Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2016, 08:25 AM

PB has a lot of security cams outside. Should be easy for the Police to find the person. Hope he recovers to live a normal life.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Prayers are good. In the mean time, somebody needs to start a fund for the intern's medical expenses.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Disliker View Post
Prayers are good. In the mean time, somebody needs to start a fund for the intern's medical expenses.
I would hope the Chargers org would take care of a lot of that.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Moderator of Insanity

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...argers-intern/
Quote:
SAN DIEGO — The family of a Chargers intern struck last week by a hit-and-run driver is urging witnesses to come forward, while also trying to raise money so family members can stay in San Diego while the intern recovers from his injuries.

J'Ron Erby, 23, was one of two pedestrians who were struck on Garnett Avenue near Cass Street. Police said the driver swerved into a wrong-way lane about 1 a.m. Friday in order to pass slower vehicles.

Erby suffered severe brain damage and is in critical condition. He remains on a ventilator with skull fractures in three different places, according to a GoFundMe page.

More than $5,400 dollars have been donated to assist with Erby’s recovery, and to help support family members who would like to stay local while he heals. Erby is from Hercules, a town located northeast of San Francisco.

“Though doctors are optimistic at his progression thus far, they believe this will be a day by day process and may be hospitalized for a month at the least,” the page read.

The other victim suffered a forehead laceration.

Police haven’t made any arrests in the case, which is frustrating to the Erby family, said Leana Erby, J’Ron’s sister.

"We understand there were a lot of witnesses there," she said, suggesting that someone out there must know more details about the vehicle and the driver involved.

San Diego traffic investigators said they’re working on locating video of the incident to get a better description of the car involved. Police asked anyone with information to call (858) 495-7800.

Erby joined the Chargers in July as a season-long intern.

Circulate San Diego, a local non-profit focused on pedestrian safety, said the hit-and-run collision is a reminder of how important it is for local leaders to commit to "Vision Zero," a campaign to make streets safe from serious injuries and deaths. The group says its research indicates Garnet Avenue is one of the eight most dangerous corridors in the city of San Diego.
It's now at 7K+... https://www.gofundme.com/2gddcsvz

Hopefully one of the witnesses will come forward too.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Go Chargers!

M. Gehlken posted this to his twitter, from the go fund me page (link below)

Here is an update about J'Ron's recovery for today:
Update: It has been 5 days since J'Ron's tragic accident, which the doctors said that the first 5 days would be the most critical. J'Ron's brain has not been showing any sizes of additional bleeding or swelling since day 2, which is a blessing. J'Ron's cat scan today 08/10/2016 shows that his brain is stabilizing and healing. This morning he responded well to commands and lifted his legs, arms, shoulders and head as much as he can while still sedated and restrained while being cleaned by nurses. We are hoping and praying that the doctor will allow J'Ron to slowly decrease the sedation and start waking him up within the next few days.

Link:
https://www.gofundme.com/2gddcsvz

My thoughts are with him that he continues to improve and hopefully is able to make a full recovery.

Go Chargers!
Old 08-11-2016, 09:46 AM

any news yet on catching the scumbag that hit him?
Old 08-14-2016, 12:07 AM
Hall of Famer

I am pulling for J'Ron Erbe with all the considerable righteous energy I can send to him.

Mike Williams WR clemson
Tyus Bowser SAM houston
Isaac Asiata ORG utah
Eddie Vanderdoes DL ucla
Wayne Gallman RB clemson
Brendan Langley CB lamar TX
David Jones S richmond
Old 08-15-2016, 06:32 AM

It was great seeing them bring up the gofundme link and tell his story during the preseason game. The donations took off like crazy once they did.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:12 PM

I would like to relate a case of a family friend's son.....

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...l-eligible-unc

My prayers for this young man and his family.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:58 PM
Rookie

A friend of mine got hit by a drunk driver years back out in PB, the driver got off the hook. My friend is learning how to walk again now but he's just not the same with the brain damage and what not.