Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2017, 07:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Bosa was fresh to fans minds almost a year ago to the day. Fans perceived him as being full of himself and the longer he held out the more intense this perception became. It wasn't until his play did the talking in his debut with the Raiders that we got to know him. Time revealed that he was a good guy with his priorities on straight. And yes the man has an abundance of football talent. He's just a tad richer now.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAFLBOLTFAN View Post
Disagree, HC obviously wants him there. You'd expect one of your "Franchise players" to be there. Still only a 2nd year guy, new DC this season. No matter what his teammates would say publicly, I'm sure they'd like to see him there
Yes, but there's a fine line between the "they're voluntary but we'd really like you to be there", and "you're a bad guy if you're not there so by voluntary we really mean mandatory". If he is working out hard with his trainer and really feels he's getting better preparation for the season this way, I think this is fine. OTOH if he shows up 15 pounds overweight and gassed after every sprint, that's a bit more problematic.

He'll probably only have 15 pieces of flair too when he does show up.

Last edited by Crime Time; 04-19-2017 at 08:56 AM..
Old 04-19-2017, 09:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime Time View Post
Yes, but there's a fine line between the "they're voluntary but we'd really like you to be there", and "you're a bad guy if you're not there so by voluntary we really mean mandatory". If he is working out hard with his trainer and really feels he's getting better preparation for the season this way, I think this is fine. OTOH if he shows up 15 pounds overweight and gassed after every sprint, that's a bit more problematic.

He'll probably only have 15 pieces of flair too when he does show up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ChQK8j6so8

What's the saying winning solves everything.... He just played his first pro season on a team that had an extremely inept coach "who didn't hold anyone accountable, with a franchise QB who would appear has become complacent in winning a championship, and who is more of an awe shuck's family Guy, who's supposed to be the face of your franchise! We have or should I say TT and John Spanos just hired a new head coach who has been a big part of another losing franchise who has a lot to prove that he even has the right stuff to be a successful head coach and that no one else wanted as their head coach, when they had the opportunity to hire Mat Patricia...

TT & John Spanos will be justly regarded by this off season and draft as to being have nots or also as having the right stuff, nothing has been​ validated yet?

I think most of all this comes down to wanting to be a part of a winning organization, and we don't know anything yet?

Put it this way, If Bosa was on the pats I bet he would of been at voluntary workouts.... Winners want to be a part of winning....
Old 04-19-2017, 09:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Football is a team sport. Getting ready to play is a team activity.
Skipping a few days of OTAs for good cause is no big deal. Skipping most or all means the player will not be as good a teammate as he could have been had he participated.
Waiting 'till TC or later to begin learning to work with the 2017 Chargers players & coaches would set anyone back.
Hopefully everybody wants to win as a team. It's still early.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
Football is a team sport. Getting ready to play is a team activity.
Skipping a few days of OTAs for good cause is no big deal. Skipping most or all means the player will not be as good a teammate as he could have been had he participated.
Waiting 'till TC or later to begin learning to work with the 2017 Chargers players & coaches would set anyone back.
Hopefully everybody wants to win as a team. It's still early.
Hopefully Anthony Lynn has the ability to coach through a winning, playoffs making season and is able to establish a winning culture here in LA.... Nothing is impossible and Lynn has already gone on record stating he believes he could win this season with these players, he even convinced John and Tom of that in his interview when he was hired. Good enough, no excuses this year for a losing season, period ! How's that for accountability?!
Old 04-19-2017, 10:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
Hopefully Anthony Lynn has the ability to coach through a winning, playoffs making season and is able to establish a winning culture here in LA.... Nothing is impossible and Lynn has already gone on record stating he believes he could win this season with these players, he even convinced John and Tom of that in his interview when he was hired. Good enough, no excuses this year for a losing season, period ! How's that for accountability?!
The 2017 Chargers will have more wins than 2016. We have too many good-very good players and more quality on the coaching staff. It's guaranteed that we'll add talent in the draft -whether or not we take the most popular picks.
We were world class at playing and losing close games under McCoy. Those were winnable games that Lynn & Co will take an improved % of. Hopefully north of half, maybe most.

Everyone is accountable. We need to post a winning record in a very tough AFCW. It's doable but will take everyone's best effort.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:54 AM
more mojo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadTrip View Post
Based on last year I think the team should go join Bosa for offseason workouts, not the other way around.
yup.
produce on Sundays the way Bosa does
and you can hang out at chuck e cheese all offseaon
for all I care.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonorajim View Post
The 2017 Chargers will have more wins than 2016. We have too many good-very good players and more quality on the coaching staff. It's guaranteed that we'll add talent in the draft -whether or not we take the most popular picks.
We were world class at playing and losing close games under McCoy. Those were winnable games that Lynn & Co will take an improved % of. Hopefully north of half, maybe most.

Everyone is accountable. We need to post a winning record in a very tough AFCW. It's doable but will take everyone's best effort.
Bingo, very wise words & %100 true.... The great John Wooden used to say above everything else "I want from my players 100% effort on every play every moment, that's what truly defines a player as a winner, no matter the talent level. If you don't give 100% effort you're always selling your self short. That's a big secret...
Old 04-19-2017, 11:19 AM
Rookie

Bosa joins Ingram, Gates, and Rivers in the skipping of voluntary workouts.

2 free passes, a franchise tag, and a DROY.

Long term outlook: Melvin and Joey aren't going to be career-long players for the Chargers like Gates and Rivers have been. And I can't say I blame them considering what ownership has put the team, players, and previous community through.

Lynn and the new coaching staff are definitely steps in the right direction. But they are baby steps. Gates and Rivers are probably more apathetic than anyone else on the roster. Ingram and Bosa probably can't wait to get away from the organization.

Sucks.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantRun View Post
Bosa joins Ingram, Gates, and Rivers in the skipping of voluntary workouts.

2 free passes, a franchise tag, and a DROY.

Long term outlook: Melvin and Joey aren't going to be career-long players for the Chargers like Gates and Rivers have been. And I can't say I blame them considering what ownership has put the team, players, and previous community through.

Lynn and the new coaching staff are definitely steps in the right direction. But they are baby steps. Gates and Rivers are probably more apathetic than anyone else on the roster. Ingram and Bosa probably can't wait to get away from the organization.

Sucks.
Unfathomable pinheadery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.