Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I am not into player autographs. I don't see the point. However, I would do just about anything to have Rivers sign my Rivers jersey.
Great post....
Old 10-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm View Post
sorry man, but this is terrible. Never interrupt anyone eating with their family man.
In my book, it's not a big deal if it is (1) very brief, (2) respectful, and (3) appropriately timed (i.e., not while he is eating or interrupting a conversation with family).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by chargertom; 10-19-2016 at 07:09 AM..
Old 10-18-2016, 10:37 AM
Rookie

Quote:
sorry man, but this is terrible. Never interrupt anyone eating with their family man.
Yeah I thought the same. Athletes and entertainers know it comes with the territory. I for one, wouldn't want to be bothered while I eat, especially if I'm trying to share a meal with my family.

But with that said, Rivers2Gates49 handled it right. Just a quick greeting and congrats, nothing wrong with that. Now if he tried to get him to sign some crap and take a bunch of pictures while Phil is trying to enjoy time with his family (yes there is plenty of fans who would do such things) than yeah, that's messed up.

Last edited by chargertom; 10-19-2016 at 07:09 AM..
Old 10-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Hall of Famer

Philip is probably used to people coming up to him. I would not go up to him during his meal. If it was before his food arrived, it seems ok.

In an earlier post, I mentioned seeing T. Gwynn in the community. I saw him at his son's high school basketball game. Everyone left him alone. I think he would not have minded if anyone had gone up to him. Philip is the same kind of person.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:18 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I will say, I sat next to Tony Gwynn on an airplane in first class on a flight from Las Vegas to San Diego. He had put on a hitting clinic in Las Vegas, and was evidently quite tired, so I said nothing to him, let him rest. As it happened, he was gracious enough to get my bag out of the overhead bin, and I said, "Thank you, Mr. Gwynn. Have a good evening!," then stepped off the plane.

Last edited by chargertom; 10-18-2016 at 02:33 PM..
Old 10-18-2016, 11:34 AM
Experienced

Default Star sightings...

I used to coach travel baseball and while warming up my players between games saw Trevor Hoffman and his bulldog in the stands.. He was getting approached by everyone, he was still a player and came out to the field we were in.
I had my ball bucket by the fence which he sat on to watch his boys play and my team wanted to go talk to him. I told them to just warm up, he's just a dad trying to watch his kids play. He thanked me, called me coach and carried on. Class act.
Old 10-18-2016, 12:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Very cool.

I would have probably slipped walking up to his table.. Then walk back to my table and ask for the bill.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:14 AM
Hall of Famer

What concerned me was reading that Grif Whalen is a 'vegan'.
Could Rivers and other Chargers please persuade Whalen to start eating hamburgers...and maybe even steaks?
Thank you.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:27 AM
Veteran

did he call any timeouts while you were there? or make any fidgety moves with his arms?
Old 10-19-2016, 02:14 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner View Post
did he call any timeouts while you were there? or make any fidgety moves with his arms?
I promise you 30 minutes before bedtime those kids get put on 3 timeouts.

Promise you.