Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Free Agents/Trade Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2017, 10:30 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts4ever21 View Post
It would be nice but we can't afford it
Good to see ya !

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 04-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post

I would not trade a bag of pistachios for Richard Sherman.

https://gfycat.com/MerryBeneficialBinturong
Old 04-10-2017, 06:22 PM
Hall of Famer

We might not be one player away from an SB, but I would easily give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Sherman. He'll definitely improve our defense and bring some swag with him. Rivers isn't getting any younger and the Chargers should be looking to win now not later. Sherman and Hayward outside with Verrett inside would give us a shutdown trio. I'm for it.

Rivers will likely restructure his contract to make Shermans deal work, he wants to win now. Build the defense, get to the playoffs and win LA.

Trade down and pick up an extra 2nd if possible. I'd also try and move down in 2nd for an extra 4th.

1. Malik McDowell DL - If you build it, sacks will come
2a. Budda Baker FS
2b. Curtis Samuel WR/RB
3. Sidney Jones CB
4a. Pat Elfein OG
4b. George Kittle TE
5. Marlon Mack RB
6. Joshua Dobbs QB
7. Josh Augusta DT

Chargers New OL:
Okung-Lamp-Slauson-Feeney-Barksdale
Tuerk will replace Slauson in-season
Old 04-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Hall of Famer

USA today speculates Charger trade with Seattle. Chargers get Sherman and #26 pick and Seattle get Franklin or Barksdale and # 7 pick. We use the 26 th pick for OT. We can go safety in second rd. to complete our defense.

I like it.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida SD fan View Post
USA today speculates Charger trade with Seattle. Chargers get Sherman and #26 pick and Seattle get Franklin or Barksdale and # 7 pick. We use the 26 th pick for OT. We can go safety in second rd. to complete our defense.

I like it.
Yep- trading Barksdale or Franklin and being relieved of their salary cap hit is a plus.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:25 AM
Forever San Diego

Quote:

I like it.
Interesting, do you have a link? I'd rather have Sherman over Lattimore at #7 anyways.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:52 AM
<<< LA's finest football

Quote:

I like it.
Hard to imagine Seattle of all teams wanting Franklin on their roster, seeing he is a big reason they obliterated the Donks in the SB.

But Franklin being on another team's roster works for me...

i like that my franchise will do whatever it takes to win, and if all they get is a slap on the hand for it in return, more power to them...
Old 04-15-2017, 05:18 AM
Hall of Famer

If Jon Allen is on the board at 7,
he would be much preferrable to Sherman.
The comp is Michael Bennett.
You follah ?

Okung--Slauson--Pulley--Lamp--Barksdale
Old 04-16-2017, 09:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

I like it.
This is quite intriguing. I've been in the boat that from a pure talent point of view, I would trade the #7 overall pick for Sherman. Like him or not, to me he has been a top cornerback for 5 or 6 years now. Of course other factors play in like salary cap hit, age of player and the fact that you can draft a guy in the first round and keep him for 5 years on the relatively cheap side.

To me the two big things holding back trading for Sherman was his cap hit and the asking price. Both of those are lessened in this scenario. Cap hit would only really be 6 or 7 million if we trade one of those linemen that you mentioned and I don't think the asking price would be too bad if they get the 26th overall pick as well.

Everyone says this draft is extremely deep. So the fact that you can add an elite/probowl caliber player AND still keep the same number of draft picks is a major plus.

There is only one reason why a team would trade for a player like Sherman, who is an aging vet (still capable of playing at a high level IMO) with a significant cap hit and is only under contract for 2 more years and that is because you think your team can compete in these next two years. I do think the team can compete for a super bowl these next two years. They are not that many players away from it. They have the skill position players, the QB and a defense that is a probowl player and a couple of depth players away from being elite.

Taking out names and draft picks if someone were to tell you that after the first day of the draft that the Chargers got a top cornerback and a starting right tackle everyone would sign up for it. Of course it is not guaranteed that Sherman can still play at a high level and/or they find a starting right tackle with the 26th overall pick but neither is the player drafted at 7 being a stud.

Just my 2 cents
Old 04-17-2017, 11:55 PM
Heartbroken Fan Each Week

There's a lot of arguments on both sides saying that we should or shouldn't get Sherman. one thing that I heard on the side that we should get him is that he'll be a guy who can connect us with the community of LA because he is from Compton. He is a bridge/ PR guy that will bolster our "Fight for LA" slogan. In the end of it all, it's not about giving back to the community; it's about the money. RS brings in fans and money. That's the only reason why I see him coming to the Chargers. Sure he offers a great Pro Bowl talent but the profit must appear greater than the cap hit and money we would pay for his contract.
2016 - In TT Itrust and in MM I'm warming up in faith again