Chargers Header
Forum Home News Media Vault Schedule Team Charger Girls Tickets Fan Zone Community En Espaņol Fantasy Football Pro Shop

Go Back   The Official San Diego Chargers Forum > Chargers Talk > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2005, 11:05 AM
geekster

Default Where is Chargers Park? - Answered!

Hi Folks,

I'm spending a lot of time responding to PM's asking for travel directions, etc. to Chargers Park. Might I suggest you use MapQuest.com or one of the other free on-line services for this? All you need is your own address and that of Chargers park, which was previously released in the forums and on the main site as:
Quote:
Chargers Park is located at 4020 Murphy Canyon Road, just west of I-15 between Aero Drive and Clairemont Mesa Blvd. Fan Fest will be held at Qualcomm Stadium on Saturday, August 6, 2005. Gates open 1 hour prior to practice, close 30 minutes after practice concludes. (Video taping of practice is strictly prohibited)
REMEMBER if you are coming down on the weekend - there won't be a shuttle running between Qualcomm Stadium and Chargers Park (the Stadium and its parking lot get used a *LOT* for other purposes on weekends) - on weekends parking is available at the PS Business Center adjacent (just to the South) to the address above. It is a relatively short walk.

The exception here is "FanFest" which will be at the Q per the quote above!

Hope this helps!!!

-=dave=-

Last edited by geekster; 07-31-2005 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-31-2005, 11:22 AM
geekster

Another question I had yesterday (via PM) was how to get from AmTrack to the Q. I recommended the user exploit this site:

http://www.sdcommute.com/

For available information on the avialable public transportation system (including the trolley) to get around San Diego.

(Obviously a lot of us from this area, including myself, use private vehicles and aren't all that familiar with the public transport system).

Hope this helps!

-=dave=-

REMEMBER - the shuttle bus between the Q and Chargers Parks is not available on weekends!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:38 AM
geekster

A related page on the main site at chargers.com is really good reading - it is entitled "The A TO Z FAN GUIDE"... Suggest you check it out if you haven't already done so over this past year:

http://www.chargers.com/stadium/atozfanguide.cfm
Old 07-31-2005, 03:15 PM
First member of the board

For training camp times -

http://www.chargers.com/camp/2005/index.cfm