Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who's the best Safety for the Chargers
Adams 25 35.21%
Hooker 36 50.70%
Peppers 4 5.63%
Evans 0 0%
Melifonwu 4 5.63%
Other (specify in thread) 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2017, 10:55 AM
Hall of Famer

We want corners and offensive players taken before us
Old 04-27-2017, 11:19 AM
glutton for punishment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dha View Post
I'm pretty sure Hooker will be there, he would still be there at #12 if we trade down. Thomas is doubtful.
I dunno... it seems like it is becoming more likely that Hooker AND Thomas will be there. Adams and Hooker were neck and neck among the scout opinions for a while but Adams has since taken off and could be selected as high as #2 overall. Likely selected 3rd. Now, if Mitch is selected #1 overall... then the Thomas dropping to #7 overall becomes even more likely... as I think the Jets will select a QB too.

Imagining Thomas, Bosa and Melvin all playing together up front in nickel gets me giddy. There is a question as to what happens on 1st down though... Thomas would be best suited on the end rather than in the middle... on passing downs, I think he slides inside next to Bosa or Melvin. Please... o please... drop to us.

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:36 PM
In Spanos We Trust

As draft day creeps up, neither. I have a feeling Telesco has tricks up his sleeves and will draft Garrett. He's too good of a player to pass by this year and he's in good position of Browns take Trubisky.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Inez Sainz = Jet Bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
As draft day creeps up, neither. I have a feeling Telesco has tricks up his sleeves and will draft Garrett. He's too good of a player to pass by this year and he's in good position of Browns take Trubisky.
Garret will not get past the second let alone the third pick so it will require a trade up. I'm just not sure what we will have to give up is worth it even for garret.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:20 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Dodger View Post
Forget about Garrett. It will be Thomas or Allen if the Chargers want a DE. I think J. Adams will be gone to. The safety and the OLiner will be at 2nd and 3rd.
Thomas or Allen- Luiget- Mebane- Bosa on DL. Wow!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maniaque 5
Old 04-27-2017, 04:32 PM
In Spanos We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzubeck View Post
Garret will not get past the second let alone the third pick so it will require a trade up. I'm just not sure what we will have to give up is worth it even for garret.
Browns are saying they're set on Garret, but who's to say they're just doing that to set up a draft frenzy and pick Trubisky instead before 49ers do. Supposedly 49ers want Trubisky, but if not they'll go with Watson perhaps.

That right there would set up a trade scenario with Chicago and they're not going to go with Garret, they have much bigger needs; however, they may hold that pick hostage to get the best trade value from teams in which I think Telesco can pull off.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:33 PM
In Spanos We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniaque 5 View Post
Forget about Garrett. It will be Thomas or Allen if the Chargers want a DE. I think J. Adams will be gone to. The safety and the OLiner will be at 2nd and 3rd.
Thomas or Allen- Luiget- Mebane- Bosa on DL. Wow!
Yeah, i'd be happy with either or, but more happy with Allen. That guy is just a straight beast and I know he's going to kill it in the NFL without a doubt!