Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Español Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > Quarterback Talk
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-18-2004, 09:32 PM
sd21run
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Brees around the League

The only QB's rated higher than Brees are
Culpepper, Manning, McNab, & Rothlisberger. That's right,
Drew "MyFansWantMeOutOfTown" Brees is ranked 5th.
After comparing some stats I found that not only is Drew
the best QB in the AFC West at this point (see below), but he's
also out-ranking names such as Tom Brady, Brett Favre,
Steve McNair, Michael Vick, and the rest of the NFL with
the exception of the top 4. He also has thrown the least amount
of INT's amoung the list below.

Brees SD 64% 9td 3int
Brady NE 59% 10td 5int
Favre GB 62% 11td 6int
Plummer Den 58% 10td 5int
Collins Oak 57% 2td 8int
Green KC 61% 6td 4int
Hasselbeck Sea 58% 6td 4int
Vick Atl 59% 4td 4int
McNair Ten 57% 4td 6int
Palmer Cin 55% 4td 8int
Delhomme Car 59% 7td 9int

So I guess I have to agree with all the other Charger fans
(so I don't get accused of being unpatriotic):
Sign Cleo Lemon because hell "he's got a ton of upside!"
Sign 42 year old Flutie, after all his career is just starting
And for God's Sake get Drew Brees the hell out of SD!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Drew Brees has no upside nor does he have any potential?
If money is what you're worried about, rest assured the Chargers are pro's at getting value out of their players before it's too late...just look at what we got for Jr. Seau, Rodney Harrison, David Boston, and John Carney...I'm still looking.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-18-2004, 10:00 PM
TrumpetDude
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Brees around the League

Quote:
Originally posted by: sd21run
The only QB's rated higher than Brees are

Culpepper, Manning, McNab, & Rothlisberger. That's right,

Drew "MyFansWantMeOutOfTown" Brees is ranked 5th.

After comparing some stats I found that not only is Drew

the best QB in the AFC West at this point (see below), but he's

also out-ranking names such as Tom Brady, Brett Favre,

Steve McNair, Michael Vick, and the rest of the NFL with

the exception of the top 4. He also has thrown the least amount

of INT's amoung the list below.



Brees SD 64% 9td 3int

Brady NE 59% 10td 5int

Favre GB 62% 11td 6int

Plummer Den 58% 10td 5int

Collins Oak 57% 2td 8int

Green KC 61% 6td 4int

Hasselbeck Sea 58% 6td 4int

Vick Atl 59% 4td 4int

McNair Ten 57% 4td 6int

Palmer Cin 55% 4td 8int

Delhomme Car 59% 7td 9int



So I guess I have to agree with all the other Charger fans

(so I don't get accused of being unpatriotic):

Sign Cleo Lemon because hell "he's got a ton of upside!"

Sign 42 year old Flutie, after all his career is just starting

And for God's Sake get Drew Brees the hell out of SD!!!!!!!!!



p.s. Drew Brees has no upside nor does he have any potential?

If money is what you're worried about, rest assured the Chargers are pro's at getting value out of their players before it's too late...just look at what we got for Jr. Seau, Rodney Harrison, David Boston, and John Carney...I'm still looking.
Wow ... we should get Ft. Knox for a Brees trade !!

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Thunderstruck's Avatar
Thunderstruck Thunderstruck is offline
TY Kris Dielman
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lakeside
Posts: 12,643
Default Brees around the League

Yes, but after the "we-hate-Brees" club runs your post through the gauntlet of rigid logical scrutiny, and subjects the data you have offered to a complete dissection via hasty generalizations, unrepresentative samples, and slothful induction, they will inevitably be left with one and only one shield of illogic; a proposition at once flawed and incontrovertable in its heretofore unproven simplicity: That Philip Rivers will undoubtably have immediate success in the NFL, because Ben Roethlesburger is doing well for a rookie.
__________________
GO BOLTS!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Johndbr
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Brees around the League

Well your stats are really misleading, but not to the worse side, Brees should be higher. At least 3 of those QBs are riding their schedule. When they start going up against the better Ds in the league, I think you will see at least 2 drop out.

John B.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-19-2004, 12:25 AM
Shamrock's Avatar
Shamrock Shamrock is offline
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Alamo
Posts: 60,237
Default Brees around the League

Quote:
Originally posted by: Thunderstruck
Yes, but after the "we-hate-Brees" club runs your post through the gauntlet of rigid logical scrutiny, and subjects the data you have offered to a complete dissection via hasty generalizations, unrepresentative samples, and slothful induction, they will inevitably be left with one and only one shield of illogic; a proposition at once flawed and incontrovertable in its heretofore unproven simplicity: That Philip Rivers will undoubtably have immediate success in the NFL, because Ben Roethlesburger is doing well for a rookie.
Don't suppress highly refined anecdotal evidence that supports the hypothesis.
__________________
© Nonsense News Network

Sound is my enemy .... Closed Captioning is my friend.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-19-2004, 08:13 AM
tmvalence4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Brees around the League

Quote:
Originally posted by: sd21run
The only QB's rated higher than Brees are

Culpepper, Manning, McNab, & Rothlisberger. That's right,

Drew "MyFansWantMeOutOfTown" Brees is ranked 5th.

After comparing some stats I found that not only is Drew

the best QB in the AFC West at this point (see below), but he's

also out-ranking names such as Tom Brady, Brett Favre,

Steve McNair, Michael Vick, and the rest of the NFL with

the exception of the top 4. He also has thrown the least amount

of INT's amoung the list below.



Brees SD 64% 9td 3int

Brady NE 59% 10td 5int

Favre GB 62% 11td 6int

Plummer Den 58% 10td 5int

Collins Oak 57% 2td 8int

Green KC 61% 6td 4int

Hasselbeck Sea 58% 6td 4int

Vick Atl 59% 4td 4int

McNair Ten 57% 4td 6int

Palmer Cin 55% 4td 8int

Delhomme Car 59% 7td 9int



So I guess I have to agree with all the other Charger fans

(so I don't get accused of being unpatriotic):

Sign Cleo Lemon because hell "he's got a ton of upside!"

Sign 42 year old Flutie, after all his career is just starting

And for God's Sake get Drew Brees the hell out of SD!!!!!!!!!



p.s. Drew Brees has no upside nor does he have any potential?

If money is what you're worried about, rest assured the Chargers are pro's at getting value out of their players before it's too late...just look at what we got for Jr. Seau, Rodney Harrison, David Boston, and John Carney...I'm still looking.
You guys WILL BE SORRY for how you treated me!! I don't want to stay know!!

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-19-2004, 08:16 AM
dgjock
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Brees around the League

Quote:
Originally posted by: tmvalence4
You guys WILL BE SORRY for how you treated me!! I don't want to stay know!!
You "being Brees" antics is starting to annoy me.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-19-2004, 08:29 AM
minion
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Brees around the League

ya dude seriously your not fooling anyone
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-19-2004, 12:12 PM
SDRaiderH8er's Avatar
SDRaiderH8er SDRaiderH8er is offline
and proud of it
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lakeside
Posts: 3,724
Default Brees around the League

And those stats are from this Year, and if we take his whole Career Stats,


where does he place now?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Chargeroo's Avatar
Chargeroo Chargeroo is offline
First member of the board
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 26,693
Default Brees around the League

Quote:
Originally posted by: dgjock
Quote:
Originally posted by: tmvalence4
You guys WILL BE SORRY for how you treated me!! I don't want to stay know!!
You "being Brees" antics is starting to annoy me.
Hey, he's just having fun. Laugh with him and you can have fun too!
__________________



Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:25 AM.


© 2012 San Diego Chargers. All Rights Reserved.