Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Season Ticket Holders and Ticket Inquiries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2017, 07:15 PM
Rookie

First time season ticket purchaser here ...

So my "Seat Selection Window" is the following:

Quote:
Starting: Mon. Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:00am

Ending: Tues. Mar 21, 2017 at 5:00pm
I'm actually ready to buy them now, though. lol When I click on "Click Here to Select Seats," it tells me that none of the seats are available. Is this because my window isn't open yet? I figured I could gameplan on which seats to get, and pass the info to my brother who might also go in on them with me.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:22 PM
Rookie

you can't see the seats till your window... if you can find a third person a lot of the seats left seem to be in sets of three. see the quotes on pages 24 and 25
Old 03-18-2017, 04:30 AM
Release DJ Fluker!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Chargers/co..._availability/

Seems there is about 1130 seats left.

It's weird you guys have to select 3 to see more. When it was our turn, it just showed all seats and you click/choose what you want. I didn't have to select how many seats beforehand like a recliner seat movie theatre.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/Chargers/co..._availability/

Seems there is about 1130 seats left.

It's weird you guys have to select 3 to see more. When it was our turn, it just showed all seats and you click/choose what you want. I didn't have to select how many seats beforehand like a recliner seat movie theatre.
I am surprised there are still seats available. After all the waves that have gone through and only being 30,000 seats.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANB82 View Post
I am surprised there are still seats available. After all the waves that have gone through and only being 30,000 seats.
Hmmm...I'm wondering how many seats are REALLY left. I think it's more than we know or anybody even sees. Why? Well, on 3/11, somebody here said there were about 1,000. Then on 3/15 somebody said 1,100. Then today somebody says about 1,130. People keep buying seats, but the available count seems to remain somewhat constant.

Also, when I bought mine, other than the $700 seats and the $3,750 seats, virtually every other every section had available seats. I got seats in section 232 which is the upper section between the 40 yard lines. But in the bordering sections to 232 which go all the way down to around the 20 yard line, most of those seats weren't available. And they are the same price as 232. Why would anyone buy seats on the 20 yard line on the same level of the stadium when they could get 50 yard line seats for the same price??? This phenomena was true all over the stadium. You could also see the same type of thing going on within each section themselves. It was like the seats that were available were almost random. That doesn't make sense to me. The seats I was able to get were virtually exactly what I was hoping for. I didn't think I would even have a chance for those.

Sounds like a bit of a conspiracy theory here, but is it possible they are just showing a constant amount of seats available to create a buzz that it's almost sold out and actually showing seats being unavailable that really are??
Old 03-18-2017, 10:42 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieb View Post
Hmmm...I'm wondering how many seats are REALLY left. I think it's more than we know or anybody even sees. Why? Well, on 3/11, somebody here said there were about 1,000. Then on 3/15 somebody said 1,100. Then today somebody says about 1,130. People keep buying seats, but the available count seems to remain somewhat constant.

Also, when I bought mine, other than the $700 seats and the $3,750 seats, virtually every other every section had available seats. I got seats in section 232 which is the upper section between the 40 yard lines. But in the bordering sections to 232 which go all the way down to around the 20 yard line, most of those seats weren't available. And they are the same price as 232. Why would anyone buy seats on the 20 yard line on the same level of the stadium when they could get 50 yard line seats for the same price??? This phenomena was true all over the stadium. You could also see the same type of thing going on within each section themselves. It was like the seats that were available were almost random. That doesn't make sense to me. The seats I was able to get were virtually exactly what I was hoping for. I didn't think I would even have a chance for those.

Sounds like a bit of a conspiracy theory here, but is it possible they are just showing a constant amount of seats available to create a buzz that it's almost sold out and actually showing seats being unavailable that really are??
If that were the case, why wouldn't they make blocks of 4 available so tickets would sell faster?

Just going on personal experience and a stadium tour not being available for us, LTOCB and I were able to get the last remaining 3 seats in Section 235 that were high up in the stands (no 4 seat blocks were available anywhere except for the very expensive seats). There were seats in Sections 232 - 234 that were closer to the field, but we elected to take the NN row.

Why you ask? Taking comments from stadium tour attendees into account and looking at stadium pictures, it appears that seats in the lower portions of Sections 232 - 235 are going to be in the sun for the majority of the games while upper seating will have shading from the roof.

Unless something nefarious is happening other than people who initially put down the first payment pulling out due to the price, I'm not surprised that the odd number of seat availability blocks has led to a situation where just over a 1,000 seats remain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Glad you guys were able to get seats!!!!!
Old 03-19-2017, 05:54 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieb View Post

I think you are right about this. I was 4th wave of current Season Tickets holders on Feb 23rd at 9am. A lot of the high end seats were not available at time. I never thought the waiting list folks would have a chance to buy tickets. Good for all the new Season Ticket Holders with tickets being available still.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:06 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIANB82 View Post
I think you are right about this. I was 4th wave of current Season Tickets holders on Feb 23rd at 9am. A lot of the high end seats were not available at time. I never thought the waiting list folks would have a chance to buy tickets. Good for all the new Season Ticket Holders with tickets being available still.
I was on the 23rd too and it appeared almost all sections except for the $700 were vastly available. To me it's been making a natural progression and has slowed down considerably since all that's left is expensive seats for non prior ticket holders.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
I was on the 23rd too and it appeared almost all sections except for the $700 were vastly available. To me it's been making a natural progression and has slowed down considerably since all that's left is expensive seats for non prior ticket holders.
The purchased tickets seemed to follow a pretty linear progression from the least-expensive toward the most-expensive. (They sure priced those tix at the top of the scale that the product could support).