Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic View Post
The Patriots would annihilate us but it is smart to go on the road early. I'd hate to face Raiders on MNF in stubhub, those wild fans would bombard stubhub and we wouldn't have any early confidence knowing our home stadium is filled with opposing fans. As we have seen the last 2 season that effects this Charger team alot.

Best Week 1 match up is against the Jets on the Road. No stability at QB, Secondary is a mess and all that spells is Chargers win barring injuries.
I would prefer to open early against the Raiders. Fans won't be selling their tickets the first couple games. By mid season it will depend on our record.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
How would Raider fans get tickets??? That's one thing that we don't need to worry about at StubHub.
Same way they got them at the Q last year--from Charger fans
Old 04-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I would prefer to open early against the Raiders. Fans won't be selling their tickets the first couple games. By mid season it will depend on our record.
Yeah mid to late season could get very dicey if they aren't winning
Old 04-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
Same way they got them at the Q last year--from Charger fans
Won't happen in a season opener - and no way that it's anywhere near the percentage as happened at the Q last year no matter what happens in 2017. The people who popped the large amount of cash to secure their seats are hard-core Charger fans, especially those who will be traveling from SD.

At the Coliseum? The Raider fans would have swamped the seats. In Inglewood? To be determined over the next couple of seasons.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Won't happen in a season opener - and no way that it's anywhere near the percentage as happened at the Q last year no matter what happens in 2017. The people who popped the large amount of cash to secure their seats are hard-core Charger fans, especially those who will be traveling from SD.

At the Coliseum? The Raider fans would have swamped the seats. In Inglewood? To be determined over the next couple of seasons.
agree about the season opener but down the line if they aren't winning, I wouldn't be surprised to see it. Plenty of season ticket holders gave up their seats to Raider fans in SD. Add in the extra drive for those from SD and it gets easier to justify.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
agree about the season opener but down the line if they aren't winning, I wouldn't be surprised to see it. Plenty of season ticket holders gave up their seats to Raider fans in SD. Add in the extra drive for those from SD and it gets easier to justify.
Not the hardcore fans - and the ones who have bought season tickets in Carson are hardcore.

Some may sell, but nothing close to the level of embarrassment of 2016.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Not the hardcore fans - and the ones who have bought season tickets in Carson are hardcore.
Not really.

I have 2 groups of friends that I consider hardcore Chargers fans that purchased tix in Carson. The Raiders game is the one game every year that they sell their tix to recoup some of their money and to avoid dealing with Raiders fans.

Many SD STH's have utilized this strategy in recent years. I think many STH's, especially the ones that can barely afford the higher ticket prices, will sell the tix once they realize how much they'll be able to get for that one game. There will be huge demand for those tickets with all the Raiders fans in LA and IE.

I don't think it will be as bad as the Q-2016, but I think there will be a ton of Raiders fans, enough to take away the home field noise advantage.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:03 PM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
Not really.

I have 2 groups of friends that I consider hardcore Chargers fans that purchased tix in Carson. The Raiders game is the one game every year that they sell their tix to recoup some of their money and to avoid dealing with Raiders fans.

Many SD STH's have utilized this strategy in recent years. I think many STH's, especially the ones that can barely afford the higher ticket prices, will sell the tix once they realize how much they'll be able to get for that one game. There will be huge demand for those tickets with all the Raiders fans in LA and IE.

I don't think it will be as bad as the Q-2016, but I think there will be a ton of Raiders fans, enough to take away the home field noise advantage.
I get the premise, but my initial response was in regard to the season (i.e. LA franchise) opener. Nobody is selling their seats for that game.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
Not really.

I hope that SD tradition dies off in LA. Can't stand it.

If it's one of the first two games, I doubt many people at all sell their tickets, even to the Raiders.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
I get the premise, but my initial response was in regard to the season (i.e. LA franchise) opener. Nobody is selling their seats for that game.
Gotcha. Yeah, without a doubt.