Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2017, 11:11 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
I'm surprised it took this long.

They maintained all along that roughly 25% of their ticket base was from LA/OC. Assuming those STH's renewed that's roughly 13k already in the bag.

The fact that it took them this long to sell roughly 15k seats between the remaining 37k or so SD tickets and all of LA has to be troubling considering the Rams sold 70k seats in a day.
I don't think the circumstances are equal. Besides that the Rams are more loved than the Chargers in LA at this point, these are two separate issues.

1) The StubHub is the most expensive ticket in the NFL. The Rams stadium is not. I am middle class and it was tough for me to buy tickets.
2) LA was excited to get an NFL team back. This year, that excitement has already been used when the Rams came the year before.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:12 AM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I don't think the circumstances are equal. Besides that the Rams are more loved than the Chargers in LA at this point, these are two separate issues.

1) The StubHub is the most expensive ticket in the NFL. The Rams stadium is not. I am middle class and it was tough for me to buy tickets.
2) LA was excited to get an NFL team back. This year, that excitement has already been used when the Rams came the year before.
Yeah it's not the best way to grow a fan base.

I realize the unusual circumstances. Despite the circumstances, I figured there'd be a little more initial excitement. If they don't do something extaordinary to drum up serious interest then I don't envision them being able to come close to selling out 80,000 seats in a new stadium where tix will cost more than most and include a PSL.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:23 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Yeah it's not the best way to grow a fan base.

I realize the unusual circumstances. Despite the circumstances, I figured there'd be a little more initial excitement. If they don't do something extaordinary to drum up serious interest then I don't envision them being able to come close to selling out 80,000 seats in a new stadium where tix will cost more than most and include a PSL.
I agree I don't see them selling out 80k unless these next two seasons are playoff seasons with at least a win in each.

I kind of see your viewpoint but at the same time, the season tickets practically sold out to former season ticket holders. If we are judging the excitement level based on how many deposits were put in, we have no way to know since former STH bought a majority of the tickets. That is pretty good in my opinion.I think a majority of the stadium will be San Diegans that have stuck with the team.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

They maintained all along that roughly 25% of their ticket base was from LA/OC. Assuming those STH's renewed that's roughly 13k already in the bag.

The fact that it took them this long to sell roughly 15k seats between the remaining 37k or so SD tickets and all of LA has to be troubling considering the Rams sold 70k seats in a day.

Where do you guys get your numbers? They are total nonsense. The Rams did not sell 70,000 tickets in a day.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:53 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:

Sell 15K seats? What are you talking about???

The seats remaining are (1) several hundred / game that are reserved for visiting teams (a leaguewide policy), and (2) as noted by others, the first 4 rows along the sidelines that weren't included in the season ticket sales (partially obstructed view).

The remainder of the 30,000 seats were sold at the highest price in NFL history (far higher cost than the Rams were selling at the Coliseum) and sold out in less than a month of a very controlled and limited roll out, a far different process than the Rams conducted in the 80,000+ seat Coliseum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JoeMcRugby; 03-28-2017 at 10:06 AM..
Old 03-28-2017, 10:53 AM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Sell 15K seats? What are you talking about???

The seats remaining are (1) several hundred / game that are reserved for visiting teams (a leaguewide policy), and (2) as noted by others, the first 4 rows along the sidelines that weren't included in the season ticket sales (partially obstructed view).

The remainder of the 30,000 seats were sold at the highest price in NFL history (far higher cost than the Rams were selling at the Coliseum) and sold out in less than a month of a very controlled and limited roll out, a far different process than the Rams conducted in the 80,000+ seat Coliseum.
The first 4 rows add up to roughly 1,500 seats. That leaves roughly 28,500 seats left. According to their calculations roughly 13k SD season tickets were sold to LA residents. Assuming those 13k tickets got renewed, that leaves roughly 15k left to sell between the remaining 37k SD season tickets and people on the wait list.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:16 AM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I agree I don't see them selling out 80k unless these next two seasons are playoff seasons with at least a win in each.

I kind of see your viewpoint but at the same time, the season tickets practically sold out to former season ticket holders. If we are judging the excitement level based on how many deposits were put in, we have no way to know since former STH bought a majority of the tickets. That is pretty good in my opinion.I think a majority of the stadium will be San Diegans that have stuck with the team.
I get where you are comin from. It makes sense. I guess I just figured the remaining tickets would sell out quicker. The number of people available per window may have played a big part in that and like you said who knows how many deposits were put in. Those numbers would be interesting to see.

Anyway, they sold out. That's all that matters for now.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:31 PM
Rookie

Default Chargers fans in LA

When I woke up and checked my email at 0800 the morning of the announcement I read Spanos' letter and immediately got on the fightforLA waitlist. My window opened March 16th @ 9:30 AM. The $700 were sold out and I didn't want to pay $1350 for endzone seats in the sun, especially since I have to buy preseason. So I am without season tickets but for sure I am going to games that fall on my days off (SEP 10,17,24 OCT 1,8 NOV 5, 12 DEC 17, 31) Let me know if you guys want to sell them to me - marcos_g_c@yahoo.com

I've been reading up on PSLs and I was specifically researching Cowboys' PSLs and I think those are ridiculous compared to other PSL's around the league but if Rams' owner Stan Kronke is building a rival of AT&T stadium then the cost might be similar and I just wonder what the PSLs will look like. If the PSLs are supposed to be an alternative to public money and the Chargers didn't have to pay to build it. Then wouldn't it be smart of the Chargers to not have PSLs unless there was a predetermined amount already agreed upon when the lease was signed. In any case I am 100% sure I will not put one penny into a PSL so I will probably never be a season ticket holder. I think I am willing to pay up to $1000 per ticket without PSL.

I think on another thread or when I googled it, something came up about a survey that was out for Rams on what they would be willing to pay for a PSL and it was in the form of a multiple choice with four options structured between cost of psl and ticket price but all options added up to the same amount. Very psychological.

I will probably buy tickets from you guys in the future.

But on the bright side, we get another home game every year starting 2020, going to Las Vegas.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Did everybody get their Philip Rivers jerseys?
Old 03-29-2017, 12:16 AM
Rookie

Based on some seat maps, it looks like the field will be slightly off center. In other words, some sections (eg. Sec 109) appear to be closer to the 50-yard than the equivalent section (eg. Sec 113) on the other end.

Can anyone confirm this? Did they say anything during the walk thru?