Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2017, 05:42 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Scott and BR are doing a big segment about how Modell kept the Browns name in Cleveland.
Yes, the circumstances are so much alike...

Browns started out in Cleveland as the Browns. Never moved to another city until Modell moved the team.

Chargers started out in LA as the Chargers. After a year, moved the Chargers to SD, and are now moving back to LA.

I personally hate them moving - really dislike how they have handled it - but the two situations are vastly different and in the case of the Chargers, they started their existence in LA as the Chargers.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseWins View Post

Browns started out in Cleveland as the Browns. Never moved to another city until Modell moved the team.

Chargers started out in LA as the Chargers. After a year, moved the Chargers to SD, and are now moving back to LA.

I personally hate them moving - really dislike how they have handled it - but the two situations are vastly different and in the case of the Chargers, they started their existence in LA as the Chargers.
Great, Great Grandmama woodeye was a St. Louis Browns fan...
Old 01-18-2017, 07:37 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Great, Great Grandmama woodeye was a St. Louis Browns fan...
Baseball...
Old 01-18-2017, 10:23 PM
Rookie

It took a few days, but 1090 has lost me as a loyal listener. It's very sad but after doing nothing but talking about them for what seems like forever, they now see their own writing on the wall. They cant deal with what the future will bring them, which is that their job is basically over. I switched to 570 radio today and listened to roggin and the festivities. It's nice to then listen to the interviews and hosts with positive attitudes vs. venue.

Chargers did the right thing for their team and the city of San Diego did what they also had to do. There was real only a small group of core loyal fans, certainly not large enough to keep them. The vote results were really telling, so was attendance and ticket resale. I always said that chargers in San Diego were a small market team that will never have the funds to launch the financial assault required to be a real contender. Perhaps now the road is paved?

I hope time will heal and the old fans eventually come back to the fold. In the mean time, I look forward to a small venue, and a kick-ass team in 2017! A Charger fan, no matter where they are at.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:56 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerJoe View Post
It took a few days, but 1090 has lost me as a loyal listener. It's very sad but after doing nothing but talking about them for what seems like forever, they now see their own writing on the wall. They cant deal with what the future will bring them, which is that their job is basically over. I switched to 570 radio today and listened to roggin and the festivities. It's nice to then listen to the interviews and hosts with positive attitudes vs. venue.

Chargers did the right thing for their team and the city of San Diego did what they also had to do. There was real only a small group of core loyal fans, certainly not large enough to keep them. The vote results were really telling, so was attendance and ticket resale. I always said that chargers in San Diego were a small market team that will never have the funds to launch the financial assault required to be a real contender. Perhaps now the road is paved?

I hope time will heal and the old fans eventually come back to the fold. In the mean time, I look forward to a small venue, and a kick-ass team in 2017! A Charger fan, no matter where they are at.
Welcome CJ. You do know there is a league wide Cap System in place, right ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:58 AM
Power of 51

Quote:

Mod Silly errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrSpecialTeamsWi ns destroying Mod Tom ??

I love complications. I play them like a violin. Now what to do..........help to destroy, defend Tom, or silently wait to pounce at the right moment.

I'm guessing number 3 ain't happening.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:36 PM
Rookie

That is an excellent point. It sure seems like the big markets get the lions share of success. Perhaps the misc benefits of big city are not given due credit. For Example, trainers coaches, facilities, and of course the enticement of players to the "big stage"?
Old 01-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Baseball...
That's the Cardinals.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:56 PM
Moderator of Delusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
No kidding. I can't listen to 1090 anymore. Yesterday, Scott Kaplan was going off about "organizing the fans", and finding a contractor to make urinal cake holders with Spanos' face on them. Aside from the "class", I was thinking -- organize the fans NOW??!!

Bunch of putzes.
Kaplan wants the freaking Raiders in SD! I'd like to tie that guy up by his

The best Offense is a good Defense.

Last edited by DefenseWins; 01-19-2017 at 03:55 PM..
Old 01-19-2017, 03:54 PM
Moderator of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
I love complications. I play them like a violin. Now what to do..........help to destroy, defend Tom, or silently wait to pounce at the right moment.

I'm guessing number 3 ain't happening.
I suspect that you will go with number 2...