Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Smack Shack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where will the Raiduhs finish this year?
Division Champs! 0 0%
2nd 3 42.86%
3rd 3 42.86%
The Basement 1 14.29%
Conference Champs! 0 0%
Super Bowl Champions! 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 03-03-2017, 08:43 PM
Vengeance, Inc.'s Avatar
Vengeance, Inc. Vengeance, Inc. is offline
versus you
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
MEH. I think a rock and hard place is where the Bolts were, mostly due to Spanos' not being a very good business man. They would have stayed.
The Raiders have moved twice now looking at 3 times all because they wanted to. Was there any effort in Oakland at all?
The first move was a mistake but Al, among other things, saw greener pastures in the Los Angeles market. Ironically the same pastures Kroenke has now. One of Davis' problems was his lack of marketing, keeping the Raiders somewhat in a bat cave. The brand could sell itself for so much. But at least the Davis vs. Rozelle feud went down in football lore as a classic.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Vengeance, Inc.'s Avatar
Vengeance, Inc. Vengeance, Inc. is offline
versus you
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Don't see this at all. The raiders played a depleted team last year. Unlikely to occur again (I hope) and this time you'll see Bosa twice.

If your banking on Carr to be the difference maker, no a wise decision grasshopper.
Well he is as the playoffs showed. He's taken us to the next level, a 12-4 record with an abysmal defense. He's not perfect and still has plenty of room for growth. Hopefully (well for me anyways lol) he gets better than he is now, which is pretty good. But the Raiders won't go any further unless they fix that defense.

I still say we sweep.

Mack vs Bosa will be a great showdown for years to come.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Vengeance, Inc.'s Avatar
Vengeance, Inc. Vengeance, Inc. is offline
versus you
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
Vennie my man, I'm officially a Charger fan again, so I have to defend the Bolts...

First I'm a fan of Carr, hell of a good QB....
Philip Rivers is going to be fantastic...The pressure of success is off ( I know, I know)...
The SD Chargers do not officially exist anymore, but "we" (I love that word) can only get better....(I know, I know)...
The small stadium will keep out a lot of the Oakland Charger wannabees...LOL
And we will not lose 2 games to you guys this year..

Enough Smack:
Vennie my son, you are a fine guy...You are the nicest Raider fan I have ever known...
Thanks, GT. You're all right yourself despite the 32 teams you root for.

Have the Chargers fans taken you back? More importantly, how are those eyes?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-05-2017, 04:05 AM
chopper31's Avatar
chopper31 chopper31 is offline
<<< LA's finest football
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ...
Posts: 10,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance, Inc. View Post
Thanks, GT.

Have the Chargers fans taken you back?
__________________
Quote:
the Pats cheated, got 4 rings... good for them... we cheated and got 2 rings... yay for us!...

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-05-2017, 05:34 AM
GameTime's Avatar
GameTime GameTime is offline
The Prodigal Son Returns
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rocky Top
Posts: 6,424
Default

Vennie my man, there are times I feel like the dog that has pooped in his home and has been put outside in the cold for training.... (It wasn't 32 teams, it was only 19)


I have a glass eye now, but I have been in contact with a firm that tells me they can give me a bionic eye that will be able to see and do other wonderful things....My bride calls me her "Terminator Man." (I go and see them in 2 weeks for a closer evaluation)
__________________
The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-05-2017, 08:57 AM
Totally Bolted's Avatar
Totally Bolted Totally Bolted is online now
Moderator of Delusions
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Some where north of San Diego
Posts: 18,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance, Inc. View Post
Well he is as the playoffs showed. He's taken us to the next level, a 12-4 record with an abysmal defense. He's not perfect and still has plenty of room for growth. Hopefully (well for me anyways lol) he gets better than he is now, which is pretty good. But the Raiders won't go any further unless they fix that defense.

I still say we sweep.

Mack vs Bosa will be a great showdown for years to come.
Like you said, unless they fix that D.
No sweep.
You and I need another sig bet or bets. I'm sure you are up for it. We can talk as the season nears.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Vengeance, Inc.'s Avatar
Vengeance, Inc. Vengeance, Inc. is offline
versus you
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Bolted View Post
Like you said, unless they fix that D.
No sweep.
You and I need another sig bet or bets. I'm sure you are up for it. We can talk as the season nears.
Yes sir, a sig bet or two sounds good.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-06-2017, 07:54 AM
Vengeance, Inc.'s Avatar
Vengeance, Inc. Vengeance, Inc. is offline
versus you
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
Vennie my man, there are times I feel like the dog that has pooped in his home and has been put outside in the cold for training.... (It wasn't 32 teams, it was only 19)


I have a glass eye now, but I have been in contact with a firm that tells me they can give me a bionic eye that will be able to see and do other wonderful things....My bride calls me her "Terminator Man." (I go and see them in 2 weeks for a closer evaluation)
Yikes. Good luck sir.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 PM.


© 2017 Los Angeles Chargers. All Rights Reserved.