Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Around the NFL
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Power Outage

Default Raider Fans? Evil or Misguided

I haven't met many cool Raider fans. The kind I wouldn't mind sitting next to at a Charger game. For some reason, everyone I run into looks suspicious. Like I've seen them somewhere before. The LA riots come to mind. They fit the description of marauding homeless people with shopping carts and knives.
Is it the skull and the crossbones that make them feel so evil and powerfull? I'm wondering because it sure hasn't been the way the team has played in recent memory. I think it's got nothing to do with the team. It's got more to do with being mean and ugly. Since when did mean and Misguided, Angry, Ugly & Uneducated translate into 1st and goal?
Old 10-11-2004, 12:53 PM
robanalog

since Ice Cube and the rest of NWA made it gangsta to wear Raider gear. it's sad but most raider fans now associate their colors as some kind of thug life proclamation.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:55 PM
1960BoltFan

All evil people are misguided people. Without exception.
I actually do know several good people who are also Raider fans. (Good, but not too bright) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by: 1960BoltFan
All evil people are misguided people. Without exception.

I actually do know several good people who are also Raider fans. (Good, but not too bright) [img][/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2004, 03:14 PM
IR8

Two of my best friends (childhood buddies) are Raider fans. For the most part they are both great guys, but when it comes to football, I'd like to throw them off a cliff. Being a Raiderfan seems to turn these two otherwise fun loving guys into complete idiots. They both revel in the thought that it is cool that Raiderfans are considered ghetto and embrace that whole thuglife mentality, even though both have fairly high paying jobs. One works as a hospital administrator, the other is a water treatment plant supervisor. They are both far from being the type of poor ghetto @ss loser we've all come to identify as Raiderfan, but when Sunday comes around, you'd think these two are dirt poor and live on the bad side of the hood.

Of course they will be at the game stabbing Charger fans like myself to prove to their fellow Raiderfans just how "thug life" they are. Pathetic.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:09 PM
TemeculaMike

Quote:
Originally posted by: yodafro
I haven't met many cool Raider fans. The kind I wouldn't mind sitting next to at a Charger game. For some reason, everyone I run into looks suspicious. Like I've seen them somewhere before. The LA riots come to mind. They fit the description of marauding homeless people with shopping carts and knives.

Is it the skull and the crossbones that make them feel so evil and powerfull? I'm wondering because it sure hasn't been the way the team has played in recent memory. I think it's got nothing to do with the team. It's got more to do with being mean and ugly. Since when did mean and Misguided, Angry, Ugly & Uneducated translate into 1st and goal?
My brother is a Raider fan - the sad thing is he became a Raider fan because I, his older brother, **was** a Raider fan growing up in O.C. Once the Raider's left LA and I moved to S.D. I saw the light and became a Charger fan (that was 1994). Unfortunately, my poor misguided brother remains a staunch Raider fan. [img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img] Last year, he attended the Raider/Charger game with me. I in my LT jersey and he in his Rice jersey.

He actually is a very nice guy. He is a Captain in the Army (Fort Bragg) and a dentist working on his Endodontist specialty. He graduated from an Ivy league dental school with honors. A smart kid that continues to make bad choices.

I have long stated that the average Raider fan is attracted to the team because Al Davis propogates a mystic of hooliganism. All the NFL has to do to excise the thugs from the ranks of Raider Nation is for the next 5 years make the Oakland Raider change their name to the Oakland Bunnies. Change the colors from Silver and Black to Yellow and Pink. You will see so-called Raider fans dropping off in droves. Heck, given the fact Oakland is so close to San Fran, you might even see a boost in attendance, just a different group [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2004, 03:18 PM
HellsBells

Evil. Pure Evil.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:44 PM
and proud of it

I work with a lot of Raider Fans, a couple of them are season Ticket holders who go up to Oakland, They know I am a RaiderHater, we have had numerous Talks, and we will have a lot more.

These Guys are not Thugs, they are Convicts, they are not Gangsta's.

They hate the Chargers and I Know it, but thats as far as it goes, One guy " Raider Robbie", and I have gone Fishing together numerous Times, and have drank many a beer together!

But it has taken time, many Months to lower that Comfort Zone, many Months to get used to Talking with them.

But then if you are going to work with them 8 to 12 Hours a Day, 5 - 7 Days a Week, you have to drop those Barriers, you have to. You have to be Professional's first!

It is those that I do not know, it is those who get dressed up in all that Garbage with the Makeup!

Its the Players on the Team, its the Owner, Its the Raider Nation!

Thats who I hate!
Old 10-12-2004, 10:44 PM
AgentGarcia

They are evil mother f-----

BLACK MAGIK

DARKNESS
Old 10-12-2004, 10:44 PM
AgentGarcia

Quote:
Originally posted by: yodafro

Reginald Denny

LOL