Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2017, 04:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Default Spanoses may be sly foxes playing in a smaller stadium in L.A.

1. The move to the L.A. market probably increases the value of the franchise by at least 50%. So if they are worth 2 billion in San Diego, they will be worth 3 billion in L.A. Immediately. Without playing a game.

2. Moving to L.A means that some of the Chargers San Diego fans will stop following them and going to games. So new fans in the L.A. area need to be developed. Playing in a smaller stadium requires less overhead expense than whatever their lease expense was here in San Diego. So they save on operational expenses while they grow their new market, and wait for the final stadium to be completed.

So with number 1, they increase their franchises value immediately. With number 2, they control their overhead and operational expenses while they establish their Los Angeles fan base.

Number 3. Hiring Anthony Lynn on the cheap, compared to a bigger name, is also part of that equation. They hire a new head coach with a good reputation for coaching a power running game wherever he's been. Melvin Gordon, and Andre Williams talents will be on display, and whoever else fits into Lynns' power run game scheme. This can also relieve the pressure on Rivers, and might just bring him the championship ring that has eluded him. like Terrell Davis running game did for John Elway. ....Or they can trade Rivers, with his permission, but seeing how good a endorsement market L.A. will be for Rivers, I would expect he'll want to stay on.

4. And then there's Gus Bradley. Or is there? I don't know for certain yet. But if he's gong to coach fundamental tackling skills like he did with the Seahawks, he will be an improvement at DC. Mebane will know more about what Bradley can do for the Chargers defense. He'd be a good guy to talk to.

So, while many on the CMB are emotionally hurt by the move and think the Spanoses are stupid, don't know what they are doing, I beg to differ. Increasing your franchises value immediately, greatly reducing and controlling expenses, and transitioning to a different team identity, as in a power running team, vs pass happy, takes guts, foresight, and smarts. I know I'll be flamed for saying this, but it's their business. We're just fans of a football team.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:34 PM
Learn to THINK

Dogs talking about foxes while playing cards?

Approved.

And . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:38 PM
Moderator of Delusions

You probably should have ended you post with...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:39 PM
19 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightdogs View Post
1. The move to the L.A. market probably increases the value of the franchise by at least 50%. So if they are worth 2 billion in San Diego, they will be worth 3 billion in L.A. Immediately. Without playing a game.

2. Moving to L.A means that some of the Chargers San Diego fans will stop following them and going to games. So new fans in the L.A. area need to be developed. Playing in a smaller stadium requires less overhead expense than whatever their lease expense was here in San Diego. So they save on operational expenses while they grow their new market, and wait for the final stadium to be completed.

So with number 1, they increase their franchises value immediately. With number 2, they control their overhead and operational expenses while they establish their Los Angeles fan base.

Number 3. Hiring Anthony Lynn is also part of that equation. They hire a new head coach with a good reputation for coaching a power running game wherever he's been. Melvin Gordon, and Andre Williams talents will be on dispaly, and whoever else fits into Lynns' power run game scheme. This can also relieve the pressure on Rivers, and might just bring him the championship ring that has eluded him. like Terrell Davis running game did for John Elway. ....Or they can trade Rivers, with his permission, but seeing how good a endorsement market L.A. will be for Rivers, I would expect he'll want to stay on.

4. And then there's Gus Bradley. Or is there? I don't know for certain yet. But if he's gong to coach fundamental tackling skills like he did with the Seahawks, he will be an improvement at DC. Mebane will know more about what Bradley can do for the Chargers defense. He'd be a good guy to talk to.

So, while many on the CMB are emotionally hurt by the move and think the Spanoses are stupid, don't know what they are doing, I beg to differ. Increasing your franchises value immediately, greatly reducing and controlling expenses, and transitioning to a different team identity, as in a power running team, vs pass happy, takes guts, foresight, and smarts. I know I'll be flamed for saying this, but it's their business. We're just fans of a football team.

"Well....GOSH GOLLY....These tacos are GREAT!!!!" Or "GOSH GOLLY....Go see Cal, Go see Cal, Go see Cal!!!..." Or howzabout "GOLLY GOSH....I called Pizza Man and he DEE-Livered!!!"

I can see the deals now.......
Old 01-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post

Approved.

And . .
Yeah baby.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post

Approved.

And . .
Bye Bye

And ..
Old 01-13-2017, 07:12 PM
Hall of Famer

I have seen and heard the Spanos clan called just about everything in the book, but 'sly foxes' is not one that seems to fit them very well......

GO BOLTS !
Old 01-13-2017, 08:05 PM
more mojo please

I have no problem giving credit where it's due
Any time you can double your finances overnight, it's a success
Doing so in the face of national criticism and volatile reactions requires a thick skin
I've never accused the Spanoses of being stupid.
Greedy? Selfish? Horrible franchise owners? Of course!
But never stupid.
Ironically, with this move, they're actually demonstrating certain qualities that have been known to win championships.
Al Davis was an iconic leader of a championship organization that played an important role in helping miniorities break through into the NFL...
He was also a power tripping cheater that practiced humiliating and endangering people all in the quest to "just win"

Like most, I don't like Spanos and obviously he doesn't care much for me, but I hope he succeeds in earning a superbowl championship.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:46 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCPB View Post
Bye Bye

And ..
SDCPB once again LOOOOOOVES firsts!

(weird -- only mine though -- me scared).

Old 01-13-2017, 10:33 PM
LAme

I hate when I hear people say moving to LA automatically increases franchise value. What absolute nonsense. Why? Explain to me why please.

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT