Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2017, 10:17 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Eric Weddle during Pro Bowl week:

"I'll give you guys a really inside story. It happened two nights ago. We were all hanging out at the bar. It was me, Philip, Bobby Wagner, Von Miller, Harrison Smith and a couple other guys. And Von comes up - and we're just talking about games and experiences - and Von goes on this seven-minute dissertation of how much he loves, respects and admires Philip and thinks he's one of the best quarterbacks in this league.

"And he goes off and says, 'Look who he played with and [he still] beat us!' He's just like, 'That guy right there is amazing.'

"Honestly to players, players know, like, players know you come here, and you could have a couple games … but they know how good you are. Really, at the bottom line, who you play with, what you're playing with, the team, the scheme - they know. So it was a perfect example of one of the best players in this league - [one of] the greatest people - was literally talking to Phil and telling him how much he thinks he's the best quarterback in the league. And he was really being honest about it. It was awesome just to see that."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 01-29-2017, 03:43 PM
Hall of Famer

That's awesome. I love our QB.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:06 PM
more mojo please

Von knows
He's a football guy in addition to a great player and athlete

Old 01-29-2017, 04:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Thanks for the post, CT! Nice to hear respect for a Charger.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:44 PM
more mojo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDevil88 View Post
It's funny because apparently where you're from determines your favorite team. you know it's nothing to do with choices or preferences or enjoying/caring for players... Only the city matters.

What's next? A wall to keep out non city living fans? That would be funny. Then expect us to pay for it... Yeah like that's even possible

*Sigh*
Personally could care less if you're from SD or from Alaska if you root for the Chargers that's all that matters to make me hate you slightly less than the other humans on earth.
People follow teams for different reasons, I'm not blaming ANYONE for not being a fan of the Chargers. I think there are a handful of good reasons to stop, and moving towns is definitely one of them.
I just think it's ridiculous to be criticized for STAYING THE COURSE

as if critics know my priorities and what I value as important

My daughter is my life but when she's wrong (as she often can be), I make her apologize and make right.

So although she's the most important priority, doesn't mean her pride is more important than respecting other people

Old 01-29-2017, 07:21 PM

Rivers is in right now.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-30-2017, 08:58 AM
Moderator of Delusions

So PR plays his last game as a San Diego Charger, ESPN makes the same statement, but lists PR and Hayward in the players list during the game as LAC.

Yeah they really cared....

The best Offense is a good Defense.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:12 PM
Hall of Famer

On his own show, Darren Smith, complemented Phillip Rivers for his comments in support of current or former fans of the San Diego Chargers.

He gave major props for Rivers genuine concerns for the fans dealing with the loss of NFL football in San Diego. He dedicated the Pro Bowl as his final game as a San Diego Charger and asked LA fans to be patient as he adjusts to the change in team and location.

Rivers is a class act and deserves much respect for treating San Diego Charger fans with some dignity. This can only be good karma for him moving forward. Best of luck to Rivers in leading this franchise.

Overall, the game was much much more competitive than last year where the players didn't show any effort at tall. I'm glad they scrapped the Hall of Famers from coaching and drafting players. It clearly showed in the AFC and NFC performance last night.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:42 AM
OOPs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
Eric Weddle during Pro Bowl week:

"I'll give you guys a really inside story. It happened two nights ago. We were all hanging out at the bar. It was me, Philip, Bobby Wagner, Von Miller, Harrison Smith and a couple other guys. And Von comes up - and we're just talking about games and experiences - and Von goes on this seven-minute dissertation of how much he loves, respects and admires Philip and thinks he's one of the best quarterbacks in this league.

"And he goes off and says, 'Look who he played with and [he still] beat us!' He's just like, 'That guy right there is amazing.'

"Honestly to players, players know, like, players know you come here, and you could have a couple games … but they know how good you are. Really, at the bottom line, who you play with, what you're playing with, the team, the scheme - they know. So it was a perfect example of one of the best players in this league - [one of] the greatest people - was literally talking to Phil and telling him how much he thinks he's the best quarterback in the league. And he was really being honest about it. It was awesome just to see that."
Heck I was thinking of getting a Number 1 and a Number two for the Guy this year in a trade, but after reading that, Two numbers ones are in order !