Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2017, 09:23 AM
All-Pro-Bro

Please note, Tom Telesco's mentor is Bill Polian. Bill Polian does not value 1st round safeties and has always said good safeties can be found in later rounds. IMO: Telesco will NOT draft either Adams or Hooker in the 1st round. If Bob Sanders was drafted in the 2nd round, Telesco will find a safety in the 2nd round (or later). Obi and/or Budda will probably be there in the 2nd round (if TT want's them).
Old 03-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamfed View Post
Please note, Tom Telesco's mentor is Bill Polian. Bill Polian does not value 1st round safeties and has always said good safeties can be found in later rounds. IMO: Telesco will NOT draft either Adams or Hooker in the 1st round. If Bob Sanders was drafted in the 2nd round, Telesco will find a safety in the 2nd round (or later). Obi and/or Budda will probably be there in the 2nd round (if TT want's them).
Maybe. TT is not Polian, this is not 10-15 years ago and Adams, Hooker are not Sanders.
It depends on the talent evaluation not position.
Just curious, how high did Polian draft RTs?

Last edited by sonorajim; 03-08-2017 at 09:55 AM..
Old 03-08-2017, 10:07 AM
Rookie

Meh, not really thrilled with the signing, but the contract details are okay.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancor13 View Post
Paying this guy only $1 million year more then Eric Weddle. This guy is getting paid in top 18 safety range. Injury prone, etc. After we just made tons of room getting salary cap situated we go and mess it up all over again. I can think of 18 better SS in the league... getting paid way less $$$

EDIT:: ONE MILLION LESS then Weddle, my bad still though... EW much better then this JA. I like JA I do... I think he plays with a nasty physical style... but he often puts himself at risk for this type of $$$
With only $8 million of the contract guaranteed, that's only $1 million more than Weddle got as a signing bonus and $5 million less guaranteed money.

As somebody else noted, the contract appears to be massively backloaded with the $14 million non-guaranteed money due in Years 3 & 4 of the deal likely to vanish in a puff of smoke. We'll see when the full details come out. In years 1 and 2, Addae is most likely making $2.5 million / season less than Weddle ($8 million vs. $13 million).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancor13 View Post
The dude is going to be injured six games in.. I just have a hard time letting Eric Weddle go and because of "age" and him being too expensive... then we literally pay a lesser talent almost the exact same money. This does not compute to me...

Weddle was still a damn good safety last year and I think he will be too this year.

I think Adams or Hooker could make instant impacts in place of JA.
No it isn't almost the same money, had we paid Addae what Weddle was paid, it would have been a 20% increase of what was reported. Not only that but Weddle played like feces his last year with us, while being 31 and being a locker room cancer his last season. THAT diminished his value
3.- Godwin WR
4.- Kittle TE
5.- Rivers OLB
6.- Dobbs QB
Old 03-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Veteran

The Bolts will sprint to turn in their card if Hooker is still available at 7, which I fully expect him to be.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:11 AM
more mojo please

Jamfed, good on you for your observation of Polian draft tendencies and how that could come into play with TT, but I also think if Hooker is there, that will be our target
I also wouldn't be too shocked even WITH JA being extended that we double dip.

Say Hooker round 1 and perhaps a very good value in round 6
Could see both lowry and stuckey gone sooner rather than later.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Hall of Famer

"Early, draft players who directly cause touchdowns to be scored, or to prevent them."

That's the Polian quote, and I read his book.

Translation: QB. RB. WR.TE. PRS. DB (per Polian explanation).

Of course, this was before JJ Watt and the current critical scarcity of offensive linemen.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:31 AM
more mojo please

Keep this young secondary in tact, they have swag and tenacity
Addae for all his short comings has proven to fit in well
I would bet that verrett, and heyward are happy about this.
All we need is a true leader back there to step up

Calling jamal adams

Old 03-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamfed View Post
i don't do everything like my mentors.