Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2017, 07:09 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger View Post
Don't sleep on this guy. He is a solid receiver, good hands and tough after the catch. I can see him getting playing time initially on punt returns. Dependable receiver.
If Scott can bring it, looks like Isaiah Burse could be on the bubble...
Old 05-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
IMHO.
Just ask Gus.
Good choice!
Odds are he'll play his D principles modified to best use what we have.
Guys like Bosa, Mebane, Liuget, Ingram, Attaochu, Perryman, J Brown, Verrett, Hayward are obvious fits, at least IMO.
We have a bunch not named above that have some quality attributes. I know I'm looking forward to seeing how we shape up.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Hall of Famer

So the NFL got rid of the 75 man roster cut during the preseason. So it looks like a few will have some extra time to make an impression to make the 53 man roster.

Also the NFL is allowing two players to come back from IR this year. Some nice changes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:12 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
So the NFL got rid of the 75 man roster cut during the preseason. So it looks like a few will have some extra time to make an impression to make the 53 man roster.

Also the NFL is allowing two players to come back from IR this year. Some nice changes.
I also saw that they are looking into making roster exemptions for concussed players.

They should just open up the roster to more players already.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowYourBolts View Post
I also saw that they are looking into making roster exemptions for concussed players.

They should just open up the roster to more players already.
That would be great actually. I still dont understand why only 45 guys can be active on game day. Just let the teams activate all 53 guys already. More players on hand in case of injury is not bad for the game. Like seriously.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Power of 51

Quote:
That would be great actually. I still dont understand why only 45 guys can be active on game day. Just let the teams activate all 53 guys already. More players on hand in case of injury is not bad for the game. Like seriously.
Hell, we could probably use 106 of them..........

Old 05-23-2017, 05:22 PM
Embrace the change

Quote:
Yeah, I've never understood why they have held on so hard to that number over the years. Those 8 guys who are not active are still getting paid as if they were.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltinabottle View Post
Lowery is a couple steps behind to defend every other play. The refusal to contest a play for fear being penalized is not what we want to see on the field.

McCoil didn't impress as much as during the pre-season. Pagano utilized McCoils height to defend hail mary's at the tail end of the game. He could use more muscle/ weight on him if Bradley wants to use him to stop the run. 50 to 50 he remains on the roster.

Stuckey is reliable and can mentor the rookies/ young defenders in Phillips, McDonald and Jenkins on special teams. He has value for this season. I think he stays on the roster.

Boston is able to make reads and the anticipate/ ball skills to plays vs the pass. He has playoff experience. Good get.
Do we save any capspace if we cut Lowery? I wasn't impressed with his play... he's definitely lost a step and shouldn't be a starter. Depending on his contract, he may be too expensive to keep as a backup.
I believe starting FS is Boston's to lose.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:17 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborglives View Post
Do we save any capspace if we cut Lowery? I wasn't impressed with his play... he's definitely lost a step and shouldn't be a starter. Depending on his contract, he may be too expensive to keep as a backup.
I believe starting FS is Boston's to lose.
That can easily play out to be the conclusion.

We drafted Miami and Iowa to help too. If one of those rises..........he can be a wildcard at starting FS.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Yes if one of our draft picks translates to a starter, then you can say TT has a knack for finding football talent.

From Lynn's comments after the draft, I think the Chargers we're targeting Jamal Adams. Just missed our starting safety, for the next decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
That can easily play out to be the conclusion.

We drafted Miami and Iowa to help too. If one of those rises..........he can be a wildcard at starting FS.