Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2017, 08:29 PM
LAme

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Seems you changed your argument 180 degrees. At first you said that the valuations are trash because the bankers doing them have to come to the pre-ordained numbers that the client (Chargers) wants.

But when I asked "why would the Chargers have a pre-ordained number if they are trying to honestly evaluate alternatives", you now say that the Chargers didn't -- the bankers did.

*I say "this situation" because like I mentioned -- I wrangle with accountants regularly when it comes to valuations. And you are right that usually, a client wants a certain valuation (taxes; capital gains; options; selling price; IPO, etc). But in this case, if a client wants to learn about potential alternative valuations, to guide it on choosing a path, I would absolutely prefer a straight up, by-the-book, analysis.

p.s. I think I know the argument you've settled on, and it may well be a legit one. But I don't want to put words in your mouth, and it would mean that your first point was wrong or at least inapplicable.
My original comment was just a generalization across all industries that valuations are overrated.

I think the confusion is this: the Chargers would never ask a banker to do a valuation of their potential move to LA. Or if they did, they would never actually rely on it. That's like asking a car salesman if you're getting a good deal on the car he's selling you.

So if the Bankers did provide some kind of market analysis/franchise valuation, it would have been skewed favorably.

That's my opinion anyway. Obviously Spanos doesn't have business sense, so maybe he did reply on a valuation from the bankers

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Old 01-22-2017, 12:51 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrman View Post
Population San Diego County 3.5 millions
Population Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernadino Counties 17 million
You can add Ventura County to the list.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:53 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCBolts Fan View Post
Quoted for truth.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime Time View Post
If you want to maximize your franchise value, you better put a good product on the field.
Actually 'franchise' or team value lies in fans, and Spanos doesn't believe in that. He's moved once and he'll move again if he feels like it. He should just rename them The Spanos Chargers as it simplifies things rather than having to rename the team all the time and have to pretend he cares about representing anywhere.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Actually 'franchise' or team value lies in fans, and Spanos doesn't believe in that. He's moved once and he'll move again if he feels like it. He should just rename them The Spanos Chargers as it simplifies things rather than having to rename the team all the time and have to pretend he cares about representing anywhere.
This actually makes sense... The NFL has proven multiple times it is not loyal to the cities for which it represents. Why bother repping them at all?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:28 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
This actually makes sense... The NFL has proven multiple times it is not loyal to the cities for which it represents. Why bother repping them at all?
Excellent idea.

Just build one stadium, and have all the teams take turns playing there. The NFL could have games year round.

I think Salt Lake City would be a great place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 01-28-2017, 05:02 AM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Excellent idea.

Just build one stadium, and have all the teams take turns playing there. The NFL could have games year round.

I think Salt Lake City would be a great place.
YES!! Then broadcast it by PPV all over the world! It will be the next big thing like Running Man

Old 01-28-2017, 05:30 AM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
YES!! Then broadcast it by PPV all over the world! It will be the next big thing like Running Man
Even better, have a huge table that rises up out of the ground at the 50 yard line at the end of the game. Have it covered with food and drink like they did in the medieval times. Only the winners get to eat. The losers have to stand and watch. Call it, "The Hunger Games"
Old 01-29-2017, 11:27 AM
Veteran

Bolt Apples and oranges

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCBolts Fan View Post

You can add OC, VC, SB etc

In SD you could add OC , Mexico and every away team....it all boils down to the product on the field...in LA, OC, SD....any Calif county, period

If they would have won in SD they would still be here....period!
Old 01-29-2017, 11:42 AM
Veteran

Default Spanos family are more than a sly fox

I'm from LA, born in LA
Moved to SD, SD is a much better county to live in on many fronts

The Spanos family moved for money, period!

For money, they:
ripped the heart out of many families (so many children)
Took away sponsorship of many needy organizations of 56 years
Stole from the fans the entire last year (they had NO intentions staying in SD after the meeting in Houston, they had to wait a year to pull the plug)
They robbed foundations that depended on them for 56 years
They are laying off 1200 employees that depended on them for 56 years
They played on fans emotions the last 2 years knowing what they were gonna do

And since leaving they have been heartless to the enormous amount of pain they inflicted on so many San Diegans while instantly promoting LA and saying hurtful unnecessary comments about SD or only looking forward like we don't exist.

Now they want our money, travel time, devotion and pride? Anyone who follows them will be equal to a battered women saying.....but I love him!