Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin562 View Post
That's cool to run into someone completely unexpected!!
I feel like people in LA don't completely hate the Chargers here so there is hope for fans. The Grammy are tomorrow and i feel like they might do something to welcome the chargers here while would explain the players here in LA. Im sure if we start winning fast alowof people will support the team.
The Chargers, I think, will get plenty of fans to be financially successful. Win or lose. The corporate sales and tv virtually guarantees it.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-12-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Chapin, I'm just across the LA/OC county border from you in addition to being a CSULB grad and rugby team alum.

Just speaking for myself:

Any excitement that I feel towards the move that brings the Chargers' gameday site within 15 miles of where I live is offset by the pain that I know that many longtime San Diegan fans are feeling at their loss.

Having said that and in speaking from a personal perspective, I am excited to finally be able to attend Chargers games on a regular basis. That is something that I couldn't do in the past due to the full-day commitment to an NFL game as opposed to a 20ish minute drive up the 405 over the next couple of years. Watching games at Stub Hub over the next couple of years can be an awesome experience if <<drum roll>> they win!!
Here's how it's done, chapin. Thanks Joe. Respect.

"We confide in our strength, without boasting of it; we respect that of others, without fearing it." Thomas Jefferson

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-12-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin562 View Post
I am in the 562 area but work in LA. And I feel you with the whole SD thing. I would of much rather have kept them in SD but sure won't reject them here closer to me in LA.
As for the whole stadium thing i sure am excited to see them in Stub Hub center. I have been there before to watch the LA Galaxy play and while the stadium is small, it sure has an amazing view.
Funny thing is that while at work earlier in the year a guest actually gave me a ticket to the Chargers vs Titans game because he was too hungover to go. If they were in LA last year, i would of left work to watch the game!!
How will the seats be closer to the field? They were terrible in Qaulcomm.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:56 AM
LAme

No.

/thread

1. Malik Hooker, S
2. Forrest Lamp, OG
3. Tim Williams, Edge
4. Jake Butt, TE
5. Desmond King, CB/S
6. Stevie Tu'ikolovatu, NT
Old 02-12-2017, 01:59 PM
"stuck in San Diego"

Not excited at all, very disappointed. I gave up on them last year. Did not renew my 3 seats last season largely due to Spanos / Fabs desire to relocate to LA, dissing long time fans and not firing McCoy.

I do though respect those who can continue to support the team. I will lurk here once in awhile, watch redzone and not support any one team.

PS ... not to change the subject but are the Chargers changing their colors? It appears this forum's banner is the same color scheme as the LA Rams.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryao View Post
Your post is fine without the bolded and most here have been pretty darn good considering what they lost. Additionally it is purposeless and inflammatory, which is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Who are you speaking to specifically anyway? I ask because, you certainly don't have the frame of reference, being young and a resident of LA, to tell someone who has been a San Diego Charger fan for longer than you've been alive (or any fan really) to "get over it".

Nor do you have the right to tell anyone to "go away already". If you don't like what someone posts you can put that poster on ignore. But, as long as what someone posts is within the rules of the board, they can post what they want.
Thanks, perry. I'm glad a mod weighed in on that comment, as I found it to be disrespectful and dismissive.

I can understand and respect both those fans who can no longer support the Chargers, as well as those who will continue to support them.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:21 PM
Rookie

I used to hit 2-3 games a year in SD and any playoff games but haven't been back since the last Jets playoff loss at home.

Excited? I don't know however I may hit a game in LA this year if the prices are right.

Anxious to see what Telesco does in FA and the draft and let's hope it's as strong as last year's draft.

Bosa Burgers baby!
Old 02-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Rookie

I just want a ring. Bad. 30+ years following this team and I'm still hanging on.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:11 PM
In Telesco I trust

Quote:
Your post is fine without the bolded and most here have been pretty darn good considering what they lost. Additionally it is purposeless and inflammatory, which is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Who are you speaking to specifically anyway? I ask because, you certainly don't have the frame of reference, being young and a resident of LA, to tell someone who has been a San Diego Charger fan for longer than you've been alive (or any fan really) to "get over it".

Nor do you have the right to tell anyone to "go away already". If you don't like what someone posts you can put that poster on ignore. But, as long as what someone posts is within the rules of the board, they can post what they want.
Well i never meant for anyone to take it the way you did. The point of that phrase is for all the people who just seem to hate ths Chargers for leaving and refuse to give them a chance. There are people on this board that are extremely negative towards our team and just mentioning the LA Chargers sets them off.

I also believe you missed the whole point to my post. If the team already has moved there is no point to stay on these boards if all they do is bad mouth the team that has already moved and is trying hard to make fans in LA and keep its fan base from SD as well. You cant be a die hard Chargers fan "for life" and then hate them players and team in general for a decision that they had absolutely no say in.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:15 PM
In Telesco I trust

Quote:
How will the seats be closer to the field? They were terrible in Qaulcomm.
Stub hub center is small but the view is amazing. I cant really explain it but the way the stadium was built is for just about everyone can get a good view. Even the "nose bleed" sections are close
They even have a lawn section so i wonder what there plan for that is