Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Default Jordan Beane Leaving The Chargers

The Chargers are leaving, but I’m staying – and I want to work for you as a progressive voice for San Diego city council’s district 2.

“Why?”

That’s one question I frequently hear when I tell people about my plan to leave the Chargers, stay in America’s Finest City, and run as a progressive choice for San Diego’s District 2 City Council seat.

“Why?”

To most people, I’ve spent the past decade living a charmed life. While plenty pay to watch NFL games in person, I was paid to cover them. I’ve co-hosted my own television show, celebrated in locker rooms after playoff victories, and traveled the country on chartered planes. I’ve lost count of the number of people, of all walks of life, who told me they’d switch me places in an instant.

I’m beyond grateful for those experiences, but after nine seasons, trips to 32 NFL cities, and 183 games, I realized I could no longer lie to myself. I needed to do something that made a difference. I needed to do something that mattered.

Don’t get me wrong – sports play an incredibly important role in many of our lives. They provide a few wonderful hours of escape from an ever disheartening reality. I still can’t believe my luck that I got to cover America’s most popular sport so intimately. Heck, I got to watch ESPN & check Twitter for legitimate work purposes!

Yet, as I read about the catastrophic effects of climate change, it became tougher for me to care about who the Chiefs’ inactives were. The more homeless people I saw on the street, ignored like they were simply a part of our city’s scenery & devoid of human dignity, the less concerned I was about how the Bolts might slow down Von Miller. The scarcity of good offensive linemen around the NFL became insignificant when I realized our scarcity of affordable housing. It’s time for me to move away from a daily life of bread and circuses and work to make San Diego better.

This is not a sudden realization.

About a year ago, I was in Houston as NFL owners decided the fate of three franchises. While I wasn’t sure of the outcome, I ruminated over the idea of leaving San Diego, a place my wife and I had called home for four years. We didn’t grow up in America’s Finest City, but we’d quickly made San Diego our home, developing friendships that felt more like family. We also loved our neighborhood of Pacific Beach – the attitude, the walkability, the small town charm near the heart of America’s 8th largest city. So when it was announced that the Chargers would be staying in San Diego for 2016, I realized it was an opportunity for me as well.

Read the rest here: https://jordanbeane.com/why-im-runni...-city-council/

Good luck to Jordan. He's been great for Chargers fan with his behind the scenes stories and coverage.

Wishing him nothing but success.

Thanks, Jordan!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-07-2017, 11:05 AM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom View Post
The Chargers are leaving, but I’m staying – and I want to work for you as a progressive voice for San Diego city council’s district 2.

“Why?”

That’s one question I frequently hear when I tell people about my plan to leave the Chargers, stay in America’s Finest City, and run as a progressive choice for San Diego’s District 2 City Council seat.

“Why?”

To most people, I’ve spent the past decade living a charmed life. While plenty pay to watch NFL games in person, I was paid to cover them. I’ve co-hosted my own television show, celebrated in locker rooms after playoff victories, and traveled the country on chartered planes. I’ve lost count of the number of people, of all walks of life, who told me they’d switch me places in an instant.

I’m beyond grateful for those experiences, but after nine seasons, trips to 32 NFL cities, and 183 games, I realized I could no longer lie to myself. I needed to do something that made a difference. I needed to do something that mattered.

Don’t get me wrong – sports play an incredibly important role in many of our lives. They provide a few wonderful hours of escape from an ever disheartening reality. I still can’t believe my luck that I got to cover America’s most popular sport so intimately. Heck, I got to watch ESPN & check Twitter for legitimate work purposes!

Yet, as I read about the catastrophic effects of climate change, it became tougher for me to care about who the Chiefs’ inactives were. The more homeless people I saw on the street, ignored like they were simply a part of our city’s scenery & devoid of human dignity, the less concerned I was about how the Bolts might slow down Von Miller. The scarcity of good offensive linemen around the NFL became insignificant when I realized our scarcity of affordable housing. It’s time for me to move away from a daily life of bread and circuses and work to make San Diego better.

This is not a sudden realization.

About a year ago, I was in Houston as NFL owners decided the fate of three franchises. While I wasn’t sure of the outcome, I ruminated over the idea of leaving San Diego, a place my wife and I had called home for four years. We didn’t grow up in America’s Finest City, but we’d quickly made San Diego our home, developing friendships that felt more like family. We also loved our neighborhood of Pacific Beach – the attitude, the walkability, the small town charm near the heart of America’s 8th largest city. So when it was announced that the Chargers would be staying in San Diego for 2016, I realized it was an opportunity for me as well.

Read the rest here: https://jordanbeane.com/why-im-runni...-city-council/

Good luck to Jordan. He's been great for Chargers fan with his behind the scenes stories and coverage.

Wishing him nothing but success.

Thanks, Jordan!!
Jordan Beane?

Never heard of him.

Old 02-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeOCBolts View Post
Jordan Beane?

Never heard of him.

He is a politician.....apparently.

GO BOLTS !
Old 02-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Maybe he saw how inept San Diego politicians are and wanted to make a difference.

Then again, I just read his website. I wouldn't vote for him based on what I've read so far. Luckily I don't live in the city so I won't have to make that decision.

Last edited by Bolt4Life; 02-07-2017 at 02:26 PM..
Old 02-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Hall of Famer

can he PLEASE take ricky henne with him?? no way either could survive in LA