Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Ownership, Management & Coaching
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2016, 05:56 AM
Moderator of Insanity

Carolina thoughts
Quote:
On John Pagano….

“I think John is a very bright and intelligent football coach, I really do. I really enjoyed my time working with John because John gave me a little bit of insight into offensive football. He started as an offensive quality control guy and really understood that part of it. So getting out there in San Diego and having him as basically my right hand guy, he was terrific. I think he’s doing a great job. I love his aggressive nature and I love his creativity. He has a future in this league and hopefully he’ll continue to get opportunities and get a chance to be a head coach someday.” – HC Ron Rivera

On Chargers Defense….

“(They are a) very opportunistic defense that I think they have are at the top three, if not leading the league, in takeaways. I have to be very accurate with the ball. I have to protect the football vs. this team.” – QB Cam Newton

“They are just good. They do a lot of unique things and it is going to be a good challenge for us, one we are really looking forward to.” – OT Mike Remmers
http://www.chargers.com/news/2016/12...ng-about-bolts
Old 12-10-2016, 06:55 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Back View Post
What has Pagano done to justify being retained as the DC for so many years?
Boy, we must be running out of stuff to complain about, if we have to start a thread like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 12-10-2016, 08:52 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion butts View Post
Think we need biggest fan in here. He would love to discuss the pros and cons of John pagano.
Ha...so truth.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Is anyone happy with our defense? We have alot of int's but last I checked we were ranked bottom 10 in points allowed. We have a few studs. Still bad at getting pressure on the QB. I will give them that they are ranked 3rd against the run. Not sure how they are pulling this out but they are having success. Yes, there are much worse defenses than the Chargers. Yes I think after how many years with Pags we should be better if he's such a great DC. The odd thing is the offense right now is what's losing games for us so we really cannot blame the defense for our primary woes. Still, Pagano in my book gets passes every year here it seems.

Biggest Fan
Old 12-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestfan View Post
Is anyone happy with our defense? We have alot of int's but last I checked we were ranked bottom 10 in points allowed. We have a few studs. Still bad at getting pressure on the QB. I will give them that they are ranked 3rd against the run. Not sure how they are pulling this out but they are having success. Yes, there are much worse defenses than the Chargers. Yes I think after how many years with Pags we should be better if he's such a great DC. The odd thing is the offense right now is what's losing games for us so we really cannot blame the defense for our primary woes. Still, Pagano in my book gets passes every year here it seems.
How much of that is attributed to our offense being a turnover machine?
Old 12-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Boy, we must be running out of stuff to complain about, if we have to start a thread like this.
There are alot of things to complain about. Pagano is just on of the items on my list. Stay tuned more to come.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Since 2010 pags has received 20 players within first 4 picks compared to 9 for all the OC.

This is a learn as you earn job if you have not noticed by FO hires. So why not keep moving the water boy to QB coach to learn a from Rivers.

I would like Pags to just observe how the game is flowing so he can call plays in the 4th qtr that actually hold teams to FG not TD.

Can someone look up how many points we give up in 4th compared to how many 3 and outs.

I just would loved to see what this team would look like if they used 20 picks on offense.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:01 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida SD fan View Post
Since 2010 pags has received 20 players within first 4 picks compared to 9 for all the OC.

This is a learn as you earn job if you have not noticed by FO hires. So why not keep moving the water boy to QB coach to learn a from Rivers.

I would like Pags to just observe how the game is flowing so he can call plays in the 4th qtr that actually hold teams to FG not TD.

Can someone look up how many points we give up in 4th compared to how many 3 and outs.

I just would loved to see what this team would look like if they used 20 picks on offense.
Then you really won't like this: I would go at least 2-3 FA and 2 early picks on defense. Shore it up, and become steady stoppers of teams on defense. It starts there.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:43 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Then you really won't like this: I would go at least 2-3 FA and 2 early picks on defense. Shore it up, and become steady stoppers of teams on defense. It starts there.
I'm with you. Along with good free agents on defense. This is the first year in a long time we made some good free agent moves defensively. Look at what the Giants did. Last year they were terrible on defense. They signed solid defensive starters and drafted a good corner. They are ranked 19th but 9th in points allowed. We need to focus more still on defense

Biggest Fan
Old 12-12-2016, 08:05 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestfan View Post
I'm with you. Along with good free agents on defense. This is the first year in a long time we made some good free agent moves defensively. Look at what the Giants did. Last year they were terrible on defense. They signed solid defensive starters and drafted a good corner. They are ranked 19th but 9th in points allowed. We need to focus more still on defense
The real question, why does biggestfan get a free pass?