Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Bolt News
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2017, 06:41 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach14 View Post
Weren't there other players who talked about a lack of accountability on our roster? Slauson, I think......

Does this finally put the rest the argument that professional players don't need a coach who motivates them? Thus, Norv and McCoy having the personality of a gumball didn't work. It makes me wonder how out of touch with the players our front office is to even hire McGumball right after Norv. It seems to me that they were the same guy and a change in personality was drastically needed.
It is no coincidence that the most recent successful Chargers teams had disciplinarians like Marty & Bobby as head coaches. Marty laid the groundwork for Norv's teams. As those veterans from Marty's teams left so did the accountability.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:27 AM
Bandwagon Homer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
But how do you coach accountability when the players get paid no matter what? Everytime MG fumbled the ball he got benched, what else can you do? I'd really like to know what accountability truly means in an NFL locker room and exactly how much of it the Chargers were lacking.
Same here. It's just another tired cliché. The CBA dictates how much "accountability" there can be. Contracts go both ways.

Extra laps? Extra film study? Getting benched? Great.

Just make sure the check is there on payday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Los Angeles Super Chargers!
Old 02-11-2017, 08:46 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Can't be worse?

Hold my beer....
Old 02-11-2017, 09:14 AM
<<< LA's finest football

I thought he was busy trying to keep the Raiders in Oakland ?

Oh well, never a bad thing to add a HOF'er to your coaching staff. If he isn't good at his job, we can always move him to Safety...

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 02-12-2017, 04:09 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
But how do you coach accountability when the players get paid no matter what? Everytime MG fumbled the ball he got benched, what else can you do? I'd really like to know what accountability truly means in an NFL locker room and exactly how much of it the Chargers were lacking.
Look at Belichick holding the Superbowl Trophy, then look how we have 9 wins in two seasons.

All of the answers are within that contrasting scenario.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:03 AM
Veteran

Another hire that shows Spanos still doesn't get it. Stop hiring people with backgrounds in bro science, and get someone who has actually studied exercise biology and knows the latest (real) science. NFL teams don't need someone who yells at their guys to lift heavy on the big lifts... They need someone to teach them how to workout with some intelligence.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:39 AM
Hall of Famer

The Chargers are doing their off season work outs bare foot. Saying the feet don't get enough attention the theory is that stronger, more flexible feet can reduce lower body injuries. We'll see
Old 04-11-2017, 08:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moekid View Post
The Chargers are doing their off season work outs bare foot. Saying the feet don't get enough attention the theory is that stronger, more flexible feet can reduce lower body injuries. We'll see
LOL.
I saw the picture of players going through the gauntlet,
and thought Lott was going easy on the fellas.

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 04-11-2017, 09:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
LOL.
I saw the picture of players going through the gauntlet,
and thought Lott was going easy on the fellas.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/charge...410-story.html

“Conditioning is going to be the No. 1 priority for us in the first two or three weeks. We want to build a base so when we start doing real football stuff — cuts, explosive movements — we can do those things without getting hurt,” he said at the NFL owners meetings in late March. “I think a lot of guys today train position-specific too much. I want to go back to base training — 300s, 400s, working in some distance with our conditioning.”
Old 04-11-2017, 10:32 AM
Moderator of the Trenches

Fight for shoes!