Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Cha-gers View Post
I don't know, but IMO the Chargers should be doing their full due diligence on him to determine if he's worth bringing in or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 10-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Go Chargers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Yep! .... do you think the Chargers should skip the due diligence part and just bring him in? ..... or not? (smiley face)

I don't know what his status is behind the scenes from the recent events, that would be up to the Chargers to find out, but if he's not facing another long suspension or banishment from the league and he can get his stuff together, he's got intriguing talent, perhaps top 5 or 10 at his position, but that's only if he can get it together.

If Josh Gordon is waived as expected, I think we lost our #3 waiver claim slot starting this week, the waiver claim order is changing to this seasons W/L records so 0 - 3 teams will have first crack, then 1 - 2 etc., I don't know how they figure tie breakers, if Josh Gordon doesn't get claimed he'd be a FA.

Losing KA for the season has me yearning for a replacement to help our O, Josh Gordon has had his suspension issues to be sure, but he's also got some pretty rare talent when he's played, the cost is pretty low, if he can get it together why not?, if not, move on.

Go Chargers!
Old 10-01-2016, 05:37 PM

At this point, I don't think there is a team in the league that would touch this kid with a 10 foot pole.

Old 10-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Could we get Manziel in a package deal?
Old 10-01-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthommes View Post
Could we get Manziel in a package deal?

Old 10-02-2016, 02:46 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Cha-gers View Post
Yep! .... do you think the Chargers should skip the due diligence part and just bring him in? ..... or not? (smiley face)

I don't know what his status is behind the scenes from the recent events, that would be up to the Chargers to find out, but if he's not facing another long suspension or banishment from the league and he can get his stuff together, he's got intriguing talent, perhaps top 5 or 10 at his position, but that's only if he can get it together.

If Josh Gordon is waived as expected, I think we lost our #3 waiver claim slot starting this week, the waiver claim order is changing to this seasons W/L records so 0 - 3 teams will have first crack, then 1 - 2 etc., I don't know how they figure tie breakers, if Josh Gordon doesn't get claimed he'd be a FA.

Losing KA for the season has me yearning for a replacement to help our O, Josh Gordon has had his suspension issues to be sure, but he's also got some pretty rare talent when he's played, the cost is pretty low, if he can get it together why not?, if not, move on.

Go Chargers!
Wrong. Your first Ban will be because you haven't been following my posts. His talent is not intriguing with mystery, and he is not top 10 in the league. When this guy plays, he is off the freaking charts. Best in the league. Me typing this is all you need to know, however, that's why he stays in the headlines, that's why there is so much talky talk about him. If he was some Inman they would mention him once and he would be gone from the league.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:49 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
No. He's a lost cause. A guy like that missing all sorts of reps, playing time, etc, will have to work that much harder than the next guy. While others are keeping their nose clean and getting better, this guy will have to work 10x harder than them.

I know if he's hanging out with Manziel, he's doing coke. Look how bad Greg Hardy got.
He's done it before. Mr. Beast has come back from suspension and looked like he never even left.

He was literally selling used cars during one suspension (the dealership loved him and the customers did too. He was so popular the dealer told him he had a job there anytime, which probably means this week.) he left the lot after his suspension and destroyed face on the field.

It is just a shameful waste of great talent.

TT, Pay the Man !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
TT, Pay the Man !!!!!!!!!!!!!
So in other words, he's done in the NFL for good?

Old 10-02-2016, 10:11 AM
Go Chargers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
At this point, I don't think there is a team in the league that would touch this kid with a 10 foot pole.
It's possible CT, IMO it'll depend on what the league office decision is regarding another violation, I've read he had a 'slip up' which is why the Browns are moving on and plan to cut him loose and he's gone to rehab.

From NFL.com - Josh Gordon potentially violated NFL substances of abuse policy
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...f-abuse-policy

From ESPN.com - Josh Gordon actively shopped by Browns before entering rehab
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...entering-rehab

If his latest 'slip up' results in a long term suspension or he's banned for a yr or ever? that changes things, he's obviously running out of chances, maybe he's already there? .... undeniable talent and sad to see, I'd take a chance 'if' there's no long term punishment forthcoming.

Go Chargers!