Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Default Aaron Rodgers Quits Talking To His Family

Aaron Rodgers' performance has come under fire this season as the Green Bay Packers have slumped to a 4-5 record. Now his personal life is coming under scrutiny, too.

Bleacher Report's Tyler Dunne published a long feature about Rodgers on Friday that paints the Packers passer as a man who has isolated himself from some of his teammates and, more notably, his family.

According to Dunne, Rodgers hasn't spoken to his immediate family in two years. We first heard about the schism when Rodgers' brother, Jordan, was a contestant (and eventual winner) on "The Bachelorette."

Dunne writes:
One source, who was close to Rodgers for years but is among the many who have since been cut off by Rodgers entirely, said the quarterback has not spoken to his family since December 2014. Don't feel too bad, J-Mike. Immediate family members don't even have his cellphone number. When Mom and Dad sent Christmas presents to the quarterback and his girlfriend that year, the source said, those gifts were mailed back in February. He was set to be the groomsman in the wedding of one of his closest friends, the source said, and texted the day before he couldn't attend.

He didn't attend his grandfather's funeral - the same grandfather he once called before every game.

He fired a business manager he's known since high school.

The family was told they were no longer welcome in Green Bay. If Dad wants to attend a game now, he buys tickets on StubHub or goes through another player's family.

Nowhere in Dunne's reporting is an explanation for why Rodgers has chosen this route. No one, outside Rodgers himself and perhaps his family, seems to know why this has happened.

Rodgers' former teammate, tight end Jermichael Finley, criticized Rodgers as a locker-room leader, too.

"In my opinion, he's a different guy," Finley said. "I didn't really know how he showed his leadership. He wasn't a vocal guy. He really wasn't a hands-on guy. To tell you the truth, it was all about his game and his stats in my opinion. … He was a guy that kept it all in. He kept grudges close to his chest. If you did something, he never really let it go. He always kept it close to his heart.

"I just don't think he was a natural-born leader. He wasn't put on Earth to lead."

It's unclear if Rodgers' disposition and approach to relationships has changed since his NFL MVP seasons in 2011 and 2014, so it's impossible to say whether it has affected his play on the field. The Packers certainly have more problems than just Rodgers - in fact, his level of play may not rank among the team's 10 biggest issues.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...cid=spartanntp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 11-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Hall of Famer

i hate how because you're a QB you're expected to be a saint. only drew brees is man. i dont care about people's personal lives.

Old 11-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

At what point is any of this verified? BR remains faux news until otherwise proven.

Expect this to be cited as a "source" now and appear in countless other places.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:07 PM
<<< LA's finest football

Rodgers may end up being the GOAT by the time he wraps up his career.

So I can understand that only a select few are worthy to talk to him. Olivia Munn understandably is one of the chosen few....

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 11-18-2016, 04:07 PM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

You mean Bleacher Report isn't legit?

Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 11-18-2016, 08:36 PM
Hall of Famer

It must be his gf.

Packer fans were blaming Aaron's poor performance this season on everything from becoming a vegan, cutting cheese out of his diet, drinking scotch after games and his gf. Smart money was on the girl. It's always the girl
Old 11-19-2016, 12:26 AM
Learn to THINK

His brother is a strange, narcissistic cat . . . must run in the family.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:00 PM
Hall of Famer

As the line in your commercial says, no one comes into Aaron's families house without paying the price. Not here not ever!

His family life is his business. Dude's human and we can't say it's not affecting his work. I bet if he works his personal relationships out his game will suddenly come back. His level of play is literally night and day from a couple years ago. He could do no wrong and when he is clicking he is as close to a perfect QB as one can be.

Last edited by ltinabottle; 11-20-2016 at 05:04 PM..
Old 11-20-2016, 06:16 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
It must be his gf.

Packer fans were blaming Aaron's poor performance this season on everything from becoming a vegan, cutting cheese out of his diet, drinking scotch after games and his gf. Smart money was on the girl. It's always the girl
This. And a gf who causes this much divide in a family can't be good...

Then again, maybe AR got into it with his family over his brothers involvement in the bachorette or whatever it was.

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud22 View Post
At what point is any of this verified? BR remains faux news until otherwise proven.

Expect this to be cited as a "source" now and appear in countless other places.
A source close to the situation.