Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2017, 07:06 PM
Rookie

And now we add Dan Feeney, OG, to help and deepen the O-line. Lynn has decided to build up that line. I'm a big fan of that idea. Control the clock, don't settle for FG's.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
TT is killing it the last two drafts.

Stay hot, my man.
In all fairness, we were picking top 5 last year and top 10 this year... it's. A lot different than when we were picking in the 20s...
Old 04-28-2017, 08:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricgold View Post
So he takes Flukers spot at gaurd day one, right? He's our new starting guard?
How about: Lamp take Barksdale's job. Instant upgrade.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltzHomer View Post
And now we add Dan Feeney, OG, to help and deepen the O-line. Lynn has decided to build up that line. I'm a big fan of that idea. Control the clock, don't settle for FG's.
Agree. We just got two PRIME BEEF ROAD GRADERS, folks!
Old 04-28-2017, 09:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbie View Post
In all fairness, we were picking top 5 last year and top 10 this year... it's. A lot different than when we were picking in the 20s...
True enough, but at least we're probably not going to be like Oak and Cleveland. How many top 10 picks have those franchises had over the years? Oakland crawled out of recently after over a decade, and Cleveland is still working their way out. The Chargers can compete for a playoff spot this year IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:45 PM
Veteran

http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/04...e-perfect-fits

“I’m going to help them out as much as I possibly can. We’re all about getting this thing turned around really quickly. We’re going to protect Philip (Rivers) and make
sure he is never touched. We are going to make sure we go out there and we’ll just pound guys in the running game. They fit the culture we are going to build. They are perfect fits for it. (Head Coach) Anthony Lynn is all about ground and pound, and really moving guys back. He wants a really nasty O-Line. I think both these guys are great fits for that.”

I might be doing a little dance right about now, but would never admit to it.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buef View Post

“I’m going to help them out as much as I possibly can. We’re all about getting this thing turned around really quickly. We’re going to protect Philip (Rivers) and make
sure he is never touched. We are going to make sure we go out there and we’ll just pound guys in the running game. They fit the culture we are going to build. They are perfect fits for it. (Head Coach) Anthony Lynn is all about ground and pound, and really moving guys back. He wants a really nasty O-Line. I think both these guys are great fits for that.”

If this is how it plays out, it will be worth a ball.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:01 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buef View Post

I love the philosophy. This is exactly how the Chargers have needed to build the team for years IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Hall of Famer

So I'm seeing NFL.com say that Lamp would be a good fit at center. What's the say on this?
This a complete miss by them or an actual possibility?

Old 04-29-2017, 12:49 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlBolts View Post
So I'm seeing NFL.com say that Lamp would be a good fit at center. What's the say on this?
This a complete miss by them or an actual possibility?
I think both guys can play all 5 positions on the line. Maybe one of them at center maybe not. The beauty of it is that we can mix and match to whatever the best combination is.