Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
Don't apologize, but maybe hold back on your judgement of me or others. I'm pretty sure my lifetime fandom has earned me some time, wouldn't you say?

Or is this a "you're with us or against us" ultimatum?

Fight for Loyalty?

And, I could not care less what anyone thinks. If I've earned nothing else (and this goes for all the truly LOYAL fans), I've earned the right to rant and rave for this off-season. If I decide I'm done, fine, I won't troll this season, but I really don't need permission to be ticked off for a while.
Well the magnifying glass is on you because you are a mod.

Fight for Moderation?
Old 05-02-2017, 08:09 PM
Hall of Famer

I feel you're pain Pac. If you look at the clip of fans interviewed, they are primarily young adults my guess in their midl twenties to early thirties. I can imagine these adults we're in elementary school when the Chargers advanced to their first Super Bowl during the 94-95 season.

As kiddies during this time, they know to their core being how San Diego (from North County-Mission Valley-El Cajon to South Bay) enthusiastically rallied to support this team. Fans celebrated with the Charger flag hanging out from their cars/ suvs/ mini vans, honking each other in support of a team and giving each other high fives in person to someone you didn't know by name. It's a memory you can't erase...it binds you indelibly to the community.

And it's not just this generation but other generations of fans before them 80's, 70's and 60's that have a love of the San Diego Chargers. They once loved or still love this team just as much as Drew Pearson expressed his love of the Cowboys during the draft (great moment of the draft).

And it's not just geography; it clearly runs much much deeper than that. Only a San Diegan or any passionate football fan who has had their NFL team taken away from them can truly understand. It is what is.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Release DJ Fluker!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFboltfan View Post
Add me to the billboard support list... Sorry you're thread didn't turn out as you hoped B4L. We're Charger fans not Spanos fans, and I agree with the others... Players could care less what we think of their boss.

Inb4threadshutdown
Three people on here contributing $20 won't make it reach its goal. Sorry you feel it makes a statement to trash the Chargers ("I've been waiting foe the schedule to be released so I can do what I planned") on the way to Stub hub for the first games.i hate Dean as much as anyone but this is dumb near StubHub. Do it in SD.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Moderator of the Trenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Well the magnifying glass is on you because you are a mod.

Fight for Moderation?
Bull.

If LA doesn't want me, talk to Freak.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Avid Lightning Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt4Life View Post
Great so this dingbat is going to be at games with stupid signs? In a different article he said he will still be going to games. I don't feel like having to see his crap every week. If it's in my section I'm going to have to tell him off.

I am not a fan of Spanos or the politicians of SD, but keep that crap away from game day. He is trying to crap all over everyone's gameday experience by posting these billboards and bringing in stupid signs that the butthurt SD media will cover every week.

He is trying to milk his 15 minutes of fame so much.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...502-story.html
The exercise of the right to freedom of speech is often uncomfortable and has consequences for the speaker as well as those who hear it.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Rookie

Just donated $100. So the guy making these is the guy wearing that purple SD hat that gave spanos the bird at their open forum?
Old 05-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSpirit View Post
Just donated $100. So the guy making these is the guy wearing that purple SD hat that gave spanos the bird at their open forum?
Nice! Send "Sign Man" some of my suggestions...

Old 05-02-2017, 10:32 PM
more mojo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Franchise View Post
I'm with you B4L.

I think it's time Chargers fans stop crying. Does it suck that they're no longer in San Diego? Definitely. But that's it.

The Chargers are a business and they made a business decision. Stop comparing this to relationships or girlfriends that cheat... that's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Their still our Chargers. If you post on a CMB then you are a fan. Quit crying about the move, pull your pants up, and wipe your noses. Time to start supporting our favorite team.

As far as this guy that is putting up billboards... lol... That is such a disgruntled chick move. Put your money towards greater causes. Stop lashing out because your feelings are still hurt and get some help.

That is all.

me 3.
all good points.
not directing this at one in particular

hate-motivated actions can get addicting and lead
some to crossing subjective lines of disrespect

im not going to tell others how to spend their money...
except I am
while were all joining charger fan-gangs (blind sheep 13 ese!)
there are literally thousands of better ways to spend $20
than on this attention addict's "cause"

im not going to tell people to get over anything...
except I am
for yourself and especially, for everyone else
no one can force you to get over it
we get it
you can cling on to this resentment, personalize it
internalize it, rally behind the hate or whatever.
i just hope the hate doesn't motivate people
to ruin fan experiences for other people

I dont like what ice cube said about "SD bringing our trash to LA"
but your not going to see me at ice cube concerts with hate signs antagonizing cube fans.

im not a big fan of church groups
but again, you wont find me at your local church with my
Bad Religion shirt on (you know which one)

just because you have the right doesn't make it right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:32 PM
All-Pro

lol at anyone who wastes even a dollar on this. no matter where you stand, It's over. a billboard will have no effect on anything. I imagine most people would just laugh at it.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacstud View Post
Don't apologize, but maybe hold back on your judgement of me or others. I'm pretty sure my lifetime fandom has earned me some time, wouldn't you say?

Or is this a "you're with us or against us" ultimatum?

Fight for Loyalty?

And, I could not care less what anyone thinks. If I've earned nothing else (and this goes for all the truly LOYAL fans), I've earned the right to rant and rave for this off-season. If I decide I'm done, fine, I won't troll this season, but I really don't need permission to be ticked off for a while.
Post is spot on.