Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official Los Angeles Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Smack Shack
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where will the Raiduhs finish this year?
Division Champs! 0 0%
2nd 4 50.00%
3rd 3 37.50%
The Basement 1 12.50%
Conference Champs! 0 0%
Super Bowl Champions! 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2017, 06:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance, Inc. View Post
When was the last time the best player was the highest paid? And when did that last for more than a year?

This business has a market that players set year after year. Once that number is reached, those who are potentially next in line to be the best are paid for that potential. Brady, Rogers, Ryan should be 1, 2 and 3 but it doesn't work that way. No athlete signs a contract what they're worth after every season. If they did, you guys would be $167 million under the cap.

Tom Brady, the 14th highest paid player in the NFL. He's paid less than Rivers.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/

Take a look at that and tell me that's the pecking order in the NFL.

Arguably yes at this date. Maybe Mack. Maybe Von. Certainly not anyone on your team. You had the best players in the division, even the NFL at one time (Tomlinson, Gates, Rivers, ect.) You did very little with them. That's the blueprint of fail. I pray to the devils we don't duplicate that stench with the talent we have.
Joey Bosa is gaining on Khalil Mack and Von Miller rapidly.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:23 PM
versus you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerfreak View Post
You said he had health issues. I showed he played all last year.

What does this have to do with your fake health issues ?

Nothing, because he doesn't have any. Gotcha.
He's still overpaid. He's the second highest paid tackle in the league. By your definition, he should be the second best left tackle in the league. If he was, he would still be a Bronco. I don't know if he even cracks the top 10, but at least he's paid. What I say about his injuries won't change that you guys reached for mediocrity when it was already there.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:24 PM
versus you

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodeye2000 View Post
Joey Bosa is gaining on Khalil Mack and Von Miller rapidly.
Yes he is. I would've put him up there now, but let's wait until the end of the season to see if he doesn't drop off, which I doubt he will. But you're 100% right, he's a stud. And a problem.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:21 PM
Misunderstood

Charger fan striking back...............
Old 06-23-2017, 03:12 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
The fact that we clinched our looooooooong overdue playoff berth in your (our) home turf doesn't take away from the facts (Okung's injury history aside, happy Freak? sheesh!)

And it's not just the offensive line.

In the last two years, Rivers had the ball with less than 2 minutes or overtime 13 times by my count. The Chargers went 2-11 in those games. To his credit, 2 of those were missed field goals/botched snaps. But the other 9 were 4th down in-completions (4) and interceptions (5). Four of those interceptions were last year alone. If you count 4th quarter comebacks all together, Rivers had 3.

This breakdown is to show you that as bad as the offensive line was, you had a chance to win in 14 occasions in the 4th quarter and only did so three times. Can't be the OL. The Broncos had a bad OL and managed 9 wins with QBs that are not in Rivers' league. What's up with that?

Derek Carr already has twelve 4th quarter comebacks in his brief career, a big reason he signed this well deserved contract. Rivers himself has 22, and he was a great 4th quarter comeback player in his day. But in the last two years, since that mega contract, he's a shell of his former self. Sad, but funny.

Will Carr follow suit? Stay tuned.
Oh we don't know everything, but we know about injured offensive linemen. We can write encyclopedia's on injured Olinemen.....................

I think the opposite is true for Carr. raiders may have the most underrated Oline in the NFL, and I think it has helped Carr tremendously. He should take that new contract and buy every one of them a car. I'm not even kidding either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:22 AM
Power of 51

Quote:
When was the last time the best player was the highest paid? And when did that last for more than a year?

This business has a market that players set year after year. Once that number is reached, those who are potentially next in line to be the best are paid for that potential. Brady, Rogers, Ryan should be 1, 2 and 3 but it doesn't work that way. No athlete signs a contract what they're worth after every season. If they did, you guys would be $167 million under the cap.

Tom Brady, the 14th highest paid player in the NFL. He's paid less than Rivers.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/

Take a look at that and tell me that's the pecking order in the NFL.

Arguably yes at this date. Maybe Mack. Maybe Von. Certainly not anyone on your team. You had the best players in the division, even the NFL at one time (Tomlinson, Gates, Rivers, ect.) You did very little with them. That's the blueprint of fail. I pray to the devils we don't duplicate that stench with the talent we have.
Even your answers prove my point on my questions of destruction. Thanks for answering.

You were naturally heavy on QB's in your answers. You are right that the best are not always top paid, its because of timing and the cap being raised every year. Maybe JJ Watt was the last time the best got top pay ???

Division I had Von Miller as above Carr for sure. Mack may be on your team, I like Cooper in that discussion. A healthy Keenan Allen (Catches) and a healthy Justin Houston can be batted around. It's homer talk, but Rivers body of work has to be looked at, And Carr is young yet.

You had Carr as the 4th best QB in the NFL.................um..........no. I would have to check out the list, even alphabetically Brees comes before Carr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.