Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 01:30 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Is he reviewing the tape?
Nope - he's reviewing the tweets, waiting for the twitterverse to tell him where his next job is...

...after all, those twits always know everything before any mere human does.
Old Today, 02:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Palepoi is our Alualu.
Anthony Walker MIKE northwestern
Channing Stribling CB michigan
Elijah McGuire RB-WR louisiana lafayette
Storm Norton OT toledo

2017 woodMock v5
Old Today, 02:25 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

The first 72 hours of when Lynn became offensive coordinator:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...6-bcb59f32874d

There's some good things here. Though this part was the most hilarious for me. Every coach seems to ask Parcells for advice.
Quote:
Seeking advice
Thrust into the offensive coordinator’s role, Lynn had a good idea how he wanted to approach everything. He’s had a plan in place for quite some time, but inheriting the job and the offensive system in the throes of the season left him with questions. Knowing he didn’t have all the answers Lynn called one of his primary coaching mentors, Hall of Fame coach Bill Parcells.

“It was Saturday when I called,” said Lynn. “He’s been a mentor for me all along. We talk over the course of the offseason, and before every coaching interview I’ve ever gone into. He’s been there and done it and I wanted to pick his brain. He gave me some good advice.”

One of Parcells’ chief coaching principles has been to structure your scheme to the talent of your personnel. Much like his conversation with Wooden, Parcells stressed the importance of maximizing your players’ ability by allowing them to play fast.

“We talked about the volume of the offense and what players can handle and finding that sweet spot,” said Lynn. “You want to have enough options, but you don’t want to have too many because that’s going to hurt your personnel. So that was the message and it’s always been that. It’s just sometimes you need it reinforced.”

Parcells told him to cut the Bills voluminous offensive playbook in half. It was a bit further than Lynn even wanted to go, at which point the man he coached under in Dallas issued a threat.

“He made a statement,” Lynn said. “He said, ‘You better do it or I’m going to come to Buffalo and kick you’re a**.’”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!