Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Draft Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2017, 02:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Well...it just took a single throw for this football fan to take notice. Sam Darnold is a future star in the making. The world is his oyster and I think next year you will see an NFL team trade present and future draft picks along with the kitchen sink to attain Darnold the man with the golden arm.

That's if Sam decides to become pro. A stellar sophomore season with the Trojans pretty much assures him coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygobrett View Post
So good thing we didn't draft a QB this year!! Next year has to be our year to make a move. Who do you like? Is it too early for this?!

Darnold, Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Jarrett Stidham, Mason Rudolph, Josh Allen, Luke Falk....
Old 04-30-2017, 03:05 PM
Veteran

I don't believe we will be in the running for The Darnold but we could grab Josh Allen/Josh Rosen in less pricey draft trade. At the end of the day I think this team wins 10 games this year and ends up passing on a QB until 2020 the season Rivers contract ends.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:45 PM
Madness? This is Chargers

We decided to go with an SS prospect in Jenkins rather than a developmental QB like Dobbs. Was this a good idea given the fact that we already had Addae (and paid him handsomely as well) on the roster? Playing devil's advocate since I was more worried about getting Rivers help, than finding his replacement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unleash the Rivers!!!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Hall of Famer

What good is a fourth round development QB? He won't be a franchise giy and backups are easy to find. I was hoping they would let Clemens walk and they sign somebody else. Getting Jenkins means Stuckey may very well be out and Addae's contract is an easy out after 2019.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:12 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
We decided to go with an SS prospect in Jenkins rather than a developmental QB like Dobbs. Was this a good idea given the fact that we already had Addae (and paid him handsomely as well) on the roster? Playing devil's advocate since I was more worried about getting Rivers help, than finding his replacement.
Addae gets hurt often and I'm okay with picking a guy with more upside that can replace Addae as well. I seriously don't get our FO infatuation with him so I'm all for getting him outta the starting spot asap.

I get the want to go get a developmental QB, but what would they do? Sit behind rivers for another 2-3 years? Think it's a year too early if anything to draft one. And how often do teams usually bring up a later round guy and stick to them more than one year before drafting one early in the 1st or 2nd?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:57 AM
Hall of Famer

I only say draft one next year because not only does there seem to be a fair amount of talent coming out, but a few "QB needy" teams made their move this year. With the amount of talent coming out next year, the price tag to make a move may be lower, or we may not need to move up at all to grab one.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
how about drafting a developmental OL like Tevi instead of a developemental QB like Chad Kelley (NFL arm and tools)?
1. Reuben Foster (get a top 5 player without a top 5 pick. Foster will be an absolute monster in the pros). Never enough LBs in the NFL and guys like#51 dont belong in the starting lineup.
2. OL
3. Brad Kaaya (time to look forward to a new era at QB)
4. Joe Mixon RB (talented back who'll drop for off field altercation 2 years ago).
Old 05-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Chad Kelly is a punk. Screw that guy. He has a name and that's it.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Hall of Famer

I am guessing there are a couple of guys Chargers would have picked in the 2nd (like MAYBE Mahomes), but were gone well before that anyway.

Then guys like Dobbs, it really just depends on how the Chargers graded him. Maybe they think he projects to a backup at best, in which case he may not even be on their board (or very late.)

Chiefs went way up to get Mahomes at 10, I like him but in watching complete game highlights...he needs a lot of work. His footwork looks really bad, I feel like he shouldn't even be the Chiefs' #2 QB this season. You better really love him to spend 2 #1's and a 3rd to get him, because with him you're projecting an awful lot to get him where he needs to be.

Last edited by Crime Time; 05-01-2017 at 01:22 PM..