Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2017, 10:04 AM
19 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeroo View Post
Living in the Pacific Northwest, we have many days when the rain and clouds pretty much obscure the view. But for some reason last Friday was what we call a 5 mountain day. It was clear as can be and from the higher vantage points you could see the snow capped peaks of five mountains. Those days make it worthwhile to put up with all the rain and clouds. Of course, the rain returned on Saturday and it's still rainy here today.

Got to take the good with the bad. Scripture tells us He makes the sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

I like to think that I fall into "good" and "just" category. However, either way I get the rain. On the other hand, all that rain make us appreciate the clear days more.

Speaking of mountain views,I do wonder why the Bolts didn't arrange to play at the Rose Bowl?
Those aren't mountains...they are volcano's waiting to happen (again.....)
Old 04-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Pollyana-ish Homer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBowlBoltsFan View Post
I heard that the Chargers contacted both the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl and both venues said that they are already at the maximum number of events that the field can tolerate.
Links?

The Rose Bowl ruled out the NFL long before the Chargers announced their move (July of 2015) and the Coliseum doesn't have a limit on events (Coliseum would have been a disaster)!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...orary-nfl-home

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...there-in-2017/

Anaheim Stadium? Maybe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You want analysis? Don't ask me: I'm just a Pollyanna lying idiotic know-nothing ball-watching stat boy.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JoeMcRugby; 04-24-2017 at 10:55 AM..
Old 04-24-2017, 12:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBowlBoltsFan View Post
I heard that the Chargers contacted both the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl and both venues said that they are already at the maximum number of events that the field can tolerate.
True. Even little stub hun gets plenty of action. I believe kiss fm is having their yearly Wango tango concert there.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:07 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
I can't speak for everyone but I'm one who was really upset when Spanos announced the move. I left SD way back in 1980/81 but I'm also one who attended the very first game at Balboa stadium way back in 1961. For the next 20 years I bought season tickets and I hate to admit how many afternoons I spent at practices' and training camp. So even though I had been gone from SD a long time, I still loved SD and felt like the Bolts were a part of the city - and now, that part of my favorite city was ripped off and sent to LA. LA, of all places!

So I announced that I was now a fan of the Seahawks (they are considered the local team here) but - after few weeks I realized I couldn't quit this long time association with the Chargers. So, I decided I would return to the forum, and I'd put it out of my mind that they are based in the hated LA area now. I just think of them as the Chargers - I'm thinking more people will be returning, just as I did. Especially if they can get off to great start.
Even though I don't live in San Diego (or even the U.S. for that matter), I also wasn't happy to see the team leave for L.A. and was going to take the move as my cue to walk away for good. Being a Canadian, I could have theoretically picked any team. I could have picked a team with a winning tradition (ie. New England, Dallas, Denver, Pittsburgh among others) but realized that I couldn't stand any of them or their fans. At the same time, while I live within 40 miles of Buffalo (Toronto, to be exact), I could never be a Bills fan for a number of reasons. I came back for the same reason as Chargeroo did.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:30 PM
Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Got to take the good with the bad. Scripture tells us He makes the sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

On the other hand, all that rain make us appreciate the clear days more.
Excellent Bible quote of Christ, Chargeroo. Matthew 5:45 "...He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Plainly stated, the benefits of His creation are given to all. And while it is true what you say about rainy days making us appreciate the sunny days more, the rain is an immense blessing. Look at the areas like California and the west that have suffered extreme droughts. Once we get to experience the lack of rain, we realize how much we want/need it.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:38 PM
Veteran

Some teams on the schedule this year I'd really love to see the Chargers beat are the Jets, Cowboys and Patriots, but especially the Jets.

Wanting to sweep the Raiders and Broncos is a given.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:47 PM
Veteran

Quote:
I can't speak for everyone but I'm one who was really upset when Spanos announced the move. .....I still loved SD and felt like the Bolts were a part of the city - and now, that part of my favorite city was ripped off and sent to LA. LA, of all places!

I just think of them as the Chargers - I'm thinking more people will be returning, just as I did. Especially if they can get off to great start.
Despite the fact I am in NJ, San Diego and the Chargers have always been together, and my fandom was based on my favorite city and my favorite team being together.

I was/am still really upset Spanos abandoned San Diego, especially the way he did it, which seemed cold and callous. I've said this before, but it is like a married couple where you love both people, then they divorce. Extremely difficult to accept one of them going on to a new spouse (LA).

I am still a fan, but not feeling the same passion or intensity. Maybe it will return. And I hold out the possibility of a Chargers return to SD some time in the future. The Raiders and Rams have done it, so it might happen someday.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:28 AM
glutton for punishment...

Hi All, I am unable to create threads... thought the thread about the upcoming season was the best place for this...

On what radio station will be be listening to the Bolts? The website still says to stay tuned...

http://www.chargers.com/schedule/radio-network

Thoughts?

glutton for punishment.... glutton4Bolts
Old 04-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Learn to THINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMcRugby View Post
Absolutely nothing compared to how it used to be. Not even in the same universe.
Until you guys had this conversation I had forgotten how, when growing up, there were many days when it hurt to breathe. Days that you could not take a full, deep breath. That was darn uncomfortable.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:20 PM
First member of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Excellent Bible quote of Christ, Chargeroo. Matthew 5:45 "...He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Plainly stated, the benefits of His creation are given to all. And while it is true what you say about rainy days making us appreciate the sunny days more, the rain is an immense blessing. Look at the areas like California and the west that have suffered extreme droughts. Once we get to experience the lack of rain, we realize how much we want/need it.
This is funny. My church is out in the country - surrounded by farms. Many of the members are farmers, as you would expect. This has been a really extreme rainy season this year and Sunday I heard two of them complaining that they will never get their crops in because the fields are so muddy. I laughed to myself - they are never happy with the weather but they all drive great cars and live in beautiful homes.

I'm thinking complaining about the weather is a requirement for good farming.