Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Official Stuff > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2014, 09:05 PM
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Default Possibility of having the OP on top of every page?

There are other forums i go on which have the Original Post at the top of every page. So you'd see what the topic was about on top as the first post of the page and then all the discussion posts below that.

Can't remember off the top of my head what other forums use this but i am fairly certain they use Vbulletin.

I often see people complaining about the topics going off topic and the merges making things confusing. For the mega threads we have it could be an idea to update the OP with what threads have previously been merged.

The injury thread is one of the best examples and uses for it IMO. That's something which is constantly being updated and progresses. You could update the OP with the list of current injuries and it'd be at the top of every page for every one to see. They wouldn't have to dig through pages.

Just an idea. Not sure if it's hard or not to implement, could just be an option in the settings. It could also be annoying for some people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshie4 View Post
There are other forums i go on which have the Original Post at the top of every page. So you'd see what the topic was about on top as the first post of the page and then all the discussion posts below that.

Can't remember off the top of my head what other forums use this but i am fairly certain they use Vbulletin.

I often see people complaining about the topics going off topic and the merges making things confusing. For the mega threads we have it could be an idea to update the OP with what threads have previously been merged.

The injury thread is one of the best examples and uses for it IMO. That's something which is constantly being updated and progresses. You could update the OP with the list of current injuries and it'd be at the top of every page for every one to see. They wouldn't have to dig through pages.

Just an idea. Not sure if it's hard or not to implement, could just be an option in the settings. It could also be annoying for some people.
That sounds like a really good idea, if it could be pulled off.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshie4 View Post
It could also be annoying for some people.
Some folks like to start threads, just so they can see their name on the main page in GD.

Can you imagine, if they knew that their post was going to be at the top of every page in the threads?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Hall of Famer

With careful planning and good timing, the original poster could simply repost his post at just the right moment to lead off every page. I think it could be done.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

We can barely get help to code new smileys for Joal. I doubt we could pull that off.

Btw when i get home i plan to try to code a new smiley
Old 09-22-2014, 09:23 PM
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
That sounds like a really good idea, if it could be pulled off.
It can be done. I don't know anything about actually implementing things into vbulletin though.

Found a topic/mod for it to be done.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=306348

^^^That one is even better than what i've seen on other forums since you can set it to specific forums or topics. Would mean it wouldn't affect the whole board and possibly become annoying for forums/topics that don't need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Some folks like to start threads, just so they can see their name on the main page in GD.

Can you imagine, if they knew that their post was going to be at the top of every page in the threads?
Well we have some excellent writers on the forum who deserve to have their username in the spotlight haha

For the topic creators who really care about their topic though i think it's a great feature. I know there are some posters on here who try and keep their threads updated and do a good job.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
With careful planning and good timing, the original poster could simply repost his post at just the right moment to lead off every page. I think it could be done.
Until i delete a post of mine on the first page to troll you!

Honestly though, I dont see the need to constantly see the OP. Usually within a few pages the subject is slightly different.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:25 PM
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
We can barely get help to code new smileys for Joal. I doubt we could pull that off.

Btw when i get home i plan to try to code a new smiley
That's what i see as being the biggest hurdle. Not having an active admin holds the forum back a bit i think.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Until i delete a post of mine on the first page to troll you!

Honestly though, I dont see the need to constantly see the OP. Usually within a few pages the subject is slightly different.
Good point. By the time we're on page two, every thread is just fire Norv! Fire AJ!
Old 09-23-2014, 03:42 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
Good point. By the time we're on page two, every thread is just fire Norv! Fire AJ!
Including this thread now.