer

LT my main man...no hate here. I understand it doesn't change how most San Diegans feel about an NFL team leaving their home city of 55 years. It's a similar feeling the Browns felt in 95, the Rams a few years later and the Colts and Raiders (now twice over) a more than three decades before. Relocation is painful and scars will remain.

I do plan to attend your celebration in SD to thank you for you're brilliant achievements. Well deserved. Congrats!