Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Ocean Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltup90 View Post
DO you have a link of Bosa calling McCoy out?

Id love to see it, cant find anything.

On Friday, Bosa didn't mince words when speaking to ESPN about his lone season playing for McCoy in San Diego, via Marty Caswell of Mighty 1090 AM: "We needed strong head coach to come in & make players take accountability for what they do, which there wasn’t enough of last year. I feel like if we had a coach, nothing against Mike McCoy, I just don’t think he had the voice to really get s--t."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...?client=safari
Old 02-10-2017, 07:57 AM
We're there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post
On Friday, Bosa didn't mince words when speaking to ESPN about his lone season playing for McCoy in San Diego, via Marty Caswell of Mighty 1090 AM: "We needed strong head coach to come in & make players take accountability for what they do, which there wasn’t enough of last year. I feel like if we had a coach, nothing against Mike McCoy, I just don’t think he had the voice to really get s--t."

Weren't there other players who talked about a lack of accountability on our roster? Slauson, I think......

Does this finally put the rest the argument that professional players don't need a coach who motivates them? Thus, Norv and McCoy having the personality of a gumball didn't work. It makes me wonder how out of touch with the players our front office is to even hire McGumball right after Norv. It seems to me that they were the same guy and a change in personality was drastically needed.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:56 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach14 View Post
Weren't there other players who talked about a lack of accountability on our roster? Slauson, I think......

Does this finally put the rest the argument that professional players don't need a coach who motivates them? Thus, Norv and McCoy having the personality of a gumball didn't work. It makes me wonder how out of touch with the players our front office is to even hire McGumball right after Norv. It seems to me that they were the same guy and a change in personality was drastically needed.
That's why I love coach Gregg Popovich of the Spurs in the NBA. Dude is a no nonsense coach. Holds Everyone to the same standards. Stars to the bench warmers. One time they were in the playoffs losing a Coach Pop responded at halftime to the team saying "I want to see some nasty!!!!!!" Team responded and overcame the deficit. Won the game.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:59 AM
Rookie

"He came in with a bucket full of ice and he said, 'Do you guys believe I can hold my head in this bucket of ice for three minutes?' Most of the guys were like, 'I don't believe he can do it,'" O'Neal said. "And he did it. He almost died but he did it. So first thing you have to do is believe."

Pat Riley did this with the Miami heat. He told them you have to want to win as much as you want to breathe.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:10 AM
昇龍拳 Shōryūken

Quote:
Originally Posted by krich1 View Post
That's why I love coach Gregg Popovich of the Spurs in the NBA. Dude is a no nonsense coach. Holds Everyone to the same standards. Stars to the bench warmers. One time they were in the playoffs losing a Coach Pop responded at halftime to the team saying "I want to see some nasty!!!!!!" Team responded and overcame the deficit. Won the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krich1 View Post
"He came in with a bucket full of ice and he said, 'Do you guys believe I can hold my head in this bucket of ice for three minutes?' Most of the guys were like, 'I don't believe he can do it,'" O'Neal said. "And he did it. He almost died but he did it. So first thing you have to do is believe."

Pat Riley did this with the Miami heat. He told them you have to want to win as much as you want to breathe.
The Zen Master has 11 NBA Championship titles as a coach. Made his players meditate behind closed doors to develop a clear mental thought process and to get in tuned with their primal survival instincts.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Our roster can't grind through a buffet line without getting hurt.
LOL! Good one, Freak! Reminds me of a story about the L.A. Rams in the old days, when the offensive line was notorious for showing up at one of the buffet cafeterias and literally CLEANED IT OUT! Which resulted in a lifetime ban...
Old 02-10-2017, 11:39 AM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padres15 View Post

None taken?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:11 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach14 View Post

Now seriously guys. And I do mean really. How long have I preached accountability ? How long ? How how how how how ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:42 AM
Forever San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
Now seriously guys. And I do mean really. How long have I preached accountability ? How long ? How how how how how ?
But how do you coach accountability when the players get paid no matter what? Everytime MG fumbled the ball he got benched, what else can you do? I'd really like to know what accountability truly means in an NFL locker room and exactly how much of it the Chargers were lacking.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Cut them
Cut them all.

It's for breakfast.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale