Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2017, 04:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestBolt View Post
Cautiously optimistic about the Hawks. Nice win against a good team tonight, with their no 2 in the net to boot.

Top 3 lines are playing well and Kane is absolutely on a tear. Acquired Oduya to pair back up with Hjalmarsson which should really help depth wise.

Gonna be fun down the stretch.
Wild and Ducks are built to hurt some teams, and the PO's are always about attrition to a degree. Hawks look really good, and are a team to be considered to win it all certainly, but the Wild should be difficult this year.

Both Teams last night started their '#2' goalie, but in all fairness, both goalies are #1 quality.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Is it time to panic yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozendisc View Post
Wild and Ducs are built to hurt some teams, and. the PO's are always about attrition to a degree. Hawks look really good, and are a team to be considered to win it all certainly, but the Wild should be difficult this year.

Both Teams last night started their '#2' goalie, but in all fairness, both goalies are #1 quality.
Both goalies played well; unbelieveable saves by both. The game was really really competitive I thought.

Minnesota was solid before the trades. Difficult may be an understatement.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Both goalies played well; unbelieveable saves by both. The game was really really competitive I thought.

Minnesota was solid before the trades. Difficult may be an understatement.
Yep.....CBJ is another team to watch.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Hall of Famer

I am curious what you guys think.....

The NHL is formulating some final rules on the upcoming expansion draft. One of those rules looks to be allowing teams to keep hidden from the fans their 'protected players' list. What do you guys want, or do you even care ?

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-10-2017, 09:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I am curious what you guys think.....

The NHL is formulating some final rules on the upcoming expansion draft. One of those rules looks to be allowing teams to keep hidden from the fans their 'protected players' list. What do you guys want, or do you even care ?
There will be plenty of speculation based upon who is taken.

Mike Williams WR clemson
Tyus Bowser SAM houston
Isaac Asiata ORG utah
Eddie Vanderdoes DL ucla
Wayne Gallman RB clemson
Brendan Langley CB lamar TX
David Jones S richmond
Old 03-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
There will be plenty of speculation based upon who is taken.
Why not have a pre-expansion draft show that reveals each teams unprotected players.....marketing gold for both LV and the NHL.

personally I bet the lists get leaked anyway

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Hall of Famer

There is a pretty well written article on the Habs on NHL.com, and what playing for the Club means. Three angles in it: Head Coach, Team Captain, and the Goalie.....pretty interesting read. I have tried a few times to get understood what it is to play for club that expects excellence in everything, but most on here seem to not understand my view, but it is what the Bolts need to create if possible.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-13-2017, 06:49 AM
Is it time to panic yet?

Quote:
There is a pretty well written article on the Habs on NHL.com, and what playing for the Club means. Three angles in it: Head Coach, Team Captain, and the Goalie.....pretty interesting read. I have tried a few times to get understood what it is to play for club that expects excellence in everything, but most on here seem to not understand my view, but it is what the Bolts need to create if possible.
I think some people get it. I believe there is something to it.

For example, one of the Schools from my old high school conference, (Geneseo, Illinois) has that magic formula: 54 year (and counting) consecutive winning records, 40 playoff appearances since 1974, 4 state championships. All with being one of the smallest enrollments in their class, in the state.

I believe the tone was set in the 1960's with legendary coach Bob Reade - a name most football coaches anywhere will know. It has continued to the present day.

The formula must be easier said than done tho, or everyone would be doing it.

Sorry for the football hijack in the NHL thread.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:05 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I think some people get it. I believe there is something to it.

For example, one of the Schools from my old high school conference, (Geneseo, Illinois) has that magic formula: 54 year (and counting) consecutive winning records, 40 playoff appearances since 1974, 4 state championships. All with being one of the smallest enrollments in their class, in the state.

I believe the tone was set in the 1960's with legendary coach Bob Reade - a name most football coaches anywhere will know. It has continued to the present day.

The formula must be easier said than done tho, or everyone would be doing it.

Sorry for the football hijack in the NHL thread.

No hijacking done, as your example is exactly what I speak about. There are other organizations that have this quality to some degree. Yankees, Celtics, Lakers, Steelers, Patriots and others I am certain I have failed to mention. It is very difficult to achieve, and must come with commitment to enforce the standard no matter how painful it might feel. Even in achieving this standard, winning is not assured, it has been since 1993 for us to have Cup. Yet we walk with head up, full of pride to represent such a great organization.

GO BOLTS !
Old 03-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
No hijacking done, as your example is exactly what I speak about. There are other organizations that have this quality to some degree. Yankees, Celtics, Lakers, Steelers, Patriots and others I am certain I have failed to mention. It is very difficult to achieve, and must come with commitment to enforce the standard no matter how painful it might feel. Even in achieving this standard, winning is not assured, it has been since 1993 for us to have Cup. Yet we walk with head up, full of pride to represent such a great organization.
That would be 24 years for those of you counting at home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.