Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2004, 03:16 PM
shocku

Default Maybe Direct TV can persuade the NFL???

I just cancelled my sunday ticket because of the blackout.They said there was no refunds for promotional programs and blackouts were explained.I asked for the superviser then told him before purchaseing the program "sunday ticket" I asked the agent if I was excluded from the blackouts this year in S.D. since I'm in San Bernandino county, He told me I was! who know? maybe just to get me to buy it? Anyway, I told him I expect nothing less than a full refund cause it was sold to me under false pretenses and told him if you don't refund me then ask your self if the $200 is worth loseing me as a customer to a competitor cause I'll cancell my whole subcribtion! needless to say He refunded my money = )

I recomend anyone living outside of S.D. county to cancell sunday ticket and if enough business is lost maybe they can convince the NFL to blackout games way out side of S.D.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:28 PM
and proud of it

I am glad you got your money back.
But then you are lucky, IMO you would of have to prove that you were sold it under false pretenses.

Because it would of come down to Buyer beware.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:48 PM
TrumpetDude

I am 75 miles away from the stadium in Riverside County and cancelling the NFL Ticket for me would be fan suicide. Once you get hooked on HDTV - You will NEVER go back. Ever. [img]i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2004, 03:48 PM
Hall of Famer

It's my understanding that the NFL black out rule reaches 500 miles. I live in Sacramento and will get the Charger game, however, when they play the Raiders in Oakland every year it is never sold out and always blacked out up here in Sac. Even though i am not near Oakland, the blackout reaches 500 miles. (According to Direct TV). I can understand it being blacked out for you as the blackout reaches all the way to Ventura County. Bummer.

And like TrumpetDude, i too will never give up my Direct tv for ANYTHING.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:50 PM
TrumpetDude

The issue I have with the blackout is that anything outside the county of San Diego was NOT blacked out in the pre-guarantee days. This I find a bit befuddling. [img]i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2004, 04:10 PM
laboltman

Don't think I could bring myself to cancel NFL ticket....at least I can watch the road games. I live in L.A., and not quite in Lancaster, so I'm blacked out.

I spoke with a daft pr*ck at NFL offices yesterday & complained that I live 175 miles from San Diego & shouldn't be blacked out. Also advised him El Centro area is closer than me, and they are NOT blacked out. He said, L.A. is Chargers territory, so it's blacked out.

I told him he must be smoking something, cuz L.A. unfortunately is Fader country. He actually argued with me. He told me he lived in L.A. last year, and Chargers are always on Faders, rarely.

It's just so damn frustrating to have a conversation with such a moron!!!!

Blackout rule sucks!!!!

Go Bolts!!
Old 09-18-2004, 04:35 PM
and proud of it

And would the reason be that the Chargers were on was because the Ticket Gaurantee was still in effect?
Old 09-18-2004, 04:35 PM
shocku

Quote:
Originally posted by: TrumpetDude
I am 75 miles away from the stadium in Riverside County and cancelling the NFL Ticket for me would be fan suicide. Once you get hooked on HDTV - You will NEVER go back. Ever. [img]i/expressions/SDG_Bolt.gif[/img]

that's cool if you just like watching other teams but you won't be able to watch the chargers.That was my soul purpose of getting sunday ticket, to see the chargers.No way I'm going to pay $200 to see just there road games.I'll go to the local sports bar to see the road games for free and take the $200 I would of spent on SUNDAY TICKET and use it to buy home tickets at the Q.

oh! buy the way, I have HDTV too = ) on a 55" widescreen mitsubishi diamond series with boss surround sound.That will no longer have charger games on it unless televised (as i turn and run for the bedroom,slam the door behind me and throw tantrum)whyyyy meeeeeeeeeheheheheh....pleeeeeeeeeeehehehehezzzzzz zz
Old 09-18-2004, 04:49 PM
shocku

I don't know if you were asking me raiderh8er, but I asked the D.T. agent about that before I purchased the program.I told him about the ticket garantee and S.D. will start blackingout games this year.He said I wouldn't be affected.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:53 PM
Doc!

laboltman.

What # did you call for the NFL. I was just looking for one. PM me with it please.